The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Feels like someone says this every year, I suppose eventually it will come true. Out of interest, how much of Peterhead, Dumbarton or Spartans have you seen this year?

I haven't seen any of Peterhead, Dumbarton or Spartans but if Queens finish 9th then it's 2 up from L2, simples regardless. Our only hope is scraping into 8th somehow.

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

I haven't seen any of Peterhead, Dumbarton or Spartans but if Queens finish 9th then it's 2 up from L2, simples regardless. Our only hope is scraping into 8th somehow.

I know very little of the teams involved from League 1 aside from watching weekly highlights and reading threads on here, and as a Sons fan I tend to agree with you that Queens would be a favourable one to fall into the play offs. Queens would be under so much pressure and I think that would come across in the support as well, taking charge of the game at Palmerston could see things turn nasty. I see Stirling and Annan as having much greater backing from their supports and a bit more fight about their teams as they seem united behind their respective managers. I still think every team is beatable so I'm not overly fussed who is there. All that said I still think our manager is a donkey and we won't get promoted but I do think there won't be much between the sides involved. 

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I know very little of the teams involved from League 1 aside from watching weekly highlights and reading threads on here, and as a Sons fan I tend to agree with you that Queens would be a favourable one to fall into the play offs. Queens would be under so much pressure and I think that would come across in the support as well, taking charge of the game at Palmerston could see things turn nasty. I see Stirling and Annan as having much greater backing from their supports and a bit more fight about their teams as they seem united behind their respective managers. I still think every team is beatable so I'm not overly fussed who is there. All that said I still think our manager is a donkey and we won't get promoted but I do think there won't be much between the sides involved. 

Wouldn't happen tbh (not that I'm condoning it either). It's the worst I can ever recall us being and Palmerston hasn't been toxic at all. We boo a bit but that's it. We're at the stage where getting beat at home in the playoffs would be expected so I doubt the atmosphere would change at all tbh. 

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wouldn't happen tbh (not that I'm condoning it either). It's the worst I can ever recall us being and Palmerston hasn't been toxic at all. We boo a bit but that's it. We're at the stage where getting beat at home in the playoffs would be expected so I doubt the atmosphere would change at all tbh. 

Perhaps nasty is the wrong word but I just mean going a goal up would probably bring the boos out. I don't see Annan or Stirling fans getting on their teams backs as much in that scenario.

Yep, we've been woeful for a few seasons now such that the ever dwindling support (sub 1,000 now) has been conditioned to expect failure as a matter of course. Things won't turn nasty ... there's not enough of us left to do so.

There's been a distinct feeling of lethargy and a clear couldn't care less attitude seeping through Palmerston for at least a couple of seasons now, starting from Boardroom level and working it's way down to almost all parts of the Club, it's little wonder it's spread to the supporters who can see things crumbling, sometimes literally, around them. The football's a shambles, the ground is falling into decay and the leaders are about to wash their hands of it and walk away. As has been said, our fans don't really do revolt they just stop attending,   but the powers that be don't seem to give a toss about that either, it'll be someone else's problem to fix.

On 09/04/2024 at 17:10, Quentin Taranbino said:

I'm very surprised at the amount of Binos fans on here and on social media that seem confident of us avoiding the drop. I wish I had their confidence.

The confidence seems to come from our set of fixtures but we have Edinburgh (who everyone has), Queens and Annan games will be far from easy as fighting for same thing as us.

That leaves Kelty on Saturday, we gubbed them previously but they are so inconsistent you never know what to get from them and I believe a point for them mathematically secures their place so they will be going all out too you would think.

I would say on paper, especially after that gutless humping at home by Alloa, that we are the favourites for 9th.

We will lose to Kelty obviously 

But should take 7 of last 9

And if don't,  don't deserve to stay up anyway 

Will definitely lose a play off 

2 hours ago, Binos said:

We will lose to Kelty obviously 

But should take 7 of last 9

And if don't,  don't deserve to stay up anyway 

Will definitely lose a play off 

We will lose to Kelty obviously 🙄 no point in us turning up then according to you,, save our leg's for the 7 out of 9 points to follow & if not we are doomed because we will definitely lose the play off 🙄

Great motivational speaker 👏

You've been mixing with QOS fans i think with all that negativity 

Bino's will be staying up, have a bit of faith 💪 🇵🇪

Massive game for us at home to Edinburgh this weekend. 

Drop points (certainly possible - we managed it at Meadowbank) and I can't see us avoiding 9th with Annan and Stirling also playing Edinburgh

However, win and we could probably sneak over the line with another draw from somewhere

In fact if Annan lose to Cove this weekend, we should probably negotiate a "Disgrace of Forthbank" type 0-0 draw with Stirling for next weekend that could likely leave us both safe by the last day. 

1 hour ago, DoonhamerDon said:

In fact if Annan lose to Cove this weekend, we should probably negotiate a "Disgrace of Forthbank" type 0-0 draw with Stirling for next weekend that could likely leave us both safe by the last day. 

At this moment in time, I would take that and would be all for it......surely there's some kind of Stirling and QoS connection somewhere..........

57 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

At this moment in time, I would take that and would be all for it......surely there's some kind of Stirling and QoS connection somewhere.......

Will need to see how the weekend results go but could be on for the George Rowe Celebratory Stitch-Up 👍

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

At this moment in time, I would take that and would be all for it......surely there's some kind of Stirling and QoS connection somewhere..........

Dunno about Stirling and QOS connections, but there is a tenuous Stirling and Dumfries connection ... a certain Robert The Bruce killed his rival to the throne of Scotland, John (The Red) Comyn at Greyfriars Church in Dumfries ...

26 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Dunno about Stirling and QOS connections, but there is a tenuous Stirling and Dumfries connection ... a certain Robert The Bruce killed his rival to the throne of Scotland, John (The Red) Comyn at Greyfriars Church in Dumfries ...

there used to be a pub called the Red Comyn Inn in Dunblane. was the underagers favourite haunt. had no idea where the name came from. Everyday is a school day......even on P&B

7 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

there used to be a pub called the Red Comyn Inn in Dunblane. was the underagers favourite haunt. had no idea where the name came from. Everyday is a school day......even on P&B

I love it sometimes when the P&B threads take off on interesting tangents ... especially when the fitba is really crap ... like it is now at QOS ...

9 minutes ago, Artemis said:

Queens played a home game against Ross County at Forthbank in April 2011.

I wish we played all our home games at Forthbank. 

On 10/04/2024 at 21:51, Beepee67 said:

We will lose to Kelty obviously 🙄 no point in us turning up then according to you,, save our leg's for the 7 out of 9 points to follow & if not we are doomed because we will definitely lose the play off 🙄

Great motivational speaker 👏

You've been mixing with QOS fans i think with all that negativity 

Bino's will be staying up, have a bit of faith 💪 🇵🇪

My take on the above was optimistic 

What's yours,  12 points 

21 minutes ago, Binos said:

My take on the above was optimistic 

What's yours,  12 points 

I'm certainly not dismissal of our chances today...I'd never predict that we are going to lose,,that's defeatist attitude...

It's 1 game at a time..never look to far ahead...I'm not being arrogant...i still believe that we will stay up 👌

13 minutes ago, Beepee67 said:

I'd never predict that we are going to lose,,that's a defeatist attitude.

I hate to break it to you, but your attitude won't actually impact on how the team performs.

2 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I hate to break it to you, but your attitude won't actually impact on how the team performs.

Thanks for that 

I'd still rather have a positive attitude rather than a negative one