The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

Well it's that time of season when we start freaking as we know which playoffs we could be heading to , could be relegation playoffs  unfortunately for any of  these 4 clubs as EC confirmed down and all got too much to do to make the promotion ones , it's going no be a nerve racking run in and for me personally I hope (with no disrespect) that late goal for Montrose is the gut punch that halts and throws off Annan off their stride , too close to call all capable of beating each other just hope the nerves can take it 

Personally with what I've seen from all the teams and even though we just won 5-0 against them I think Kelty will be fine looking at their squad I think they have the best out of the 4. Annan look on the up and I think they might just about manage to stay up. For me with what I've seen this season I think it will either be QOTS or Stirling. QOTS seem to be a complete disaster so if I had to predict I would go for them (saying that at the start of the season I predicted QOTS to win the league and we've seen how that's went so now I'm saying this QOTS will probably win all their remaining games)

Too close to call this. One thing I would say about Stirling is that in the final quarter they've already played both Falkirk and Hamilton. 

All four sides have some decent players. Annans form is best of the four but they still have points to catch up .

Of the managers Marvin Bartley definitely getting the worst out of his squad and that might be a factor (only 1 win in ten is a horrific stat).

I think a lot of it might come down to timing when each team plays others ie if teams rest players for promotion play offs or the likes of cove are in mid table with nothing to play for, Falkirk have won the league, Edinburgh already down etc 

It's going to be interesting 

Going to have to back my lads here and say I think we’ll be fine. We’ve quite possibly got the most favourable of the remaining fixtures and I also don’t believe we have the worst team of those mentioned and I’m going to predict that 2 of those mentioned finish below us.

It sounds like we let our standard drop this Saturday, but in general we have a squad that are playing for each other and are putting their bodies on the line to grind out results, I’m not sure the others can say they are doing that as much as we are. We’ve also got the best defensive record, so in general, we don’t give much away but sadly, we don’t score much either….which has been a concern for most of the season, but we do have a whole host of players that are more than capable of popping up to bag the 1 or 2 that we need.

It’s gonna be interesting, but I predicted Annan 9th at the start of the season and Kelty 8th and I’m going to stick with that, as I trust Darren Young and these group of players to see the job out.

Asked on our chat after the Stirling game a couple of weeks ago "Does anyone truly believe we're finishing higher than 9th?". Shows where I'm at. Looking at the fixtures I'm struggling to see where we get a win. We still have Kelty and Embra to play but our record against the former is truly abysmal (I'm not sure we've actually beat them yet?) and we couldn't get past the latter the last time. With them already being relegated I actually expect it to be a tougher game. 

We never do well against Alloa or Hamilton so that's a defeat next weekend and the one after, Stirling will likely wipe the floor with us on their patch and if Montrose need a win on the final day there's not a chance we'll go there and win. The only realistic 3 points I can see is at home to Cove and it's purely because we've someone managed to do well against them. But that was up there. On our own patch we're far worse and Cove will fancy it. 

The sad reality is we need Annan to completely capitulate (which they won't) as we're not picking up many points between now and the end of the season. If we're not 9th by this time next week I'll be gobsmacked in all honesty. 

Annan will be safe. They're peaking at the right time. QOS are probably the poorest team we have played this season (besides Edinburgh). Kelty are difficult to get a handle on. So I'll go with 9. Albion 8. QOS 7. Kelty. 6. Annan

Bino's will be staying up...have faith 

Who goes into the playoffs, no preference...although a trip to Annan earlier on in the season cost me a puncture, plus it's always raining & Willie Gibson is a clownshoe...so that's swung it for me, i hope it's Annan that finish in the playoffs 

I think it’s going to be Annan or QOTS that will end in the playoff. However, the playoff league 2 teams aren’t great. Dumbo on their day is probably the most dangerous however they are very, very inconsistent. Spartans are the most consistent, but a decent team would beat them. Peterhead would be a hard game away, but if you kept it tight in the away leg you could easily beat them in the home leg.

I think the playoff will look like

1. Stenny (promotion)
  2. Spartans
  3. Peterhead
  4. Dumbo

We've won 8 games all year. Annan X3, Edinburgh X2, Cove Away x2 and a freak result away at Montrose.

The only reason Queens aren't already adrift in the playoff spot is because we were beating Annan and Edinburgh.

Now that's stopped I can't see where we pick up any more points. Edinburgh at home maybe but everyone else has them too so that all cancels out.

I'd be astonished if we aren't ninth after our next two games. And our record against Kelty as noted is dreadful.

Only hope is we can get rid of Bartley before the playoffs.

4 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

Only hope is we can get rid of Bartley before the playoffs.

He'll walk at that point. His ego wont want a relegation on his CV. 

The way things are going I think its safe to say we will feature in the playoffs.  Annan have come in to a bit of form whereas we are in freefall with a clown at the helm. Stirling and Kelty I think  have enough about them to finish above us.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's exactly what he will do. Always amused me when managers get out just before a relegation, especially in this case where he'd leave us with just a play-off to survive.

What does the manager say in his next interview? What possible positive spin can you put on being in charge for 36 games of such relentless under-performance? I've no idea but no doubt Marvin will try to blame it on anything but his ineptitude.

The worst FT team that there has ever been. That is the Bartley legacy whether he's here for the playoff or not. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Both Marvin Bartley and Jim Duffy are imposters, but I guarantee they will have another job in a few years as the same managers just get multiple shots, even when complete failures. I get a headache listening to them on the radio so I wonder what their team talks are like.

8 minutes ago, DoonhamerDon said:

That's exactly what he will do. Always amused me when managers get out just before a relegation, especially in this case where he'd leave us with just a play-off to survive.

What does the manager say in his next interview? What possible positive spin can you put on being in charge for 36 games of such relentless under-performance? I've no idea but no doubt Marvin will try to blame it on anything but his ineptitude.

The worst FT team that there has ever been. That is the Bartley legacy whether he's here for the playoff or not. 

As I've said on another thread, I can't really see Bartley walking.

He'll stay in post I reckon until either his lengthy contract expires, or the patience of those in charge of it.

Hope this makes sense, last 6 form guide and remaining fixtures. I think there will be a few freak results and Stirling might have the slightly "easier" fixtures.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 190253.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 190354.png

Edited by SA45

32 minutes ago, SA45 said:

Hope this makes sense, last 6 form guide and remaining fixtures. I think there will be a few freak results and Stirling might have the slightly "easier" fixtures.

Screenshot 2024-03-17 190253.png

Screenshot 2024-03-17 190354.png

Makes sense 

However at this stage of the season no result is guaranteed, & it's not played on paper...

I just hope my team have a good week training & a clear the air after yesterday at NDP horror show 

Maker's of our own destiny, it's in our own hands, own it, fight for it & believe in it...C'mon the bino's 🇵🇪

Never realised Kelty were in such a bad way tbh. Been too busy looking below us that I hadn't noticed Kelty and Stirling were as close to us. Kelty will likely beat us when we face each other so that might be enough to keep them safe.