The Chip Shop Scottish Cup

The Chip Shop Scottish Cup  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OP cannily avoiding the Chippy/Chipper argument in the thread title.  Nice.

Spoiler

Of course theres no argument, its Chipper. 

Anyway, where is the battered pickled onions option? I notice some weegies on twatter claiming to have invented this last week despite these being freely available in chippers in Dundee for years.

Spoiler

Deep-fried pickled onions — The FatSteak Club

What exactly is a Mockchop??  Is this some weird teuchter thing?

We all know that the meat in these places is of questionable types/origin, but actually putting a word in front of something that infers it's not what it claims to be is not how I'd imagine you would go about marketing something.

5 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We all know that the meat in these places is of questionable types/origin, but actually putting a word in front of something that infers it's not what it claims to be is not how I'd imagine you would go about marketing something.

A mock chop is a meat patty vaguely shaped to resemble a pork chop. I assume it’s pork but it could be mutton, horse, seagull etc. 

Agree it’s bad marketing. They could have borrowed ideas from one of its close relatives and called it a chip chop or a king chop. I’d eat a king chop I reckon, whatever it might be made of. 

12 minutes ago, coprolite said:

A mock chop is a meat patty vaguely shaped to resemble a pork chop. I assume it’s pork but it could be mutton, horse, seagull etc. 

Agree it’s bad marketing. They could have borrowed ideas from one of its close relatives and called it a chip chop or a king chop. I’d eat a king chop I reckon, whatever it might be made of. 

How To Make A Paper Fortune ( Chip Chop ) Teller Easy Origami - YouTube

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

It's mutton dressed as pork.

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I'd probably eat a king chop.  The Chip Shop Marketing Board have really dropped a bollock here.*

*and probably mashed it up and made it pork chop shaped.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Aye you need to go Dundee or Norther. I discovered them in Aberdeen. They form a magnificent trilogy of battery goodness with the king rib and the chipsteak

Anyone that eats some strange piece of frozen shitt, that is dipped in batter deserves everything they get in later life.

In order of not tasting like what they are meant to be. IMO

Chipsteak :  Unsure how whatever it is can actually taste that bad.  Only thing that resembles the taste is that 99p Frozen microwave Donner Kebab shyte.

Mock Chop:  A different shape of the above I guess.  Equally evil.

King Rib:  f**k knows what King it is meant to represent.  I think if they are a bit reddish colour rather than turgid grey they taste of something.

Pizza in Batter:  They do not actually let you see the package before battering.  I think it is actually the Cardboard Base the Pizza sits on they use.

Cheeseburger.  How the fuckkk do they manage to inject this monstrosity with molten crap.

Get these fuckerss all knocked out.

Puddings: Generally Acceptable.

Sausage: Generally Acceptable.