Bairns v Wasps….1 to go

Nesbitt’s goal was like 1 and a half goals, crucial. I always felt we would do enough not to lose once that went in. 

Alloa will give Hamilton problems when they bring their front three in. 

We had 24 efforts on goal today and nearly 70% possession. Would have been a travesty had we lost. 

1 hour ago, Baggio said:

Ross MacIver stuck at centre half while Callum Morrison puts in some of his best crosses of the season in the first half. 😂😭

Our lack of defensive cover has really cost us in these last few games, but what an effort from these lads to avoid defeat. Nerves of steel from Brad Spencer 

There’s no team in any Scottish league that could cope with their first 3 choice centre backs being out tbf. 

As others have said very good highlights.

Thought Andy Graham looked pretty comfortable yesterday (penalty aside), however the full backs were given a torrid time, especially first half from Morrison. No centre backs and McIver having to play at the back really unsettled us at both the back and front (he played well). Having said that it was a makeshift Alloa side too and in the end both sides for different reasons will be delighted with a draw.

Think Alloa have every chance of coming through the play offs, especially with Wales and Steven still to come into the mix. I hope its either Alloa or Montrose that come up as opposed to Hamilton or Inverness. I like both managers and clubs.

Good luck Wasps!

8 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Wildly underestimated the entertainment value of today's game before kickoff. A very memorable game. Hope the next 4 are the same for us.

I'd take that.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Thought Andy Graham looked pretty comfortable yesterday (penalty aside), however the full backs were given a torrid time, especially first half from Morrison. No centre backs and McIver having to play at the back really unsettled us at both the back and front (he played well). Having said that it was a makeshift Alloa side too and in the end both sides for different reasons will be delighted with a draw.

Think Alloa have every chance of coming through the play offs, especially with Wales and Steven still to come into the mix. I hope its either Alloa or Montrose that come up as opposed to Hamilton or Inverness. I like both managers and clubs.

Good luck Wasps!

Andy's a class act. Such a cool head under pressure.

I thought Taggs and Buchanan coped well enough with Miller and McCann on the left, but Cammy O'D was once again exposed against Morrison. Really feel for him as he's not a natural full back. 

Went much better than I feared yesterday. Key was Falkirk not taking any of their early half chances and of course big Sammo getting his goals. I tend to agree that moving McIver back didn't work, but clearly McGlynn had very few alternatives and, at the end of the day, it got the job done.

Although Andy G rested all those expected to start Tues with the exception of Taggart and possibly Scougs, it's not as though we had a bunch of untried youngsters on the pitch. I thought pretty much every one of them did well, although I was disappointed how quiet Ally Roy was, especially when moved to centre forward.

The day, of course, belonged to Falkirk and it was great to see that crowd. A really tremendous achievement to go unbeaten all season. Pleased for McGlynn who always comes across genuine and passionate. I think Falkirk will do fine next season even with the current squad and will challenge near the top if he can bring in a few signings of the right quality.

Edited by printer

Alloa made us absolutely shite ourselves yesterday. Any Falkirk fan saying losing didn’t matter because we’d won the league anyway were about as convincing as a Tory on TV this morning talking about “the plan”.  If Sammon had killed the invincible dream it would have been ulcerous. We must be honest about that. 

Alloa is the most improved team in the division. Genuinely hope they go up, for various reasons, but primarily because I like the pubs and the view of the Ochils. If not them, then Montrose, for similar reasons (principally the pubs). Had some great awaydays in this division and some class acts as hosts. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Alloa deserve praise for their attitude at the end. They congratulated bench staff then quickly departed to let the Falkirk team celebrate with our fans.

And gifted us a pen to ensure the invincible tag 😎

Great bunch of lads Alloa. Although I have a soft spot for montrose as well. Echo the sentiments that both teams are the leagues good guys, would love for either of them to go up. Still on cloud nine after yesterday. Grown men in tears. 3 generations of my family running in the pitch. Beautiful moment in our history. 

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Alloa and Montrose = the league's good guys. 

Really hope one of them go up at the expense of Hamilton and the highland franchise. 

Two well managed community clubs

20 hours ago, BPM said:

Nesbitt’s goal was like 1 and a half goals, crucial. I always felt we would do enough not to lose once that went in. 

Alloa will give Hamilton problems when they bring their front three in. 

We had 24 efforts on goal today and nearly 70% possession. Would have been a travesty had we lost. 

When you see nesbitts goal again  in the highlights it was an absolute peach and as you said so important at that stage of the game.

12 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Good luck Wasps!

There was two or three headed  chances for us that I'm sure MacIver would've snapped up if he'd been in his usual position.