Nicola

5 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

I really don't. It takes about a 5 minute Google search (you should try it) to discover that there are significant policy differences between them.

The thing is. Your leader Starmer keeps cartwheeling over " policies". He changes , backtracks, mumbles, evades questioning of his policies. Not to be trusted. Only in it to gain power for his own gratification and ego. No difference from the utterly despicable Tories.

God help Scotland under Starmer.

And his stance on Gaza is cowardly. Petrified of upsetting the Jewish community. 

While he sits back and keeps his mouth shut over Israel's genocide.

Edited by Highlandmagar

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I sense your frustration nor am I a Lunatic as you put it, what I'm doing, as I have mentioned before, is spoofing and highlighting the absolute trash that the BBC, the tory media and tory establishment plus and the yoons on here that trot out and pathetically extrapolate and blow up the smallest detail to drag the only political party based in Scotland through the mud.

When you look at the state of corruption, partying through covid led by a universally acknowledged clown and all the other shit that we have witnessed with the tories it's more than a bit rich for the yoons and thatcherites on here to point fingers, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones comes to mind.

Just to take things down to ground level and without going over Mone,, have a look at the tory MP Jonathon Gullis who when elected in 2019 was a teacher, four years later his personal wealth now stands at over £5Million, work that fecker out and then look at the absolute hysteria generated by the tories over Jason Leitch deleting messages.

If you can't see the utter hypocrisy of it all then there is no hope.

Have you ever persuaded anyone to share your views?

I'm sorry, but are the SNP getting advice from Labour supporters on how to avoid being emptied at a general election?

Some thread, this  :lol:

3 hours ago, Empty It said:

Voted for SNP all my days yet the c***s that still do my nut in the most are these radicals that think the SNP can do no wrong and that they're beyond criticism.

I do like the honesty of this post and as a Unionist I can fully empathise with it however (not aimed at yourself) it's amusing that a lot of SNP supporters are now coming to terms with what some people have been saying for a while.

Nicola was a very effective populist and had lots of loyal supporters but it's been obvious for a long time that the Indy conversation has been taken over by utter lunatics without a crumb of integrity.

People like Sandy and the other Nationalists are disenfranchised and angry and the whole thing has descended into a 5 stages of grief sort of thing. 

The biggest thought leaders in this space are c***s like Humza Yousef and Ash Regan ffs, talk about kicking the arse out of it. 

23 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I do like the honesty of this post and as a Unionist I can fully empathise with it however (not aimed at yourself) it's amusing that a lot of SNP supporters are now coming to terms with what some people have been saying for a while.

Nicola was a very effective populist and had lots of loyal supporters but it's been obvious for a long time that the Indy conversation has been taken over by utter lunatics without a crumb of integrity.

People like Sandy and the other Nationalists are disenfranchised and angry and the whole thing has descended into a 5 stages of grief sort of thing. 

The biggest thought leaders in this space are c***s like Humza Yousef and Ash Regan ffs, talk about kicking the arse out of it. 

Integrity? What a belter that is. Integrity from a unionist.  Oh dear!.

34 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm sorry, but are the SNP getting advice from Labour supporters on how to avoid being emptied at a general election?

Some thread, this  :lol:

I know 😀 but still.

I genuinely do think a change of leader (soon), with the replacement being Robertson or Brown, ditching the Greens, and being able to argue about the Economy, Cost of Living, NHS etc, (while inevitably also talking about Independence..just don't make it the 'only' focus), would see the SNP being a different prospect at the GE.

Stick with Yousaf, the Greens (and their agenda) and bang on about 'most seats and we're Independent', will only lead to a further fall in the polls.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagar said:

The thing is. Your leader Starmer keeps cartwheeling over " policies". He changes , backtracks, mumbles, evades questioning of his policies. Not to be trusted. Only in it to gain power for his own gratification and ego. No difference from the utterly despicable Tories.

God help Scotland under Starmer.

And his stance on Gaza is cowardly. Petrified of upsetting the Jewish community. 

While he sits back and keeps his mouth shut over Israel's genocide.

