The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

Kelty should be fine.  Five consecutive defeats looks poor, but they have been against the top 5 teams in the table.  I would certainly expect them to start picking up points agains over the next 4 or 5 fixtures.

Stirling are unpredictable, but do have the easiest run in on paper.  It all comes down to how they perform in the head-to-heads against the other 3.

Queens are in a shocking state, the three most winnable games are all at Palmerston which given our horrific home form mean we probably won't win any of them.

Annan's form isn't quite as impressive as I'd imagined, it's as much a case of the other 3 clubs sliding towards them as them stringing a series of wins together.  However, they do look capable of getting results where maybe a couple of months ago they would have been stick-ons to get beaten.

As bad as they are, I wouldn't be surprised if Edinburgh throw a spanner in the works by getting something from their matches against one of the above.

So, I'll go with  6th Kelty, 7th Stirling, 8th Annan, 9th QOS.  

As the title of the thread suggests, this may well come down to which teams have the bottle for the fight.

If Annan get even closer to the teams above, I fancy them and ourselves to have the best chance of escaping, mainly because of the managers and the attitude both teams have shown last season and this. They seem to never give up.

I worry a bit for Queens, based on what their fans are saying. If the players aren't really playing for Bartley, they could be found wanting when it matters most.

Not sure about Kelty. Defeat next week at Annan, on top of their current bad run, could be enough to affect their run in.

Having said all that, I've felt for a while that 1 bad week for Annan, where they lose and the others win would leave them with too much to do.

Think it'll come down to a point or so here and there at the end of the day.

This is fairly simple really.  At this stage of the season it's all about momentum - in either direction.  Annan have it in a positive upwards direction big time and they also have a number of ex QOS players with something to prove over their former employers, so they have motivation by the bucket load.

At the other end of the scale QOS are a complete basket case of a club at the moment - a manager hopelessly out of his depth whilst reporting to a board that has just thrown the towel in and is in the throes of departing en masse and leaving a poor squad of players who are thoroughly demoralised following a season of being thrown under the bus by Bartley and his masterclass in recruitment, team selection, tactics and "motivation".

Albion and Annan will be fine, and the disaster scenario at Palmerston will remove any worries at Kelty.

There is no way this totally disheartened and disinterested QOS squad could prevail in the doon playoffs - it's Bonnyrigg for us next season.

We've been on a poor run but key players back (O'Ware, Moore, Johnstone) means we should be much more like ourselves again. Saturdays performance was good, we were very unlucky. Play like that for the rest of the run in & we'll be fine.

Never know though & need to win next Saturday at Galabank! 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

This is fairly simple really.  At this stage of the season it's all about momentum - in either direction.  Annan have it in a positive upwards direction big time and they also have a number of ex QOS players with something to prove over their former employers, so they have motivation by the bucket load.

At the other end of the scale QOS are a complete basket case of a club at the moment - a manager hopelessly out of his depth whilst reporting to a board that has just thrown the towel in and is in the throes of departing en masse and leaving a poor squad of players who are thoroughly demoralised following a season of being thrown under the bus by Bartley and his masterclass in recruitment, team selection, tactics and "motivation".

Albion and Annan will be fine, and the disaster scenario at Palmerston will remove any worries at Kelty.

There is no way this totally disheartened and disinterested QOS squad could prevail in the doon playoffs - it's Bonnyrigg for us next season.

Kelty will be fine impressed me on Saturday and unlucky not to take anything. Stirling I think will grind out 1 or 2 results to stay away from playoffs so I think it'll be QoS or Annan . QoS always beat us and everyone beats Edinburgh so they'll get points from that but can't see where else they get anything but 6 points could be enough although I suspect not. Annan are unpredictable so not really sure what will happen with them could be good could be shite

Edited by covefan97

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Aye, I totally get your view ... but by christ if you'd had to witness our decline over the last three or so seasons ...

Kelty have had a tough run of fixtures and have been missing players so will be fine imo.

Between Stirling, QotS and Annan for me, and on current form you've got to say QotS are looking likely. They've certainly got better players than the other two teams but Bartley really is getting the worst out of them

I also reckon we'll lose a game at some point and Annan away on the penultimate week of the season looks a prime candidate. They'll be fighting for their lives whereas our players will have one eye on trophy day and a well earned summer break   

Screenshot2024-03-18at16_51_48.thumb.png.fa42df6ed56963af542cab41947d778c.png 

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

They've certainly got better players than the other two teams but Bartley really is getting the worst out of theM 

Not sure I would agree with that. Having watched them play us 3 times this season, I don’t think anyone has really been a standout or better than anyone in the current Stirling start 11. 

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Kelty have had a tough run of fixtures and have been missing players so will be fine imo.

Between Stirling, QotS and Annan for me, and on current form you've got to say QotS are looking likely. They've certainly got better players than the other two teams but Bartley really is getting the worst out of them

I also reckon we'll lose a game at some point and Annan away on the penultimate week of the season looks a prime candidate. They'll be fighting for their lives whereas our players will have one eye on trophy day and a well earned summer break   

Screenshot2024-03-18at16_51_48.thumb.png.fa42df6ed56963af542cab41947d778c.png 

It's all about opinions & i respect that, apart from yourselves & Accies away we have more than held our own against other teams in the league, Saturday really really hurt & was such a poor performance against IMO an average team, Accies ain't anything special we just didn't turn up again & carrying a passenger or 2....again IMO 

But i do believe & have faith in us that we will be ok,, i think we have the willingness to battle as shown in our title win last year overhauling Dumbarton... we just need to show that desire, physical & mental strength & we will be fine... our destiny is in our own hands. We don't need to fear anyone, starting Saturday against Montrose 🇵🇪

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Not sure I would agree with that. Having watched them play us 3 times this season, I don’t think anyone has really been a standout or better than anyone in the current Stirling start 11. 

If I truly believed this group of players couldn't do better than they are just now I wouldn't be wanting shot of Bartley. There's a decent side in there somewhere but we have an idiot at the helm who is completely incapable of getting anything other than shite out of them. 

I'm not suggesting they're outstanding but that squad shouldn't be where they are if we have a semi-competent person in charge. 

Nothing against QoS at all, but it would be hilarious if Annan can finish above them. Ought to be quite the occasion if they manage to pull it off.

Best of luck to the Binos; obviously hoping we aren't playing you next season, but not because you've gone down!

This is a question for QOTS fans, how do you guys think you would be financially if use got relegated? As obviously being a full time team in league 2 would be an unusual circumstance. Like i’ve previously mentioned, their was never going to be an improvement with Marvin Bartley he is just a radio pundit (and bad at that) we had to deal with Jim Duffy recently, he had all the same traits as MB. They are just football imposters.

6 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

This is a question for QOTS fans, how do you guys think you would be financially if use got relegated? As obviously being a full time team in league 2 would be an unusual circumstance. Like i’ve previously mentioned, their was never going to be an improvement with Marvin Bartley he is just a radio pundit (and bad at that) we had to deal with Jim Duffy recently, he had all the same traits as MB. They are just football imposters.

Nobody knows. Our Board are walking away at the end of the season regardless and  who is taking over hasn’t been announced yet.

31 minutes ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

24 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Nobody knows. Our Board are walking away at the end of the season regardless and  who is taking over hasn’t been announced yet.

Pretty much this. I'd be gobsmacked if we stayed FT in L2. It seems to be a bit of a gamble in L1 so they'd surely go back to PT in L2.