The Chip Shop Scottish Cup

The Chip Shop Scottish Cup  

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

Not for me Clive

Curry sass however....

Also no.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I think it would strongly depend on the taste/quality of gravy. Chips covered in gravy from a steak pie are tremendous. Wouldn't order it from a chippy though.

I do think there is a gap in the market for battered brussel sprouts though.

59 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

From a Scottish Chipper - No.....

from an English Chippy.......perhaps, each to their own

Clear majority support for the abomination proposition. 

I've never tried the Canadian delicacy of Poutine but I would be willing to give it a shot. Is that not essentially just chips and gravy?

Anyway, I think we can all agree only suspicious individuals would order a mockchop instead of a sausage so when are moving onto round two @Cosmic Joe

38 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Slightly off topic I caught a YouTube video of someone eating a Wigan kebab. He also had a Smack and pea wet.

Without looking who knows what they are?

Wigan kebabs are pehs on a roll. I once clicked a video kind of intrigued and left thoroughly disappointed 

7 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

I've never tried the Canadian delicacy of Poutine but I would be willing to give it a shot. Is that not essentially just chips and gravy?

@Cosmic Joe

It's chips, cheese and gravy, but with little white cheese curds instead of grated cheddar.  Latter wins hands down for me though, especially when given time to melt onto the chips.

Eta: has to be orange cheese, not that white p*sh.

Edited by Hedgecutter

51 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Slightly off topic I caught a YouTube video of someone eating a Wigan kebab. He also had a Smack and pea wet.

Without looking who knows what they are?

You can get plenty smack from folk that look like they've pead themselves outside the kebab shops in Dundee.

I had a roll and fritter (2 fritters) on Tuesday. Hit the spot after a couple of prematch pints.

Nowadays, I usually go for a special haddock and chips.

I used to love a sausage supper, chips  and curry sauce.

I've had a mock chop from the chippy next The Troll Bar across from the allotments at Tannadice. It was okay.

I had a red pudding supper in Cowdenbeath. Was sensational.

Not really any specialities in the west end chippies of Glasgow although you can order a Bourdain at the University Cafe on Byres Road.

Bourdain, a fish, a haggis and chips cheese and curry sauce.

Edited by jagfox

Cheek b*****d (Hamish I think) in the Silvery Tay Newport-On-Tay a few years ago.  I may have been a little overweight.

I had ordered a Fish Supper & a Single White Pudding.

He looked at me and asked "do you want them in the same box sir"  

Got him back when I asked if the Fish was still alive.

"What"

"Cos it looks like it''s eaten half the chips you miserable git.

Edited by superbigal

2 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Anyway, I think we can all agree only suspicious individuals would order a mockchop instead of a sausage so when are moving onto round two @Cosmic Joe

Poutine is just chips, cheese and gravy but the French get very angry when you tell them this.