Montrose v Falkirk FC

25 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Didnt expect much beforehand, but we've effectively deducted ourselves a point with this porridge of a showing tonight. 

Didn't expect anything close to this scoreline even though Falkirk have threatened to score bucket loads several times recently.

You'll almost certainly take 4th place back of us next weekend if that's any consolation.

I don't see us, Alloa or Mo putting a winning run together to end the season, likely whoever gets 3rd and more so 4th will limp across the line

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Well from a Montrose perspective, that could have gone better. Fair play to Falkirk, they went for it from the get go.

At 1-3 at half-time, I still had some hope but when the fifth goal went in on 49 minutes, it was just about containment.

Even that proved a forlorn hope as rampant Falkirk weren't going to ease off.

The really disappointing consequence is losing a number of soft goals and fourth place in the process.

We needed to be at our very best to be at the races tonight: we weren't and the scoreline reflects that.

Well done Falkirk. Worthy Champions.

I hope the Mo can shake this off and get their playoff push back on track.

2 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

There goes our playoff hopes.

We still have a chance, but I personally don't think that we're good enough to go up. The team is getting old and more than a few changes are required.

Anyway, back to the main event. Congrats to Falkirk for going up in style. You've endured a few shite years but now you're back. Enjoy your night and good luck for next season.

21 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

We still have a chance, but I personally don't think that we're good enough to go up. The team is getting old and more than a few changes are required.

Anyway, back to the main event. Congrats to Falkirk for going up in style. You've endured a few shite years but now you're back. Enjoy your night and good luck for next season.

I think whoever does go up will get a bit of a poisoned chalice. Okay the money is substantial but you will be ground down by the quality step up in the Championship. Not saying anyone would do a Brechin but it would be hard going scraps every week. League 1 on the other hand seems relatively open and inviting.

40 minutes ago, Brummo said:

Well from a Montrose perspective, that could have gone better. Fair play to Falkirk, they went for it from the get go.  start/kick off .

FTFY

11 minutes ago, airdrieoldboy said:

Phew, that bloody League One must be a lot easier than when we were in it, no Team could go to Montrose and take 7 off them!

Are Falkirk that good ? - we saw off TNS last week, they sorted Falkirk!

We should never have lost to tns to be honest. We gifted them a goal unfortunately and other than that it was a tight game but we really missed the likes of Tait and Ross as options as they were cuptied.

Great thing about tonights game- apart from the 7 goals obviously- was that when the subs came on the teams playing style never altered. Sign of a squad not just a first 11. Even at a senior age McGinn can still pick a pass.

Edited by Bigbrbairn

25 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Col Donaldson btw - the slagging that guy took last season - they should make a statue of that big b*****d standing on the ball in the second half.

He has been brilliant all season and was my MotM today which seems a strange thing to say when we've just scored 7 goals from 5 different scorers and his CB partner had two assists but his organisation, talking to players through the game and his general leadership as well as the fact he never lost a header or tackle all game.