Like for like replacements

Just now, Cosmic Joe said:

I'll need to check this out

Across from Gellatly car park entrance. The Manchurian restuarant above it is worth a visit too.

Some of the stuff in Matthews is a stab in the dark being in Chinese with no photos but that's all part of the game.

1 minute ago, Derry Alli said:

Across from Gellatly car park entrance. The Manchurian restuarant above it is worth a visit too.

Some of the stuff in Matthews is a stab in the dark being in Chinese with no photos but that's all part of the game.

Cheers. I've been to the Manchurian - excellent place. 

Vaguely remember buying a 'birds nest drink' from that Matthews when at Uni. Supposed to includes all the remnants of the nest from a certain type of bird. Funnily enough it was rank.

To answer the original question go to Farmfoods and get the same stuff cheaper on most occasions.

52 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Across from Gellatly car park entrance.

Any time I've heard someone talk about this place they've just called it "the chinese market." It being called Matthews is a bit funny to me actually

51 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Vaguely remember buying a 'birds nest drink' from that Matthews when at Uni. Supposed to includes all the remnants of the nest from a certain type of bird. Funnily enough it was rank.

To answer the original question go to Farmfoods and get the same stuff cheaper on most occasions.

Mmm, swift slavers. They take the feathers and grit and stuff out before serving though, so you should have had nice clean dried spit. 

56 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Canny mind if it's Lidl or Aldi but the Batts Tomato Ketchup and Mayonaise are both perfectly acceptable replacements for Heinz or Hellmans

Polish tomato Chup Chup (as advertised on here) has replaced Heinz on this posters bacon sangwitch.

Curry paste is a good shout.  The Sainsbury's version was nowhere near as good as Patak's, and actually more expensive.

7 hours ago, Empty It said:

Danpak from Lidl, don't bother trying it, it's shite.

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think Danpak does a butter that's both unsalted and spreadable.

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Instant Noodle fans...

Go to the international section of Tesco, Nissin do Demae Ramen noodles.

NissinDemaeRamenChickenFlavourNoodles-100g_700x700.png.f3cb28a5a23124824716982c733647f5.png

65p per packet, 35p cheaper than Super Noodles, taste better too.

Get the ones with the wee raging chicken on them. Add popcorn chicken pre coated in sriacha to really piss the wee bastirt off. Bliss.

Edit : @Gnash, dint eat anything from Pataks. :lol: got some horror stories from their place in Dundee.

Edited by Derry Alli

Good topic that'll I'll keep an eye on. I've been striving to get cheaper options to the branded stuff that has sky rocketed in cost  Condiments mainly.

Can't agree more with the previous post about HP sauce.

I've found good substitutes for most chup chup but the Houses of Parliament stuff just can't be touched.

2 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Get the ones with the wee raging chicken on them. Add popcorn chicken pre coated in sriacha to really piss the wee bastirt off. Bliss.

Edit : @Gnash, dint eat anything from Pataks. :lol: got some horror stories from their place in Dundee.

Dundee? Christ, that's a game changer. Not found any used condoms yet though.