The Annan, Kelty, Stirling & QoS who's gonna bottle it thread

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Queens toughest game (aye OK, all games are tough for us just now ...) of the run in is our next up at Accies - we never, ever take anything against Accies and so we should safely secure the square root of sweet FA on Saturday without too much trouble.  After that though we should have a chance to take something from each of the remaining 5 games (and we will need to), although Albion away is probably very unlikely.

Think Edinburgh could cause mayhem on the run in as every game is a free hit to them and they'll be playing under no pressure whatsoever.

Have we ever won or got anything at Hamilton if so I can't remember .

I have mentioned we still look weak and fragile have we got the experience and more important the balls for a fight I don't think so .

43 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Have we ever won or got anything at Hamilton if so I can't remember 

I recall seeing us getting a point there once when Goram was in goals for Hamilton.

It was a full year before he signed for us in what was billed as an incredible coup, as if he'd come straight to us from Man United.

All of the 4 teams mentioned in this thread has destiny in their own hands...it's all about bottle & desire...some teams have it & some don't...I see lot's of it in my own team...the run in take care of itself..nobody can have any excuses over the season...but i think we have enough in the dressing room to stay up & a great leader as captain to set the standards 

2 hours ago, Greenacres said:

I have mentioned we still look weak and fragile have we got the experience and more important the balls for a fight I don't think so .

I remember a 2-0 win during the first Great Escape season in March 2006 - our first ever win at the ground going by the report http://www.qosarchive.co.uk/250306.htm 

2 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

All of the 4 teams mentioned in this thread has destiny in their own hands...it's all about bottle & desire...some teams have it & some don't...I see lot's of it in my own team...the run in take care of itself..nobody can have any excuses over the season...but i think we have enough in the dressing room to stay up & a great leader as captain to set the standards 

You must be up at Wiilies monument for inspiration? 

I’m not especially confident. I think Kelty will be safe. 

Annan are getting result after result at the moment. We have them on the last day and that could be a potential nerve shredder. 

Yes we won on Saturday but it was an awful game and if it had finished 0-0 the mood would be a lot worse.

Granted QOS are as weak as they have been in decades but I still don’t see them finishing 9th. So it’s between us and Annan. 

14 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

You must be up at Wiilies monument for inspiration? 

Don't need any inspiration.. We will be fine, we will take care of our own business on the park. League table doesn't tell lies 

15 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

I’m not especially confident. I think Kelty will be safe. 

Annan are getting result after result at the moment. We have them on the last day and that could be a potential nerve shredder. 

Yes we won on Saturday but it was an awful game and if it had finished 0-0 the mood would be a lot worse.

Granted QOS are as weak as they have been in decades but I still don’t see them finishing 9th. So it’s between us and Annan. 

We will be fine 👍

Would you want to swap our fixtures...it's in our own hands...I still believe that we have enough to be safe...Pab's will lead by example 

Only 1 team wanted the win on Saturday, was never going to be pretty..I don't think any of the remaining fixtures will be either...but we dug deep to get the win...that's what we do...that's why we will be fine...C'mon the bino's 

3 hours ago, Greenacres said:

It's probably just my perception of the fixture from the games that I've actually attended.  Over the years I've been to plenty of our games both at home and away and I don't think I've ever seen better than a draw - my first away trip to Hamilton was a mid-week 2-2 draw at the old Douglas Park in the mid-seventies, probably 76 I think - I can remember more about the hairy high-speed dash up the old A74 than I can of the game itself tbf as we only just made it in time for the kick-off.

The moral of the tale is ... I should stay away from these fixtures.  I'm tempted to head down to the game on Saturday, but maybe I should steer clear ...?

At this point, I'd be surprised if we avoid ninth place. Agree that Kelty will ultimately have enough. Annan have found title-winning form all of a sudden, so they'll be safe. That leaves us and QOS - and as Saturday shows, they'll pull out one or two results from nowhere by virtue of being a full time team. Think we'll have to take our chances in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, unitedbino said:

At this point, I'd be surprised if we avoid ninth place. Agree that Kelty will ultimately have enough. Annan have found title-winning form all of a sudden, so they'll be safe. That leaves us and QOS - and as Saturday shows, they'll pull out one or two results from nowhere by virtue of being a full time team. Think we'll have to take our chances in the playoffs.

Nah i don't think so. I think it will be tight but we can do enough. For all that Annan have found a bit of form they still have ground to make up.

Think we need to win 2 out of the 3 remaining home games and pick up another 3 or 4 points away. If we can't win away at Edinburgh then we deserve all we get.

If we do that it means Annan need 14 points out of 18 which seems unlikely.

All in our hands.

4 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Nah i don't think so. I think it will be tight but we can do enough. For all that Annan have found a bit of form they still have ground to make up.

Think we need to win 2 out of the 3 remaining home games and pick up another 3 or 4 points away. If we can't win away at Edinburgh then we deserve all we get.

If we do that it means Annan need 14 points out of 18 which seems unlikely.

