Stirling v Annan

4 hours ago, Beepee67 said:

Here we go 

Every confidence that we will win today, C'mon the bino's  🇵🇪 💪

Let's get right into this lot from the 1st whistle, leave it all out there 

We will be fine, let's be positive 🇵🇪

LOL

Microcosm of our season, at least in an attacking sense. Lots of huffing and puffing, but a real lack of cutting edge. I predicted we'd finish ninth a couple months ago and took some heat for it. I'd be surprised if we came through the playoffs. 

Posted (edited)

As for the ned section of our support, I defended them at times last season because they're young and we all did stupid things when we're young, but it's gone way too far now. They're an embarrassment to the club. 

Edited by unitedbino

Thought Stirling were probably the better side today but only slightly. Neither team created very much just us less so.  Let's be honest we deserve staying up with our recent form, can't wait for next season already.

42 minutes ago, annanbear said:

Thought Stirling were probably the better side today but only slightly. Neither team created very much just us less so.  Let's be honest we deserve staying up with our recent form, can't wait for next season already.

Dunno about the first part. Thought we were quite comfortably the stronger team over the piece. However, I've said all season Annan are better at playing the percentages than us. They're good at what they do. They knew what they had to do today and did it. We, on the other hand, have nice moments, but can't sustain it. Annan maximise their talent and deserve to stay up. Can't begrudge them (even if some of the time-wasting and play-acting had me pulling out my hair today). 

Went along today as a (sort of) neutral and sympathise with both sets of fans - found it extremely tense and that was with no skin in the game. 

Really good start from Annan in the opening 15 minutes and getting there goal but felt they let Stirling take control of the game after that and sat far too deep - think Tommy Goss had a 15-20 spell up to the goal where he was pretty much a 3rd centre half. Credit Stirling there as they kept pressing and the equaliser was coming long before it eventually did. 

Thought Annan reacted well to conceding and played much higher finishing the half stronger. 

Second half was pretty much one way traffic and it was starting to look inevitable the Stirling would find another - 2 or 3 smart stops from Fleming but probably sums up the issues the Binos have had this season, a lack of goals. 

If Annan were going to get anything in the second half it was probably going to come from a set piece but Gibson’s delivery was poor all afternoon. Ndiweni added something when he came on but Stirling looked the only team likely to get a second. 

Even putting his goal aside, I thought Benji Luissint was excellent today. A really strong performance in the middle of the park. 

I didn’t think the time wasting/play acting from the Annan side was actually that bad to be honest. Certainly nothing extreme and every other side would be doing the same. Ironically the biggest culprit in that respect was Jack Leitch, a couple of really embarrassing ones from him. 

Big job for Darren Young to try and lift his side quickly now ahead of Tuesday night. Can imagine Dumbarton would take delight in being the team to relegate the Binos after last season. 

9 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Dunno about the first part. Thought we were quite comfortably the stronger team over the piece. However, I've said all season Annan are better at playing the percentages than us. They're good at what they do. They knew what they had to do today and did it. We, on the other hand, have nice moments, but can't sustain it. Annan maximise their talent and deserve to stay up. Can't begrudge them (even if some of the time-wasting and play-acting had me pulling out my hair today). 

Honestly, my thoughts going into today's game. I don't know if there's any standouts in the league 2 playoff so I wouldn't put it past Stirling to survive.

Howeve please for the love of God don't give me Peterhead to travel to next year as well. Losing a leisurely jaunt to Falkirk and Stirling for another 3 hour trek is heartbreaking. 

10 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I don't know if there's any standouts in the league 2 playoff so I wouldn't put it past Stirling to survive.

We'll certainly have a chance, but all season it's been the same story - we can't grind out results (with the exception of the first few games of the season) and we've always got a defensive mistake in us. Not a good mix for the playoffs.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WattersIsGod said:

Dumbarton on Tuesday.....of course it  is

After today, not surprising really. We don't deserve it playing as we have for most of the season. No composure or creativity. Plenty of effort today but poor final balls and nothing from the midfield apart the out ball to McPake. Whatever happens in the place offs, time for a change of approach - whether that is with our current management team or not but I can see the exact same things happening next season.

Last season's table for anyone who wants to blame the ref etc.

Screenshot2024-05-04205309.png.381e1535801ee4a0945658b95399e5c1.png

Edited by SA45

On 03/05/2024 at 18:38, WC Boggs said:

No contract clause.  The original Forthbank pitch in 1994 was astroturf'.  When that was needing replaced, the board put an astro or grass vote to the trust membership.  They voted for grass.

A senior moment there Hugh, Forthbank was laid as a grass pitch when we moved in and was relaid about 6/7 years ago. The pitch behind the north goal has always been Astro and of course Annfield was Astro when we left.

Fair play to Annan.That was awful right, honestly think McPake might be the only person on that pitch who wasn't utterly dreadful.