Stirling v Annan

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

A cash on the day facility should be available at every ground outwith the Premiership imo, unless a sellout crowd is expected or numbers restricted.

100% this, otherwise you are just chasing customers away. I wasn't actually at the game, watched it on Falkirk TV, but I believe that some Falkirk supporters were turned away from our last game at Forthbank because they hadn't purchased their ticket by I think it was 1.00pm. 

And I do mean cash for old farts like me, not all this electronic palaver.

Tickets are now on sale for those who would prefer them, a cash gate will be open for both Home and Away fans, and the South Terrace will also be open for Home fans

image.png.4a27cff815b6c1d1690184eb0d80bbed.png

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

100% this, otherwise you are just chasing customers away. I wasn't actually at the game, watched it on Falkirk TV, but I believe that some Falkirk supporters were turned away from our last game at Forthbank because they hadn't purchased their ticket by I think it was 1.00pm. 

And I do mean cash for old farts like me, not all this electronic palaver.

I believe the one o’clock cut off was on the advice of the police and transport police to stop potential troublemakers from travelling. A young crew group were reported to have turned around at Grahamston station when told no pay at the gate.

Posted (edited)

Up Stirling way over the weekend so I'm going to be heading along to this, quite like Forthbank. Stand out fixture of the weekend, may the best team win.

Tempted by the idea to go in the terracing, although what's the view like from the ends? Is the terracing a bit shallow?

Edited by AUcal

Good to see the terracing open -it's a decent view but I prefer to watch from the side. Think it's about 8 steps deep.

The point I was making was more about the club promoting the final game to people that don't normally go to swell the numbers. Apart from Falkirk games, there are always plenty seats in the East Stand (away).

12 hours ago, marco44 said:

Your Club is definitely not going all out to sell tickets for this game. 
I have been on your Club Website to purchase tickets and there is no mention about purchasing tickets for this game. 
I have emailed the club asking for information and have yet to receive a reply. 

Why don't you just pay at the gate 🤔 

Card or cash, your choice 👍

17 hours ago, marco44 said:

Your Club is definitely not going all out to sell tickets for this game. 
I have been on your Club Website to purchase tickets and there is no mention about purchasing tickets for this game. 
I have emailed the club asking for information and have yet to receive a reply. 

One of the tumbleweeds blowing around the office may have jammed up the computer's fan.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You need a sign. 

'that right @Monkey Tennis

We do indeed!  Turn left for nail biting football - turn right for Morrison's retail experience. We need a big sign up: Forthbank Stadium: home of Stirling Albion, University of Stirling and various others - come along and support your local team. Next Home Game is: .............

It's owned by the council so never expect too much.

Aye a big sign on the roundabout would be great.

Or could the young team rustle up a flag?

I'll be talking up the game in the pub beforehand and see if I can recruit a few too......

36 minutes ago, WattersIsGod said:

Aye a big sign on the roundabout would be great.

Or could the young team rustle up a flag?

I'll be talking up the game in the pub beforehand and see if I can recruit a few too......

The young young team will be out in force. The ringleader/troublemaker aka K has been charged and banned (caught with a knife). The big flag is kept in the stadium - not sure about the drum, heard drums have been banned for health and safety ffs.

I'm spreading the word like a religious evangelist (that sometimes knock your door). 🇦🇹🎺📢🥁

17 minutes ago, SA45 said:

The young young team will be out in force. The ringleader/troublemaker aka K has been charged and banned (caught with a knife). The big flag is kept in the stadium - not sure about the drum, heard drums have been banned for health and safety ffs.

I'm spreading the word like a religious evangelist (that sometimes knock your door). 🇦🇹🎺📢🥁

What about the young young young team

40 minutes ago, Binos said:

What about the young young young team

Young team = 14-16 (a fearsome bunch of wrong un's)

Young young team = 12-14 (less fearsome)

Young young young team = Riverside Primary.  Can sometimes be heard singing "Binos Binos Binos" or "Take a shot take a shot"

5 hours ago, SA45 said:

We do indeed!  Turn left for nail biting football - turn right for Morrison's retail experience. We need a big sign up: Forthbank Stadium: home of Stirling Albion, University of Stirling and various others - come along and support your local team. Next Home Game is: .............

It's owned by the council so never expect too much.

Oh no the council- nae chance if it's like D&G

Just now, the philosopher said:

Oh no the council- nae chance if it's like D&G

There is a council owned gym and swimming pool next door which seems to be doing good business. The football stadium and operations side is a bit of an anomaly that's been neglected IMO. At least it's not AstroTurf, although think there might be a clause in the contract to forbid suchlike.

Sorry guys let's get back to the fitba or at least the best pubs in town centre.

Usually go to Morrisons or whatever its name is now ( decent,food,fitba on tv,no pool table),no cheap now tho,

but the Irish bar seemed OK?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, the philosopher said:

Sorry guys let's get back to the fitba or at least the best pubs in town centre.

Usually go to Morrisons or whatever its name is now ( decent,food,fitba on tv,no pool table),no cheap now tho,

but the Irish bar seemed OK?

If sports bars are your thing then Morrisons cold beer bar in centre of town would do. Irish Molly Malone's standard Belhaven bar just 50 yds away is ok. Proper Scottish bar is Port Customs just past M&S but could be full of fearsome Albion old-timers waiting for the P1/2 park n ride bus to Forthbank. Pub food should be pies, crisps or nuts IMO. No fancy stuff lol.

Edited by SA45

2 minutes ago, SA45 said:

If sports bars are your thing then Morrisons cold beer bar in centre of town would do. Irish Molly Malone's standard Belhaven bar just 50 yds away is ok. Proper Scottish bar is Port Customs just past M&S but could be full of fearsome Albion old-timers waiting for the P1/2 park n ride bus to Forthbank.

Cheers pal, looking forward to Saturday - I 'm almost certain Annan will be up for the game ( on a good streak of form, although counts for nothing in this situation ) and I would imagine  Stirling with a big crowd will give it their all too.

Biggest game outwith the Premiership surely ?