The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Been thinking about this. Our away form is smack bang in the middle of the table but the home form is absolutely shocking. I can't figure it out either. The pitch is like a carpet now and as much as our home support is hardly great for fully backing the side it's nowhere near a toxic environment either. We're a very moany crowd but given the performances and our predicament these players/manager would be getting absolute dogs abuse at certain other grounds. 

I sat in the Main Stand when we beat you guys 2-0 not so long ago and the fans were very restrained, maybe even resigned to what they were watching.

If that was the Accies home crowd,those there would have been going bonkers and I say that as I remember our fans going bonkers when the Old Firm scored against us at home with the then Managers Canning then Rice getting pelters.

20 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's not as if poor home form is a one or two season problem it seems to have been like this for quite a few seasons, although this is probably the worst by a good margin I would guess.

1.1 ppg at Palmerston for the last 5 seasons

And yes this seasons 12pts from 16 games is the worst

I'm really hoping we are out of it now and can start looking to next season (closer to promotion playoffs than relegation ones now in this metal league ) but for what it's worth I reckon whoever 9th place may be will be too strong in the playoffs from what I've seen this season 

17 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Dumfries & Galloway people or Borders people are very restrained and subdued.

Who else votes Torry.

Not a bad thing  (restrained that is , f___ the Torries) but far too easy going sometime.

Is that why they play in blue?

I'm very surprised at the amount of Binos fans on here and on social media that seem confident of us avoiding the drop. I wish I had their confidence.

The confidence seems to come from our set of fixtures but we have Edinburgh (who everyone has), Queens and Annan games will be far from easy as fighting for same thing as us.

That leaves Kelty on Saturday, we gubbed them previously but they are so inconsistent you never know what to get from them and I believe a point for them mathematically secures their place so they will be going all out too you would think.

I would say on paper, especially after that gutless humping at home by Alloa, that we are the favourites for 9th.

16 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I'm very surprised at the amount of Binos fans on here and on social media that seem confident of us avoiding the drop. I wish I had their confidence.

The confidence seems to come from our set of fixtures but we have Edinburgh (who everyone has), Queens and Annan games will be far from easy as fighting for same thing as us.

That leaves Kelty on Saturday, we gubbed them previously but they are so inconsistent you never know what to get from them and I believe a point for them mathematically secures their place so they will be going all out too you would think.

I would say on paper, especially after that gutless humping at home by Alloa, that we are the favourites for 9th.

Aye, the confidence of some of your supporters on here has been quite 'interesting'. I suppose it's good to have faith in your manager/side (something not one QoS fan has) but I don't think any of Annan, Stirling or QoS are in a position to feel so confident about surviving tbh. 

As a QoS fan and a neutral I'm really hoping it goes down to the last game between Stirling and Annan. I know Stirling absolutely don't want that but it would surely mean a packed out Forthbank? 

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye, the confidence of some of your supporters on here has been quite 'interesting'. I suppose it's good to have faith in your manager/side (something not one QoS fan has) but I don't think any of Annan, Stirling or QoS are in a position to feel so confident about surviving tbh. 

As a QoS fan and a neutral I'm really hoping it goes down to the last game between Stirling and Annan. I know Stirling absolutely don't want that but it would surely mean a packed out Forthbank? 

Are you taking the piss?

Your Covid game plan: Are stadiums safe? – Georgia Health News

Dortmund: 40 million fans and countless stories | Bundesliga

Edited by Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Are you taking the piss?

Dortmund: 40 million fans and countless stories | Bundesliga

Are you lot fitted with some kind of beacon receiver for when Crowds are being discussed?...

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are you lot fitted with some kind of beacon receiver for when Crowds are being discussed?...

Given how massive we are, it's hardly a surprise that our fans are popping up all over the place

12 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Are you taking the piss?

Wow ... I've still to visit Forthbank, looks amazing mind ... though I'd imagine the view from that upper tier behind the goal might leave a bit to be desired. aye?

On 06/04/2024 at 18:27, Kevchenko said:

(Think we will only see one up from league 2 this year though)

Feels like someone says this every year, I suppose eventually it will come true. Out of interest, how much of Peterhead, Dumbarton or Spartans have you seen this year?

14 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I also have faith in Darren Young as our manager and would happily stick with him whichever league we end up in next season, but confidence is through the floor you have to think. The number of individual errors (especially catastrophic ones) is mental at the moment and to to suddenly turn that round needs something really special.

Goal difference could very well be decider and we have absolutely fucked it on Saturday. We don't just need to beat Edinburgh, we need to be going out to batter them. We claw back that goal difference on Annan and it's an extra point.

