Stirling v Annan

On paper Annan should win this. Their form has been magnificent lately, fighting for every result and have clawed themselves into eighth spot. We have been very poor, obviously lacking confidence and struggling to score.

That being said, it is a one off game, it's all on the line, we know we have to win. We were decent at the start of the season, Annan were poor at the start of the season - we have to hope the manager and players can pull it off and somehow get the win. 

My head says 3-0 Annan 

My heart says 0-0 (or conceding right at the death as we push for a goal)

I would love to be mega optimistic and  course they will get my full backing but I'm just not seeing us beating them on their current form.

Staying in the division was the ultimate aim and I don't care how we do it, whether it's next week or playoffs. Come on Binos!

This should be a belter. Ignore the previous 35 games, winner takes all. Both managers and both squads and the fans should be buzzing and really up for this one, the proverbial cup final. Hope it's a classic.

37 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

This should be a belter. Ignore the previous 35 games, winner takes all. Both managers and both squads and the fans should be buzzing and really up for this one, the proverbial cup final. Hope it's a classic.

Exactly 

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

This.

If I wasn't going to our game at TFS to watch our reserves blow a hole in Falkirk's unbeaten record, I'd attend it.

Looking at this game as a neutral I'd say Annan will get their job done and shitfest their way to at least, the draw they need.

Annan got 3, well,  "experienced", guys upfront, that will roll around and squeel like big girls if they get tackled and I think will be too streetwise to not get what they need from this game.

All is not lost though Binos, as either of these teams will win the play-offs as the league 2 teams are nowhere near good enough.

Annan to finish with 9 men, Gibson double yellowed for persistent greetin to the Ref and Smith double yellowed for persistent simulation. I hope for Stirlings sake there's a strong ref on the game. 

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Annan to finish with 9 men, Gibson double yellowed for persistent greetin to the Ref and Smith double yellowed for persistent simulation. I hope for Stirlings sake there's a strong ref on the game. 

It matters not a jot but if indeed it was QOS in this peril id wish for them to win. 

7 minutes ago, annan4eva said:

It matters not a jot but if indeed it was QOS in this peril id wish for them to win. 

I think the majority of QoS fans will be hoping for an Annan win as well tbh. 

6 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Then again, cup finals have never really been our thing.

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Don't care mate, still not taking Bartley off your hands.

What if we were to ask you really nicely? 🙄

How do you purchase tickets for this game? Since our season ends on friday I would be tempted to head along to this on saturday. I can't seem to find where to purchase tickets on the AS website and couldn't see anything on social media

21 hours ago, Tenkay said:

Looking at this game as a neutral I'd say Annan will get their job done and shitfest their way to at least, the draw they need.

Annan got 3, well,  "experienced", guys upfront, that will roll around and squeel like big girls if they get tackled and I think will be too streetwise to not get what they need from this game.

All is not lost though Binos, as either of these teams will win the play-offs as the league 2 teams are nowhere near good enough.

Name and shame the the “3 well experienced guys upfront, that will roll around and squeal like big girls if they get tackled “

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

How do you purchase tickets for this game? Since our season ends on friday I would be tempted to head along to this on saturday. I can't seem to find where to purchase tickets on the AS website and couldn't see anything on social media

For our recent visit to Stirling tickets were available to purchase on line from about the Wednesday before the game. There was a link on Stirling website. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Definitely in the neutral camp, but think Stirling will be in the playoffs. Always struck me that they had a lack of quality but worked hard. 

Annan I don't think are too much better but what they do have is very hard to deal with and they've been exploiting it effectively since the turn of the year. Set pieces, throw-ins, wingers on the touchline for the tall boys in the box. Closest thing to prime Stoke City in the league.

Couldn't comment on the relative quality of the league 2 challengers too much but I'm not sure any of them have been standouts and that bodes well for the team looking for survival from the division above.

1 hour ago, Fifes Elite Force said:

Tickets will be on sale via the website from Wednesday going by others games this season, however you can also pay at the gate. From my knowledge, I don't think getting a ticket gets you in any quicker, a Season Ticket certainly doesn't.

14 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Definitely in the neutral camp, but think Stirling will be in the playoffs. Always struck me that they had a lack of quality but worked hard. 

I think this was the case up until the end of January, however the work rate levels have dropped since then which is why we find ourselves where we are.

Football tends to be a lot about momentum, Annan have the moment, which is why I fear the worst. Can't help but think we've blown it and for as much as I love him and I want him to remain as manager, Darren Young has to shoulder a big chunk of the blame for that.

Edited by BB_Bino