Ayr United v Raith Rovers - 30/09/23

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I think I've seen us win there twice, and once was under Gary Locke. 

Yeah that’s the only time I’ve ever seen us lose to Raith at Somerset. Was the opening game of the season iirc and we played with Alan Forrest and Paul Cairney up front. 

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Did we not play them with Ryan Stevenson in goals at Somerset under yogi? I'm starting to buy in to Bobby Barr saying we would have stayed up if locke wasn't punted *shudders"

He had a great game as well. Made a wonder save in the first five minutes and I was wondering if it was going to be one of those nights. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

He had a great game as well. Made a wonder save in the first five minutes and I was wondering if it was going to be one of those nights. 

He had to borrow a pair of Cammy Bell's gloves which were in Ryan Hardie's car or some nonsense like that. 

I remember telling people at work the day before to sink money on Ayr because we still didn't have anyone signed. The morning of the game, it was incredible to watch the hours tick away with no update. 

Thank f**k we're away from that shitshow. 

I think I've seen us win down there three times? The aforementioned Ross Callachan and Ross Matthews game, a midweek game I think Grant Murray scored from a header at a corner and one was a rare outing for Javier Amaya (dont think he scored but remember the blue boots)

38 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think I watched the game online or on alba or whatever it was. Was that not essentially the only save he actually made also? We naturally packed the defence and stopped shots happening but he did do pretty well coming off his line etc as well iirc. It's that old thing of every 'keeper started out as a striker really. 

16 minutes ago, renton said:

I think I've seen us win down there three times? The aforementioned Ross Callachan and Ross Matthews game, a midweek game I think Grant Murray scored from a header at a corner and one was a rare outing for Javier Amaya (dont think he scored but remember the blue boots)

We won a game down there where Varian scored a few seasons back I think. There ended up being three red cards. It was midweek so not sure that many would've got to it. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

We won a game down there where Varian scored a few seasons back I think. There ended up being three red cards. It was midweek so not sure that many would've got to it. 

Yeah, gutted I missed that. Think I actually missed both Varian's goals for us.

Aye, same season. 

We played them right at the start of the season and both of the Rosses (Matthews and Callaghan) got on the score sheet if I remember correctly. 

As for Locke, we'd have just kicked the can down the road. If we'd held on, it's hard to see where we'd have improved. 

Callachan. 

Sorry. 🤣

Ah yes. I’m talking bollocks in my earlier post as I was definitely in attendance that night. No idea how I could forget the rousing rendition of Hopkin GTF from the SRE at full time. Red cards for Muirhead and Afolabi for us. We offered absolutely nothing in that game and I think we started with about six defenders on the pitch. 

Sure Zanatta scored as well and got it right up the fans booing him on the terrace. 

2 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Tuesday, 7 Sept 2021, 2-0 with Varian and Zanetta scoring. Afolabi red for tackle on Dick at 73’, Riley-Snow a second yellow at 78’ and Muirhead a second yellow at 80’.

With the quality that Raith have in positions that will be up against relatively weak areas for us, I can't see us getting anything here.

Raith will be able to exploit those areas that QP did not on Friday, while also not playing a ridiculous system that leaves them vulnerable.

Ayr 1-3 Raith

Last time I seen us win down in Ayr was when Lee Bryce (think it was him, or maybe Carcary) played for us. Have vague memories of it being a last minute winner. We had left the terrace behind the goals and were pretty much at the exit down by the main stand ready to leave when the goal went in. 

13 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

I remember telling people at work the day before to sink money on Ayr because we still didn't have anyone signed. The morning of the game, it was incredible to watch the hours tick away with no update.

There were a good few on here boasting about what they’d placed/odds they’d got on the handicap markets, Ayr -2/-3 etc. Get it up them.

Aye I think Bullen really has to adopt the if they score 4 we'll score 5 mentality for this. Would start Senga just to throw in a wildcard option, someone Raith won't be able to account for. If he is more conservative in his approach I can see a drubbing on the cards. 

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

I see this game is the next stop on the David Munro refereeing incompetence tour.

Both clubs have my sympathies. 

He gave us two penalties against Morton, one of which had in particular had their fans greeting. 

I'm sure it'll be as consistent as ever.

Was in charge of our 3-2 loss last season away to Partick in December where he had a part to play in all 3 goals for Thistle, absolute clown of a referee.  Genuinely probably the worst that's floating about Premiership/Championship, which is some accolade.