The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

3 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

positivity v negativity. The fans.

It must be great being a FK fan this season. Turning up for every game, wondering  how many your team is going to score. Stirling had a similar experience last season. When teams  at the wrong end of the league it can be difficult being upbeat. Any negative comments, lie if necessary, can be repeated by some bampot in the stand. DY will be looking at points from the next game rather than remaining games.

In short the home crowd can push us over the line.

infinite diversity in infinite combinations — Phlox Smiling in Broken Bow  (1.01)

Thought id hold off until after today seeing as we played all four of the runners and riders over consecutive games!

After today, we are left with:

6. Kelty - 40 pts (-11 goal diff) – Stirling (H), Falkirk (A), Montrose (H) & Hamilton (A)

7. QoS – 34 (-10) – Edinburgh (H), Stirling (A), Cove (H), Montrose (A)

8. Stirling – 34 (-20) – Kelty (A), QoS (H), Edinburgh (A), Annan (H)

9. Annan – 31 (-16) – Cove (H), Edinburgh (A), Falkirk (H), Stirling (A)

Got to feel that today's result has pretty much taken Kelty out of the race. Ironically, after the 3-0 game at the Recs I feared Kelty could be in a lot of trouble but they were like a completely different team when they deservedly beat us at New Central Park just 10 days later.

For the remaining 3, its still going to be a tough ask for Annan doing the chasing (and with Falkirk still to play) but Stirling just seem to have drifted slowly in to trouble since Darren Young extended his contract. The Binos have the 'better' fixtures on paper with having to play the lowest ranked teams but that could be an issue as it makes them all '6 pointers' - conversely, any wins will mark a significant step towards avoiding the playoffs. That final day fixture at Forthbank is looking a potential blockbuster.

Fancy QoS to be fine despite today's result, but not really sure why to be honest, seeing they have been dreadful this season. I think a win next week would be a big step towards safety.

For what it's worth, i'll go for it finishing:

6. Kelty – 44

7. QoS – 40

8. Annan – 38

9. Stirling – 37

(Think we will only see one up from league 2 this year though)

Think we should be safe now after a good win today.

Tidser should have the boys push on & best Stirling next week before a couple of tough games after that against the runaway Falkirk & tail chasing Hamilton.

Based on the form table over the last 6 and 10 games (so this one covers every team in the league) points per game (PPG) picked up is as follows:-

Annan - 6 Games - 1.5 PPG, 10 Games - 1.5 PPG

Stirling - 6 Games - 0.7 PPG, 10 Games - 0.8 PPG

QoS - 6 Games - 0.8 PPG, 10 Games - 0.7 PPG

The form is surprisingly consistent for the 3 teams over 6 and 10 games. If you gross this up for the remaining 4 games, all 3 teams would finish on 37 points. Appreciate 4 games is a small sample size and can easily now be skewed with 1 win, nonetheless makes interesting reading.

Queens goal difference is by far the best at -10, Annan -16 and Stirling -20. It's so close this might well come into play, and that last game at Forthbank between Stirling and Annan looks like it could be important. As will the game between Queens and Stirling. Annan have still to play Falkirk, but they took a point off us at TFS so this is not a given on their form.

How important will form be, will it be replicated in the last 4 games? Annan have lost only 3 of their last 10 (mid table form), Queens have lost 5 of their last 10, Stirling have lost 6 of their last 10 (both relegation play off form). It might depend on who has something to play for i.e. Cove and Montrose may still need points for the play offs (or conversely may be resting players if already qualified) and have still to play Queens (Cove and Montrose) and Annan (Cove).

All 3 teams have 2 home games and 2 away games to play. All 3 have Edinburgh still to play, however, I still think Edinburgh will take points off one of the 3 teams, if not more.

Stirlings run in

Kelty v stirling 

Stirling v qos 

Edinburgh v stirling 

Stirling v annan

Some end to season,  4 cup finals 

Last game of season could be interesting 

Queens last 4 games.

QoS v Edinburgh

Stirling v QoS

QoS v Cove

Montrose v QoS

With Bartley in charge and our awful home form I honestly can't see us picking up another point. Embro will fancy their chances. Young will get Stirling up for a fight and Cove and Montrose will be battling to get into the playoffs.

