January transfer window 2024

13 hours ago, bod said:

Sounds just about right for Bartley! Quick check to see BIG Joel has been very prolific in his career so far. Should fit in nicely with us.

Oh no. I’ve got to say that Marvs forward signings have been terrible. He sounds like another big, fat, useless striker like Doherty who came with a bad reputation and has lived up to it. We should never have resigned Ross Irving who is not up to this level and although I like Jake Hutchison’s clever flicks he isn’t a goal scorer. We need quality signings to improve us and to find gems, not duds. I would be really disappointed if this were the standard of January signings. I envisioned hidden treasures from down South or terrific young players from his mates Eddie Howe and Sean Dyche and not this rubbish. 

We do need strength and experience down the spine of the team but if Gav is out for 3 vital weeks and this is the replacement I fear that may end our slim hopes of 4th spot and consign this season to the disaster category. 

Marv don’t do it. 

14 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Accies departures news

-Dario Zannata is set to move on loan to Clyde

-Kelty Hearts are interested in a move for Josh O'Brien permanently 

-Queen Of The South are interested in a loan move for Joel Mumbongo. 

Zannata will be excellent in league 2 and he could end up keeping Clyde up by himself great league 2 signing. Good news for Kelty fans as well O'Brien is a good player but has been mistreated by Rankin he'll end up getting a bigger move in the future and we will regret letting him go. However I'm afraid it's not good news for QOTS fans Joel Mumbongo is arguably one of the worst strikers I've ever seen for accies absolutely stunned out of those 3 players he's the one that has somehow managed to get a full time club and I don't know what Bartley is thinking here.

O'Brien would fit well at NCP from what I've seen. We need two centre half's with O'Ware away & Thommo injury prone. Likely one loan one perm given squad numbers.

20 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Accies departures news

-Dario Zannata is set to move on loan to Clyde

-Kelty Hearts are interested in a move for Josh O'Brien permanently 

-Queen Of The South are interested in a loan move for Joel Mumbongo. 

Zannata will be excellent in league 2 and he could end up keeping Clyde up by himself great league 2 signing. Good news for Kelty fans as well O'Brien is a good player but has been mistreated by Rankin he'll end up getting a bigger move in the future and we will regret letting him go. However I'm afraid it's not good news for QOTS fans Joel Mumbongo is arguably one of the worst strikers I've ever seen for accies absolutely stunned out of those 3 players he's the one that has somehow managed to get a full time club and I don't know what Bartley is thinking here.

Is the Zanatta one likely to happen ? Don't want to get too excited in case it doesn't 😂

6 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

O'Brien would fit well at NCP from what I've seen. We need two centre half's with O'Ware away & Thommo injury prone. Likely one loan one perm given squad numbers.

Yep will be a good signing I would have kept him think the only reason he's leaving is that Rankin doesn't like him which seems to be a common trait with Rankin and his own signings.

16 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I would expect that all 3 of those rumours will happen.

Nah, just let two of them happen, you can gtf with the other!

Edited to say, I've not read ANYTHING positive about the one linked to us.

Edited by bod

1 hour ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Tyler Mykyta joins Forfar on loan until the end of the season. 3rd departure this window for us, none inbound as of yet

Screenshot_20240112_150228_X.jpg

Is that the lad that came on as a sub on Tuesday? I thought he was decent.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is that the lad that came on as a sub on Tuesday? I thought he was decent.

Yeah he came on after 50 minutes for Jacob Jones. He's got something but is new to senior football, needs game time for development and generally Hartley, at Cove anyway, doesn't play "young" players unless they are exceptional. 

We gave him a 2 year deal but doubt he'll break through with us.

1 hour ago, bod said:

Nah, just let two of them happen, you can gtf with the other!

Edited to say, I've not read ANYTHING positive about the one linked to us.

Yeah i think there's a good reason you've not read anything positive about Mumbongo think you could have picked a random QOTS fan to sign and they could do a better job than Mumbongo.

10 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah i think there's a good reason you've not read anything positive about Mumbongo think you could have picked a random QOTS fan to sign and they could do a better job than Mumbongo.

Is Mumbongo that bad .He came on for you at Palmy looked decent.

Big strong had bit of pace or am I trying to convince myself he has all these assets.

Thought the deal would go through today so maybe not happening now.

6 hours ago, Greenacres said:

Is Mumbongo that bad .He came on for you at Palmy looked decent.

Big strong had bit of pace or am I trying to convince myself he has all these assets.

Thought the deal would go through today so maybe not happening now.

Tbf his performance at QOTS was probably his best out of a terrible bunch. I think 8 league games and 0 goals for a striker probably sums it up. You would have honestly been far better looking at a young striker from a premiership team and taking a punt on them on loan than what you would having Mumbongo who generally at times is worse than a man down. Don't know what Bartley was thinking here.

18 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Tbf his performance at QOTS was probably his best out of a terrible bunch. I think 8 league games and 0 goals for a striker probably sums it up. You would have honestly been far better looking at a young striker from a premiership team and taking a punt on them on loan than what you would having Mumbongo who generally at times is worse than a man down. Don't know what Bartley was thinking here.

I think it's finally falling into place that Bartley is pretty clueless. I fully expect this boy to be signed. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think it's finally falling into place that Bartley is pretty clueless. I fully expect this boy to be signed. 

I personally like Bartley but at the same time I'm not the person who watches QOTS every week.

Just now, Ian Mcleod said:

I personally like Bartley but at the same time I'm not the person who watches QOTS every week.

Unlike Alan Johnston, I think Bartley will get another club but he needs to learn from his vast mistakes at us. Maybe go away and Assist for a while longer and try again. 

As it stands he's woefully out of his depth. 

Just now, 19QOS19 said:

Unlike Alan Johnston, I think Bartley will get another club but he needs to learn from his vast mistakes at us. Maybe go away and Assist for a while longer and try again. 

As it stands he's woefully out of his depth. 

Yeah sounds a bit similar to Rankin at times. Would be nice to see Bartley turn it around though if that ends up happening I don't know. I imagine if he was to get sacked he will do a lot of punditry I've already seen him on viaplay a couple of times.

17 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/hamilton-accies-make-audacious-swoop-31888191

This is coming across to me as very bad paper talk. Would be extremely shocked if any of these deals were to happen. Would be happy to be proven wrong.

Very poor indeed, pretty sure Agyeman signed a 3 year deal in the summer. Miller will most likely have a clause to leave in the summer if we don't go up but the relevance of that to make him want to join Hamilton's a good laugh.