He really doesn't (on Israel)..its become a tired trope. Over the past 2 months he has consistently called for a ceasefire. I admit that he handled it badly at the start and should have been much clearer..he wasn't, but has a consistent ceasefire position since.

Only in it to gain power and his own ego....think you have described about 90% of (all politicians there).

There is something to be said for Billy Connelly's 'don't vote for them, it only encourages them' line.

16 minutes ago, Jedi2 said:

He really doesn't (on Israel)..its become a tired trope. Over the past 2 months he has consistently called for a ceasefire. I admit that he handled it badly at the start and should have been much clearer..he wasn't, but has a consistent ceasefire position since.

C'mon man. He explicitly supports the government's position on this. He was quoted as saying Israel has the right to withdraw power and water from Gaza. He also backs the recent withdrawal of aid to Gaza and has absolutely no issues with his MPs heading over there for photo ops with their fascist government, while suspending and sacking those who speak out against it.

22 minutes ago, D Angelo Barksdale said:

C'mon man. He explicitly supports the government's position on this. He was quoted as saying Israel has the right to withdraw power and water from Gaza. He also backs the recent withdrawal of aid to Gaza and has absolutely no issues with his MPs heading over there for photo ops with their fascist government, while suspending and sacking those who speak out against it.

'Israel must be subjected to the rules of international law . . . the Palestinian people must be protected' (Starmer's own words).

He has called for humanitarian pauses to allow aid and supplies to reach people in Gaza 

He has said that the people of Gaza should 'not be displaced', and that the international community needs to find a solution which enables 'dialogue' and a 'peaceful solution'.

He did get it wrong at the start, no question, but not sure what else he is meant to say in addition to the above at the moment. Yes, he could be more critical of Israeli military actions, and he should be.

Anyway...back to Nicola..

6 hours ago, Empty It said:

Voted for SNP all my days yet the c***s that still do my nut in the most are these radicals that think the SNP can do no wrong and that they're beyond criticism.

Aye, the sycophants are something else. When you lose the ability to think critically it's time to log off. Sandy and his ilk are long past that.

The party can do no wrong in his eyes. Everything is a unionist/Alba conspiracy or the evil press. Some of them genuinely believe that the SNP Government have never made a mistake. 

2 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

Only in it to gain power and his own ego....think you have described about 90% of (all politicians there).

There is something to be said for Billy Connelly's 'don't vote for them, it only encourages them' line.

I don't believe I've ever heard him call for a ceasefire. The most recent news article I can find is about a month old and he's saying he doesn't think there should be one. 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/keir-starmer-says-still-does-100345702.html

He has also u-turned (shock!) on recognising a Palestinian state.  

He's either a coward who is guided by focus groups or he is showing us the horror of a man he really is. 

12 hours ago, Jedi2 said:

A possible way back for the SNP as I see it, in terms of salvaging seats this year would be:

1. Ditch Yousaf as leader really soon, and replace him with the likes of Angus Robertson or Keith Brown. (Ideally have a 2 way contest between them)

😂

IMG_7709.gif

From hysterical indignant thatcherite yoons hurling reds we've now ended up punting for the SNP leadership.

Angus is doing a fine job in Brussels stoking our wishes for EU acceptance at the Scottish office in Brussels, and yes he would be my choice but then again is Nicola really out to pasture?

Rumours circulating that Craig Hoy, the Scottish conservative chairman, was violently sick all over his breakfast table when he read about Jason Leitch deleting messages. The rumours continued that he said, 'This is what you can expect when you let working class poor people govern'

And the scurrilous stories that Jackie Bailey is anorexic is just that, scurrilous.

Any pro brexit, pro poll tax and pro bedroom tax yoons wish to comment on the rags to riches personal wealth of tory MPJonathon Gullis?

ASK A UNIONIST

What's improved for you since 2014?

Cheaper food?

Cheaper energy?

Cheaper mortgage rates?

Cheaper rents?

Easier to travel?

Better quality foods?

Cheaper anything?

Higher international standing?

Better, fairer, journalism? 

And they will trot out the usual Covid excuse and avoid mentioning the UK has lost £140 Billion in trade since Brexit.

Edited by SandyCromarty