No chance Forthbank is packed out for final game if its a decider. More fans than usual absolutely but probably only a few hundred. Last home game vs Annan had a crowd of 781, I imagine this one would have 1000 - 1200

5 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I also have faith in Darren Young as our manager and would happily stick with him whichever league we end up in next season, but confidence is through the floor you have to think. The number of individual errors (especially catastrophic ones) is mental at the moment and to to suddenly turn that round needs something really special.

100% agree with the line that I highlighted above. Regardless of what happens, I don't think the change should be the manager. There were rumblings that he was working with exactly the same budget as last season, so if this is true, then I am assuming it's one of the lowest in the league and as I posted a few months ago, by and large, the signings he has made have been positive and he has brought a squad together that seem to be playing for him. Where Darren is at fault, and I posted this in the Alloa match thread, is that I do think he has been overly loyal to a number of players who have simply not hit the heights regularly enough this season.

I think we're a squad that is just running out of steam, it's a long hard season and we're not one that is blessed with goals, so we are relying on hard work and putting in a "guts and snot" performance every week. We saw a lot of that in the first 2 or 3 quarters of the season, but we are now in a position where we are not now. It's not down to attitude, I think it's simply down to just running on empty and that kind of thing only takes you so far.

4 games to go, I still think we are safe if we win 2 of them. Beat Edinburgh and beat either QoS and Annan and we'll have done it ourselves, if not then we are relying on other teams doing it for us. I would still rather be in our position than Annan's and I still have faith that this squad can put in 2 big performances to get us over the line, however I'd be telling fibs if I said I wasn't worried. If we do go into the Play Off then I definitely think we are done for.

3 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

100% agree with the line that I highlighted above. Regardless of what happens, I don't think the change should be the manager. There were rumblings that he was working with exactly the same budget as last season, so if this is true, then I am assuming it's one of the lowest in the league and as I posted a few months ago, by and large, the signings he has made have been positive and he has brought a squad together that seem to be playing for him. Where Darren is at fault, and I posted this in the Alloa match thread, is that I do think he has been overly loyal to a number of players who have simply not hit the heights regularly enough this season.

I think we're a squad that is just running out of steam, it's a long hard season and we're not one that is blessed with goals, so we are relying on hard work and putting in a "guts and snot" performance every week. We saw a lot of that in the first 2 or 3 quarters of the season, but we are now in a position where we are not now. It's not down to attitude, I think it's simply down to just running on empty and that kind of thing only takes you so far.

4 games to go, I still think we are safe if we win 2 of them. Beat Edinburgh and beat either QoS and Annan and we'll have done it ourselves, if not then we are relying on other teams doing it for us. I would still rather be in our position than Annan's and I still have faith that this squad can put in 2 big performances to get us over the line, however I'd be telling fibs if I said I wasn't worried. If we do go into the Play Off then I definitely think we are done for.

Sensible post.

I've seen you guys in the flesh 4 times this season and it was very much a case of being tough to beat at Forthbank, however, set up for damage limitation away from home at TFS. At home on the grass you are a different more difficult proposition, however, lately this seems to be changing and the explanation you give about running on empty this late in the season makes sense.

I too, like a few of the above posters have said, have been surprised about how confident most of the Binos on here have been about avoiding 9th, especially given how poor your form has been of late. There also seems to be no appreciation or recognition of how good Annans form has been. Other clubs fans (esp QoS have been more realistically concerned). I also, at the risk of repeating myself, think everyone is underestimating Edinburgh (not saying you have here) they are better than their form suggests and with nothing to play for are playing with a freedom.

I think DY has done a great job and I'm hoping that Stirling (and Queens) avoid 9th, as I like both clubs.

Saturday was a massive knock to the confidence but i still think we've got enough to stay up. 

I'm sure there's still two wins in that side and that should be enough i reckon. 

I'm not for a manager change either but i hope a lot has been learned from this season. I worried about the level of talent in the squad and the depth of it before the season. sadly most of the my main worries have come to pass. a slow defence that's not really good enough, no cover at full back and a lack of proper central midfield options. We've tried to play much the same way as last season but we dominate the ball less and have to defend more which against better players has proved too much too many times.

the ones that i find gutting are the games we've dominated at home and ended up drawing. We've played some decent stuff at home at times but failed to turn the advantage into goals. 

other than Annan who always seem to give us problems, the other 3 games are against teams we've had some success against this season. 

I'd love to see Forthbank packed for the remaining home games but think that's a pipedream.