Edited by bod

16 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

(Think we will only see one up from league 2 this year though)

If Queens finish 9th then there is no way this absolute shower is winning the doon playoffs, so it'll be 2 up from L2 in that instance.

2 hours ago, bod said:

Queens last 4 games.

QoS v Edinburgh

Stirling v QoS

QoS v Cove

Montrose v QoS

With Bartley in charge and our awful home form I honestly can't see us picking up another point. Embro will fancy their chances. Young will get Stirling up for a fight and Cove and Montrose will be battling to get into the playoffs.

100% this 

3 hours ago, bod said:

Queens last 4 games.

QoS v Edinburgh

Stirling v QoS

QoS v Cove

Montrose v QoS

If only we could forfeit home advantage I'd be more confident. Don't know what it is about Palmesrton that affects the players, the old surface used to get a bit of blame for performances, even though it didn't seem to affect visiting teams so much, they can't use that excuse  now with a new carpet down. Maybe it's pressure from home fans, dwindling crowds should ease that problem too.

4 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If only we could forfeit home advantage I'd be more confident. Don't know what it is about Palmesrton that affects the players, the old surface used to get a bit of blame for performances, even though it didn't seem to affect visiting teams so much, they can't use that excuse  now with a new carpet down. Maybe it's pressure from home fans, dwindling crowds should ease that problem too.

Been thinking about this. Our away form is smack bang in the middle of the table but the home form is absolutely shocking. I can't figure it out either. The pitch is like a carpet now and as much as our home support is hardly great for fully backing the side it's nowhere near a toxic environment either. We're a very moany crowd but given the performances and our predicament these players/manager would be getting absolute dogs abuse at certain other grounds. 

19 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Been thinking about this. Our away form is smack bang in the middle of the table but the home form is absolutely shocking. I can't figure it out either. The pitch is like a carpet now and as much as our home support is hardly great for fully backing the side it's nowhere near a toxic environment either. We're a very moany crowd but given the performances and our predicament these players/manager would be getting absolute dogs abuse at certain other grounds. 

It's not as if poor home form is a one or two season problem it seems to have been like this for quite a few seasons, although this is probably the worst by a good margin I would guess.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's not as if poor home form is a one or two season problem it seems to have been like this for quite a few seasons, although this is probably the worst by a good margin I would guess.

Indeed. As you say, the pitch was used as an excuse (though it was as shite for both sides) but we can't use that now. And given only Stirling have grass we can't blame plastic. It's not as if our away form is tremendous but it must be quite rare for a side to be better away from home for so long. 

7 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

How important will form be, will it be replicated in the last 4 games? Annan have lost only 3 of their last 10 (mid table form), Queens have lost 5 of their last 10, Stirling have lost 6 of their last 10 (both relegation play off form). It might depend on who has something to play for i.e. Cove and Montrose may still need points for the play offs (or conversely may be resting players if already qualified) and have still to play Queens (Cove and Montrose) and Annan (Cove).

This makes the assumption that Cove has enough players to even rest other players.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The pitch is like a carpet now and as much as our home support is hardly great for fully backing the side it's nowhere near a toxic environment either. We're a very moany crowd but given the performances and our predicament these players/manager would be getting absolute dogs abuse at certain other grounds. 

Yes, very much this.

We're not a militant or rebellious crowd at all.  When it's this bad, we don't revolt, we just dwindle.  As you say, the environment is not remotely toxic. There's really no logical reason at all that explains why it's been so bad at home for so long. 

The plastic pitch argument (new or old condition) just doesn't work for me.  It never seems to hinder our opponents who usually beat us on it.  We should be used to it, plus (I think) the pitches up at Hamilton Palace where we train are probably plastic too.

Edit - I think the real reason is that we are just serially shite and have been for a number of seasons now.

Edited by Otis Blue

After seeing all four in the past month playing against my team Alloa, Stirling Albion are currently the weakest for me and will struggle in a play off. 

Really hope they stay up as it's great having a proper derby game for Alloa against Albion but they are currently really poor and I worry for them. Annan were by far the best team to play against us in the past month. Our own form has been poor before yesterday but I was impressed with Annans front two strikers and I think they will fire them to safety