Ayr United v Raith Rovers - 30/09/23

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s absolutely achievable when it comes to OF fans as games are televised and there’s plain clothed police at most of these games now.

In fairness I had somehow forgotten that electronic ticketing is now universal, and that most of these people are too stupid not to put their own names on the forms (and if they use someone else then that person can get blacklisted too).

Red Lion is alright but I'm not sure it would be at the top of my recommendation list for Prestwick.

Vic's is a lot nicer and has the big screen up, Golf Inn is always nice but not great for sports, Pioneer to satisfy that 'Spoons desire, Buf if you're under 21 and Caprice if you're rich. 

6 hours ago, Shibuya said:

Red Lion is alright but I'm not sure it would be at the top of my recommendation list for Prestwick.

Vic's is a lot nicer and has the big screen up, Golf Inn is always nice but not great for sports, Pioneer to satisfy that 'Spoons desire, Buf if you're under 21 and Caprice if you're rich. 

Was in Vics for the first time since it was Elliot’s for the Cyprus game and it was cracking. Huge big screen for the football, decent pints and food as well. 

15 hours ago, Thumper said:

I genuinely cannot believe that the Central Bar has shut.

The only time I was ever in the central bar (pre Hugh Burns, the w**k) I went to the toilet. The cistern in the gents had been disconnected so the only way the toilets flushed was new pish forcing old pish down the drain.

16 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Just been on to get tickets, are we not even getting the wee bit of terrace any more ?

Look forward to the geriatric Ayr GIRUY crew winding up our support again 😂😂

My understanding is that there are only 2 or 3 teams in the league who wouldn't get use of the railway end due to low away fan numbers; Arbroath, QP and maybe Inverness? Seems odd given Raith normally bring a decent enough crowd that you aren't given the option? 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

My understanding is that there are only 2 or 3 teams in the league who wouldn't get use of the railway end due to low away fan numbers; Arbroath, QP and maybe Inverness? Seems odd given Raith normally bring a decent enough crowd that you aren't given the option? 

Would imagine they'll have the enclosure behind the dugout and the stand, sure they had that tail end of last season.  Unless you're bring 400+ that's what you will get.

Edited by callum-ayr

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Would imagine they'll have the enclosure behind the dugout and the stand, sure they had that tail end of last season.  Unless you're bring 400+ that's what you will get.

I wonder how many will be put off by Ayr and NoA being out of action for the time being. Prestwick would still make for a pretty decent day out, but there is the additional hassle of getting to the ground. 

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Its the seated portion of the stand only I think.

22 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Just been on to get tickets, are we not even getting the wee bit of terrace any more ?

Look forward to the geriatric Ayr GIRUY crew winding up our support again 😂😂

From what I remember, the area of the ground the away fans get is based on what numbers the away team think will travel. 

The bare minimum will be the two sections of the main stand at the railway end and the enclosure in front of it. 

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Yeah that’s the area I’m on about.

One of the few grounds where you can watch the game properly and your fired into a seat 🤦‍♂️

6 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

I wonder how many will be put off by Ayr and NoA being out of action for the time being. Prestwick would still make for a pretty decent day out, but there is the additional hassle of getting to the ground. 

Have you seen rail links to other grounds in the country? Usually if it's less than a thirty minute walk it's not one you'd do after sundown without a machete.

The X77 stops at Tam's Brig anyway, and it's not as if any away support doesn't have to change at Glasgow anyway.