The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

17 hours ago, the philosopher said:

6 games to go or 18 points.

Annan doing the chasing wi Queens only 3 points ahead & Sirling & Kelty 4.

From an Annan perspective we only gained 11 points in the 1st half of the season ( 3 in qtr.2) ,started to come back with 12 points in the next quarter & now 7 points already in the run in.

Past form counts for nothing but current form and momentum does - nice for us still to play 3 of the full time teams at home.Hopefully Falkirk are in holiday mode the time we play them in our last home game but I can see our last away game to Stirling being a decider for 9th.spot.

Normally I don't give much hope for that team in play offs but this year I think 9th.spot will be too much for any League 2 team BUT - 2leg Cup tie who would know 

Perhaps...maybe...hopefully...please lay down to us.... 1st 2nd 3rd quarter adds up to the points on the table now... so the league speaks for itself...I like your optimism & of course your opinion 

As supporters of our own team's & the remaining fixtures I'm happy with our position being 4 points clear of 9th... we control our own destiny & I'm happy with that... I see enough in our squad to keep us above 9th which was our aim at the start of the season... who ends up in the playoff spot I'm not really sure.. but I'm comfortable in my belief it won't be us 

On 25/03/2024 at 17:18, WattersIsGod said:

Nah i don't think so. I think it will be tight but we can do enough. For all that Annan have found a bit of form they still have ground to make up.

Think we need to win 2 out of the 3 remaining home games and pick up another 3 or 4 points away. If we can't win away at Edinburgh then we deserve all we get.

If we do that it means Annan need 14 points out of 18 which seems unlikely.

All in our hands.

You have the worst fixture against Edinburgh, last home league 1 fixture with nothing to play for

I don't disagree it's tough but you just have to go and dig in and win it.

You either thrive under the pressure of needing the result or you crumble.

This time of year is as much a test of mental toughness as it is of footballing skill.

15 hours ago, Carmel Wafer said:

You have the worst fixture against Edinburgh, last home league 1 fixture with nothing to play for

The worst last home league game against ECFC then we have Annan at Forthbank....I'm delighted with that...couldn't have asked for a better 2 games to finish with... bino's are staying up 👍

14 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

This time of year is as much a test of mental toughness as it is of footballing skill.

That's QoS knackered then, we have very little of either qualities. 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

The worst last home league game against ECFC then we have Annan at Forthbank....I'm delighted with that...couldn't have asked for a better 2 games to finish with... bino's are staying up 👍

If Annan are still alive, that sounds like a terrifying closing fixture.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If Annan are still alive, that sounds like a terrifying closing fixture.

That's still an if 

Currently 4 points clear of the play off spot with 6 games to go 

Terrifying for some maybe, but not me 

Delighted with our fixtures remaining, wouldn't swap them 

We might be playing them to help you on the last day, i feel we will be safe by then 

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

That's QoS knackered then, we have very little of either qualities. 

That is my worry Queens have nice players but when the going gets tough a few disappear. 

You need experience  and desire at this time of the season something Queens don't have.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

4 points from 2 tricky away games. 

I've been as critical as anyone but maybe we're not quite knackered yet.

A second half I hear we dominated or is that nonsense? 

8 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

A second half I hear we dominated or is that nonsense? 

That is true. Had Hamilton penned in most of the half but still struggled with creating clear cut chances.

6 hours ago, QoS99 said:

That is true. Had Hamilton penned in most of the half but still struggled with creating clear cut chances.

Didn't help us that marvellous Marv left arguably our player with the best delivery on the bench and only brought on our top goalscorer in the 81st min! Accies basically played the last 10 mins with 9 men and Kilday hobbling around.

We'll never have a better chance to get a win at Hamilton and Bartley sh#t it.

3 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Nothing over the last two weekends has changed my mind. We'll ultimately finish 9th. Annan will climb above us.

I’m not so sure. I’d prefer our run-in than the others. Can’t see where Kelty will pick up many points, QOS are unpredictable and Annan possibly have the toughest run.

Might come down to games against each other, hopefully not the last game of the season.

Stirling to play: Alloa (H), Kelty (A), QOS (H), EC (A), Annan (H)

Kelty: QOS (A), Stirling (H), Falkirk (A), Montrose (H), Hamilton (A)

QOS: Kelty (H), EC (H), Stirling (A), Cove (H), Montrose (A)

Annan: Hamilton (H), Cove (H), EC(A), Falkirk (H), Stirling (A)

25 minutes ago, SA45 said:

I’m not so sure. I’d prefer our run-in than the others. Can’t see where Kelty will pick up many points, QOS are unpredictable and Annan possibly have the toughest run.

Might come down to games against each other, hopefully not the last game of the season.

I think Annan's is easier than Kelty's. You'd surely rather play the top 2 sides at home rather than away. And I expect Annan will fancy their chances against anyone at home. They've also yet to be beaten by Stirling so I doubt they'll find a trip there daunting; obviously it it's a must win for them at that stage it'll change things. 

4 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Nothing over the last two weekends has changed my mind. We'll ultimately finish 9th. Annan will climb above us.

Jeezo doom & gloom....I think your being a bit negative to say the least....we are 3 points ahead of Annan... 3 home games against Alloa...QOS & Annan... away to Kelty & ECFC.... we couldn't ask for a better run-in 

Look we scored 2 OGS yesterday... but played decent football & scored 2 good team goals.... yesterday was just one of those days...but we have & will have more than enough to finish above at least Annan.. have a bit of faith in the team.... Bino's will be fine...I was disappointed with the result yesterday but the performance wasn't that bad all in all 

32 minutes ago, SA45 said:

@SA45 i agree...I'm confident in our ability & our remaining fixtures... bino's will be clear of 9th 👍