Montrose v Queens

3 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Well, that was unexpected. Connelly was outstanding in that first half. The other standout for me, who is often criticised, was Paul McKay, I thought he was immense. 

Cheers. Going by the updates sounds as though Lee was involved in all 4 goals for Queens (unless Church had one of the assists for Ferguson, not totally clear) - with two great strikes and another great strike off the bar that led to one of Ferguson's goals.  Assume wee Lee's X-Box was broke last night and he got a decent sleep.

How did young Gibson do on his first start?

Thoroughly deserved victory for Queens. Montrose were simply horrific. 4th goal was a screamer, I was fortunate or unfortunate from a Montrose point of view to see if was arriving into the top corner from the moment it left his boot. 

Petrie had the wrong team out there, albeit we have injuries. Only pleasing aspect was 3 of the under-18s getting a decent run out in the second half 

On 08/12/2023 at 08:35, bod said:

Can I ask that Bartley goes right back to basics with a 4-4-2, none of this fannying about at the back, let’s play football in the opposition’s half.

Just keep it simple, give 100% and win the individual battles. Acknowledge and appreciate the traveling support, as taking the field wearing the Queens strip is a dream they would all love to do.

After last week’s disaster I’d like to see.

Stone

Houston, McClelland, Ambrose, Church.

Todd, McKay, Ferguson, Gibson.

Reilly, Connelly

I’m assuming the ground won’t be too hard, soft, wet, dry etc, etc for Gibson as he tries to return from his ankle injury!

Think Bartley must have read my post!

1 hour ago, bod said:

Think Bartley must have read my post!

Other than him playing a different team and formation…

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Cheers. Going by the updates sounds as though Lee was involved in all 4 goals for Queens (unless Church had one of the assists for Ferguson, not totally clear) - with two great strikes and another great strike off the bar that led to one of Ferguson's goals.  Assume wee Lee's X-Box was broke last night and he got a decent sleep.

How did young Gibson do on his first start?

It was definitely Lee involved in all 4.

Gibson did ok, looked fairly bright and had a few things that didn’t quite come off for him. 

7 hours ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Smugly picking Montrose on my coupon at evens. Should've known it was too good to be true.

5 hours ago, mo83 said:

Snap! Montrose and Morton Double😭

Jeezo ... any kind of bet involving this QOS side ... dearie me lads, dearie me ...

Still, you'll know better now, aye?

59 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I thought their money would be quite safe to be honest.

It should've been, but it's becoming obvious this Queens side are in full on "batsh*t crazy" mode this season.

Full highlights up now. Wasn't a case of 4 good goals. We looked possessed. Hopefully that's the standard from here on in. 

Surprised nothing was said about the challenge early on. Seen red's given for that. The boy is maybe lucky it was so early on. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Full highlights up now. Wasn't a case of 4 good goals. We looked possessed. Hopefully that's the standard from here on in. 

Surprised nothing was said about the challenge early on. Seen red's given for that. The boy is maybe lucky it was so early on. 

Came on to comment on this, that’s an absolute horror tackle. A proper leg breaker of a tackle, not sure it even happens at this level but one the compliance officer would be looking at if it was a Premiership game. GIRUY the Montrose fans booing him and sarcastically cheering when he got back to his feet. 

2 hours ago, Broony88 said:

Came on to comment on this, that’s an absolute horror tackle. A proper leg breaker of a tackle, not sure it even happens at this level but one the compliance officer would be looking at if it was a Premiership game. GIRUY the Montrose fans booing him and sarcastically cheering when he got back to his feet. 

So I heard that correctly? Didn't want to comment as I wasn't sure that's what I'd heard. Pretty poor taste tbh.