The Chip Shop Scottish Cup

The Chip Shop Scottish Cup  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Out of interest, when did the Central Belt make the move from a chip shop sausage being one large one to two medium sized ones?  The latter's certainly a 21st Century thing in my experience, and some Central Belters seem to get very pernickity about "ah only got wan sassidge!" when they venture further afield.

Is the rUK a double sassidge society? 

20 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Mock chops are sensaysh. I genuinely pity those amongst us who have never stuffed their pus full of one.

i've only read the first 2 pages and it looks like the weedgies are all languishing in the 3rd tier of deep fried food.

PREM - Teuchter (EAST COAST)

CHAMP - Capital/borders

The rest - weedgies and the England

23 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Out of interest, when did the Central Belt make the move from a chip shop sausage being one large one to two medium sized ones?  The latter's certainly a 21st Century thing in my experience, and some Central Belters seem to get very pernickity about "ah only got wan sassidge!" when they venture further afield.

As a central belter in his late 40s, a sausage super has always been 2 battered sausages (grey 'meat' and incredibly salty) for as long as I've known. So we're talking early 80s at least. 

Smoked sausage supper is unbattered and just a single item. 

54 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Borders area in the 80's and into the 90's was a single (elongated) battered sausage. No idea now though. 

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What’s the consensus on gravy with chips? The wife insists on it whereas I think it’s an abomination.

I think it would strongly depend on the taste/quality of gravy. Chips covered in gravy from a steak pie are tremendous. Wouldn't order it from a chippy though.

I do think there is a gap in the market for battered brussel sprouts though.

Chips, cheese, gravy and chilli sauce is sensational, but it requires an enormous amount of faith as it looks utterly revolting.

Upon hearing something I'd said a bit louder than I'd intended, a guy in a chip shop once said to me "don't knock it until you've tried it.  In fact, buy one, and I'll pay for it if you don't like it" or words along those lines.   

Should really have said I didn't like it upon reflection.

41 minutes ago, PWL said:

As a central belter in his late 40s, a sausage super has always been 2 battered sausages (grey 'meat' and incredibly salty) for as long as I've known. So we're talking early 80s at least. 

Smoked sausage supper is unbattered and just a single item. 

Technically is the Smoked sausage not a 1/2 item ?   Maybe just the Stingy outlets cut em in 2.

On that subject I think shitey sized Haddock is cheaper than shark size.  Hence most outlets give you 2 minnows as a single fish.

Very confusing.

Edited by superbigal

5 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

How about a Stonner?

1698863876771-png.781767

Sausage wrapped in donner meat, deep fried in batter. I suggest you be very careful when ordering. 

The much fabled stonner! The one I had heard about was smoked sausauge

(Edited as i hardest that as stoner and wrote some shite)

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

6 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Technically is the Smoked sausage not a 1/2 item ?   Maybe just the Stingy outlets cut em in 2.

On that subject I think shitey sized Haddock is cheaper than shark size.  Hence most outlets give you 2 minnows as a single fish.

Very confusing.

My closest chippy gives you half a fillet as a small and 2 halves as a normal the conning fucker, also not a chance it is haddock some Vietnamese river fish or something 

9 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

My closest chippy gives you half a fillet as a small and 2 halves as a normal the conning fucker, also not a chance it is haddock some Vietnamese river fish or something 

image.jpeg.123366b9d43085354b9335bc88aff61f.jpegCaptain Icelandic Salmon

image.jpeg