Montrose v Falkirk FC

3 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

I’ve got a feeling we’ll lose this game by the way.

Just getting it out the way right now.

Know what you mean. I think this is our toughest fixture left and I include Hamilton away in that. 

Montrose have only lost 1 of their last 6 at home and are fighting for a promotion play off. I really rate Petrie as an astute manager.

I'm not sure if Hamilton dropping points before we kick off would help our performance next week or not, obviously delighted if we tie up the league before we kick a ball but would be brilliant to win the league and keep the invincible record. Our motivation will be higher if we need a result.

Really looking forward to it either way.

Always a tough game, I think it'll be a closer game than the one at TFS especially with Montrose going for the playoffs. It could be done before we kick off but fair play to Hamilton (so far) they are keeping us honest and I've a feeling it'll be the same on Saturday. I think we might win by the odd goal either 1 nil or 2-1. Depending on the injury situation if fit I'd be tempted to bring Henderson back in for Mackie and start Yeats at right back.

It's all to do for context with me. Aye in the grand scheme of things, winning league 1 isn't something I'd be too buzzing about if we had done it the year we came down. However, the last 5 years have seen our club being turned up side down and pumped up the arse. Only since JM came in have we had some form of a respectable team. I can see how from the outside it looks like some of us are going over the top and tbh some fans are but why not, we've not had anything to enjoy for a long while. 

This team wouldn't beat the majority of Falkirk teams I've watched in my time watching us however the way they've played this season will be considered iconic for me and I've really really enjoyed it. 

Edited by Senor Bairn

7 minutes ago, BPM said:

Game will be a coronation as QOS will get something off Hamilton. 

I’ve fancied it be won at Montrose for weeks now, but your right it could be won while we’re in the pub 🍻

Catching up on the fans (Montrose) thoughts on their recent matches. Looks like their form is at best average, but appear to be stretched with players available. Yes it will be difficult match, but with our current form, and with the proper application and want, should be able to finally tick the box.

I fancy us to nick a point and maybe spoil the party. After being on a brilliant run our performances the last two games have been very poor. Over the years we have struggled to get up for the games that we are expected to win (like Annan at home) but tend to do well in the big games. 

Big occasion for the Mo. Saturday will be a big pay day for our club and will be a big bonus for the local pubs. I'm assuming Falkirk will bring a big crowd. Look forward to the atmosphere. 

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Given that we are now 99.99% certain to win the league let’s hope that there are no slip ups and the team can earn the Invincibles tag.

We are 1/4500 on Bet 365 so 99.99 % is a wee bit underestimated.  £45000 required to win a tenner.

This is the game all fans fear. We rarely do well in Montrose and has previously been said Petrie is a great manager

2 hours ago, GableEnder21 said:

I fancy us to nick a point and maybe spoil the party. After being on a brilliant run our performances the last two games have been very poor. Over the years we have struggled to get up for the games that we are expected to win (like Annan at home) but tend to do well in the big games. 

Big occasion for the Mo. Saturday will be a big pay day for our club and will be a big bonus for the local pubs. I'm assuming Falkirk will bring a big crowd. Look forward to the atmosphere. 

It will be a bigger occasion for the town and the pubs if you could just get the team to lie down and let us win. Drunken mayhem would erupt!

9 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Selfishly looking for a wee draw here so we can benefit from another big crowd at TFS next week and I'll be able to go 

C'mon man, let us get the job done this Saturday, eh? There will still be a massive crowd at TFS for the Cove game, everybody will be there to welcome home our returning heroes and to have a party.

Edit: in the hope that we have won, of course.

Edited by Bairn in Exile