The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

Nothing better than a last minute winner today 

Never looked like losing the game, solid at the back against a poor Montrose team,, 

We were still very passive,,gave the ball away cheaply at times, Montrose gave it back cheaper though,, great goal to win it 👏 

Other results were going against us but in the end no ground lost, Kelty just coming back to join us all again,, they must have missed us for those 4 days 🤣🤣

6 left to go 

Squeek Squeek 

A quick look at remaining fixtures I'd say Kelty will be ok. They'll get back to winning ways against Edinburgh next week. They will also have a Falkirk already on their holidays to play plus a guaranteed 3 points last day against a rested/cotton-wooled playoff Hamilton. 

5 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

A quick look at remaining fixtures I'd say Kelty will be ok. They'll get back to winning ways against Edinburgh next week. They will also have a Falkirk already on their holidays to play plus a guaranteed 3 points last day against a rested/cotton-wooled playoff Hamilton. 

There's no danger Falkirk are taking their foot off the pedal if they remain unbeaten. 

6 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Falkirk are looking to go the entire season unbeaten so hardly likely to be  in holiday mode.

4 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

Games ain't played on paper though....played on plastic & grass 

Nobody is safe, i quite like the look of our fixtures too... but it comes down to bottle, fight & desire...90+ minute's from 1st to last whistle,, the table won't lie in the end...I think we are all capable of a result on our day...today just proved it 

That's a good point about Falkirk. I was thinking purely of they'll have title wrapped up and won't have the same impetus but yeah, if they're trying for an unbeaten title then that's good from a Queens view seeing as they've still to play Kelty and Annan. If they do lose that record then it changes to a game you'd rather have. 

I see Edinburgh have still to play all 4 sides in this thread fighting to get out of the relegation play offs.

Having watched them yesterday I think they may surprise some teams between now and the end of the season and possibly take points. They were a wee bit naive at times but retained possession well, played some pretty good football and had a go (appreciate they have nothing to lose now). They had a few decent chances in the first half in particular. 6 shots on target, which is more than most at TFS. They have 2 or 3 really big guys in the side that will cause problems at set pieces. By all accounts in recent weeks they've been a bit unlucky, but they'll learn quickly. Some good loan players in that side. Wouldn't bank on this fixture meaning 3 points.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

59 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I see Edinburgh have still to play all 4 sides in this thread fighting to get out of the relegation play offs.

Having watched them yesterday I think they may surprise some teams between now and the end of the season and possibly take points. They were a wee bit naive at times but retained possession well, played some pretty good football and had a go (appreciate they have nothing to lose now). They had a few decent chances in the first half in particular. 6 shots on target, which is more than most at TFS. They have 2 or 3 really big guys in the side that will cause problems at set pieces. By all accounts in recent weeks they've been a bit unlucky, but they'll learn quickly. Some good loan players in that side. Wouldn't bank on this fixture meaning 3 points.

Agreed on this. They ran us close last time & worked their socks off. I'll be happy if we can close out Saturday with a decent win against them & hopefully they'll then nick points off others.

Still think Queens are favourites for 9th we still look really fragile.

The other sides are all hitting form all have more experience than us .

We won at Allloa but it could have gone either way we still are weak at the back .

When the going gets tough we have players who disappear I just can't see us getting a late goal to win games  or holding on to a win.

I'm still quietly confident. We've laboured a little bit but I think we've got enough resilience and determination to finish the job.

It's getting really interesting though. Yesterday's win was so valuable both for the two extra points and for confidence going into the final games.

The worry for us is so many games against the rest. Lose any of those and its doubly bad.

I didn't see the results all going that way yesterday and I'm sure there will be more surprises before the end of the season.

24 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

The worry for us is so many games against the rest. Lose any of those and its doubly bad.

Although I get this fear, I look at it as a positive. We know what we need to do, win those games and we’re alright. Would honestly take this over playing teams that are pushing for a top 2-4 spot. After the Cove and Alloa game, it really is in our hands.

In our hands is good and even better is still to see the spirit from last season still alive.

I can't see us losing a must win at home either.

I'm feeling much more optimistic than last Sunday. Last week's performance was miserable.

A draw next week would be a good result

I have no complaints about our fixtures on the run in...I wouldn't swap them for anyone else's 

I think that we are good enough to get the points needed, especially at home,, we are hard to beat when we dig in...Pab's is a rock at the back...our destiny is in our own hands, we can't ask for any more than that, self belief & desire will be our biggest strength,,I'm confident that we will be ok at the final whistle on the final day 

Queens toughest game (aye OK, all games are tough for us just now ...) of the run in is our next up at Accies - we never, ever take anything against Accies and so we should safely secure the square root of sweet FA on Saturday without too much trouble.  After that though we should have a chance to take something from each of the remaining 5 games (and we will need to), although Albion away is probably very unlikely.

Think Edinburgh could cause mayhem on the run in as every game is a free hit to them and they'll be playing under no pressure whatsoever.

if we can't take something from our remaining home games and can't manage to beat Edinburgh City then we deserve ninth place. i agree they look a bit better but if you have ambitions of staying in this league then beating the bottom team who have nothing to play for is the bare minimum to expect. 

All of these games are going to be difficult. that's what you expect at this time of the season with everything to play for. I hope that last season's experience helps. they handled the run in extremely well last season. when the pressure was on, we were the team that buckled least.