All in our hands.

Agreed. Annan need to gain 5 pts and still have Falkirk, Cove and Hamilton to play.  Kelty have Falkirk, Montrose and Hamilton to play. QOS have Hamilton, Cove and Montrose. A lot could depend on how FFC defend their unbeaten run but think Albion have enough.

1 hour ago, unitedbino said:

Bino's will be fine don't worry about it.... keep calm Pab's & the lad's will lead us to safety on the park...

Annan won't finish above us... we have more than enough character to get the point's needed... I'd much rather be in our position than theirs no matter what kind of form they are in

I think the Binos will be fine and will finish above Kelty and Annan.The last round of 9 fixtures started tough for us with Falkirk,Hamilton and Montrose first up,where we collected 3 points,a realistic target.

The next match against Cove will be tough and we will do well to get anything from that one.After that its Alloa then the remaining fixtures are against teams in the bottom half of the table.Annan and Kelty still have to play Falkirk,Hamilton and the Binos.

I would be more worried if I were an Annan or Kelty fan.Queens ,I really dont know about but think they might improve on the run in.

I know the play offs can be a bit of a lottery but I do think that the team finishing 9th will be better than the league 2 play off sides.

Edited by MrBeeno

14 hours ago, unitedbino said:

I'm surprised that some of our supporters think this. Listen, the risk is there, of course it is, however I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest we are going to crumble and that Annan are going to go on some kind of title winning form over the next few games. We'll drop points between now and the end of the season, but so will Annan and I honestly think we'll be ok but we can't be complacent.

Darren Young should already be planning for next season, and I'd be surprised if he was wasn't doing that with a budget for this league.

5 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm surprised that some of our supporters think this. Listen, the risk is there, of course it is, however I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest we are going to crumble and that Annan are going to go on some kind of title winning form over the next few games. We'll drop points between now and the end of the season, but so will Annan and I honestly think we'll be ok but we can't be complacent.

Darren Young should already be planning for next season, and I'd be surprised if he was wasn't doing that with a budget for this league.

I really wish I was as confident as you .

Queens to me have the weakest squad does not matter that we are full time .

Right now you need experience  bottle desire and a will to win Queens have none of the those  that is why we are in this mess. 

We have far to many nice young players who when the going gets tough disappear .We really only have one defender who can win a  50-50  he is out with a bad injury.

7 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

At last someone who agrees with me...well said @BB_Bino 

We are 4 points above Annan...1 against QOS....& we have a run in that is very favourable...also 3 home games against Alloa...QOS...& Annan....away games to Cove this weekend will be tough...then Kelty who aren't exactly pulling up tree's & ECFC.... why the doom & gloom from some folk....our biggest strength is our defence i think...Pab's is having a great season & is such a leader 👏  his desire & commitment set's the tone & at Forthbank we have absolutely nothing to fear against the other 3 teams & i think we will also do ok from Kelty & ECFC fixtures 

I still think Annan will finish below us...Kelty & QOS I'm not so sure...but either way we will be fine 

Bino's in League 1 next year 🇵🇪

6 games to go or 18 points.

Annan doing the chasing wi Queens only 3 points ahead & Sirling & Kelty 4.

From an Annan perspective we only gained 11 points in the 1st half of the season ( 3 in qtr.2) ,started to come back with 12 points in the next quarter & now 7 points already in the run in.

Past form counts for nothing but current form and momentum does - nice for us still to play 3 of the full time teams at home.Hopefully Falkirk are in holiday mode the time we play them in our last home game but I can see our last away game to Stirling being a decider for 9th.spot.

Normally I don't give much hope for that team in play offs but this year I think 9th.spot will be too much for any League 2 team BUT - 2leg Cup tie who would know !

4 hours ago, the philosopher said:

6 games to go or 18 points.

Annan doing the chasing wi Queens only 3 points ahead & Sirling & Kelty 4.

From an Annan perspective we only gained 11 points in the 1st half of the season ( 3 in qtr.2) ,started to come back with 12 points in the next quarter & now 7 points already in the run in.

Past form counts for nothing but current form and momentum does - nice for us still to play 3 of the full time teams at home.Hopefully Falkirk are in holiday mode the time we play them in our last home game but I can see our last away game to Stirling being a decider for 9th.spot.

Normally I don't give much hope for that team in play offs but this year I think 9th.spot will be too much for any League 2 team BUT - 2leg Cup tie who would know !

I wouldn't bet on Falkirk going into Holiday  mode.With 6 games to go they are still unbeaten and still need points to win the league.If they win the league this weekend then I'm sure they would  like to finish the season unbeaten just for the record,especially with so few games left to play.A number of their players will also be playing  for a contract in the Championship next season.

4 hours ago, MrBeeno said:

.A number of their players will also be playing  for a contract in the Championship next season.

Well……all of the current starting outfield XI (loanees aside) plus a couple of others are already signed up for next season. Fringe players maybe but if it’s those fringe players who are playing, Falkirk would be vulnerable.