Rovers 🔵 v United 🟠 - top of the table clash

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

That second paragraph is spectacularly graceless and immature.

What an absolute dick.

His post-match after we’d sworded them 3-2 at Tannadice is probably the most embarrassingly disingenuous 10 minutes of TV I’ll watch all season. 

8 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

His post-match after we’d sworded them 3-2 at Tannadice is probably the most embarrassingly disingenuous 10 minutes of TV I’ll watch all season. 

His United post match is even more amusing "the lad Brown will hit that another 50 times this season and get nowhere near where he's hit it"... not sure it's particularly classy to refer to the opposition captain in those terms, but it's just funny when he's smashed one in the top corner to send you home with nothing😁

Great game to watch last night , thought Raith eased up a bit after getting their goal and aloud Utd to dictate the game a bit but still looked good on the counter , difference was the the triple substitution, was the lift Rovers needed at the right time and the winner was well worthy of winning any game , great advert for Scottish championship , no var , crunching tackles , great goals what more do you want on a Friday night 

Well done Rovers 

Edited by Kelheart

7 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Lovely stuff.

Screenshot_20240217-005254_Chrome.jpg

It is amazing just how bitter the man actually is. It is fully representative of him as a person. I suppose the issue is he knows just how big his playing budget is, and if it is over twice the size of ours (going  the recent financials) he must be under enormous pressure to win the league. It does seem that the club have gambled massively of immediate return to the Prem. Here's hoping that pressure starts to really bite.

I feel that the issues with our confidence on the ball was clear to see... i mean why keep passing it back to Kevin to kick it out when his kicking is sh*t? The team lacked the positive possession we have seen previously, but going forward we had solid chances. Hopefully we can build on this. The travelling United support was phenomenal - a true credit to the club and made the night special. 

8 hours ago, Liam899 said:

United look OK on the ball, but no standout player. No real physicality or presence. I still think they will come up though. 

Thought Raith looked poor for a lot of the game but when they did have their spells on top they were far more intense and direct and caused problems. Probably an even enough game in terms of chances created although Utd did look to have control of things for periods without doing too much.

Great game though, really enjoyed it! What a strike, and Byrne’s physicality wasn’t matched by Utd in there. Thought he had a good game before he went off. 

Some league!

I'd say that either team in the playoff final would be beat by the Premiership second bottom team.

I understand fully those of you who are in favour of a standing area but when you look at that goal and all the angles from which it's viewed, you'll never see a more brilliant sight than the Turnbull and Penman stands rising in unison to acclaim Broony's worldie. A fabulous sight to behold!
I just can't stop watching the clips over and over 😄
Yours sincerely 
Sad git. com🥹

8 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Lovely stuff.

Screenshot_20240217-005254_Chrome.jpg

Not that Rovers really need it, but that's surely got to be an extra wee bit of motivation to send a GIRFUY to Goodwin.  Get it laminated and stuck on the dressing room door! 

9 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Fucking wild scenes.  Still buzzing after that. Harsh on Utd, but fair play to Murray the subs were bang on.

That tackle on the goalie from Hamilton changed things for me.  The South Stand was as flat as I've seen in that 2nd half, however that seemed to spark us into life.

This. Game that seemed to be drifting away from us was suddenly turned into a battle in that one moment, he knew exactly what he was doing and it worked a treat. Big fan of him basically trolling the United keeper as well by grinning right in his pus after it, 😀

Dont mind that from Hamilton. Gave Raith the kick up the arse that was required. How dare teams come out and not let UTD walk away with 3 points. Having watched them again they love a long ball as much as anyone. Listening to Goodwin you would think they played peak Barca style.

also how much of a arsehole is Tony big time Watt

18 minutes ago, montheton said:

Dont mind that from Hamilton. Gave Raith the kick up the arse that was required. How dare teams come out and not let UTD walk away with 3 points. Having watched them again they love a long ball as much as anyone. Listening to Goodwin you would think they played peak Barca style.

also how much of a arsehole is Tony big time Watt

He’s genuinely up there as one of the biggest wanks in the game. 

Countless times he goes down at the slightest touch, you can see him lining it up - constantly in refs faces, involved at every incident. 

Laughed in Big Kev’s face at the equaliser like a genuine w**k. 

Hope he enjoyed his eggs this morning anyway. 

12 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

.Great to have our captain who gives his all have what will be a highlight in his career. Worldy to win in the 89th minute in front of a 8000 crowd live on TV under the lights in a table top clash. 

As great as that goal was, he will have plenty of equally good ones to choose from that were scored at Peterhead.  Tbh I can't remember him scoring any run of the mill goals.

Well done to Raith and hope you end up winning the league.  United are just so unlikable from the Manager to the players.