The 2000s - historic pictures from the first 25 years

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

image.jpg?id=28093835&width=1200&height=

Ah, Oaksoft's hero. This is definitely one of the defining images of the twenty-first century - a wealthy psychopath cheering gleefully about massive cuts to punish the poor and vulnerable*. His place in history is assured.

He's had the cheek, several times now, to claim he'd no idea about the damage that he would cause, and to blame the rest of the government for not doing something about it.

* yes, I know what he claims he was cheering

On 30/04/2024 at 09:40, LuboMoravcik said:

Soccer Team Is Found Alive in Thailand Cave Rescue - The New York Times

Thai boys rescued from a cave.

Ran out of greenies on page 12 of this thread. Very iconic photos that will be remembered for a long time.

On the Thai boys being rescued from that cave, every year we take our cubs scouts section to Fordell Firs, where they do caving and every year the leader tells us that a couple of the men who rescued them were scouts at one stage, and learned to get through the tunnels by doing the caving activities.

On 30/04/2024 at 09:55, Rugster said:

Terror at Glasgow airport - Manchester Evening News

Parking was a nightmare after that, you couldn’t leave a flamin’ jeep at the front door. 

On 30/04/2024 at 05:19, TxRover said:

Screenshot2024-04-29231929.png.aaaf95274dba958eb9522261cba8d21e.png

Outside of the cup final in 94, one of the best days supporting Raith. The following day i got sent numerous close up photos of my screeching face.

On 17/05/2024 at 08:21, AUcal said:

IMG_20240517_082108.thumb.jpg.98ccd16fa2d1e6c4ae5c2e86da9be150.jpg

Remember trying to do deliveries and listening to open all mics. Eventually had to stop and be late for everyone, both games were mental.

Was it the Dundee keeper in the other game that had an absolute worldy of a save with the last kick of the ball too or Hamilton would have finished top? 

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

Remember trying to do deliveries and listening to open all mics. Eventually had to stop and be late for everyone, both games were mental.

Was it the Dundee keeper in the other game that had an absolute worldy of a save with the last kick of the ball too or Hamilton would have finished top? 

Yup I think that's right. Kyle Letheren pulled off a ridiculous save very late on at 2-1.

Dundee had been 2-0 up but almost threw it away. Dees fans must have been in disbelief watching the score coming in from Hamilton.

1 hour ago, Spyro said:

1 hour ago, AUcal said:

Yup I think that's right. Kyle Letheren pulled off a ridiculous save very late on at 2-1.

Dundee had been 2-0 up but almost threw it away. Dees fans must have been in disbelief watching the score coming in from Hamilton.

We were denied a stonewall penalty too.

31 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

A massively significant photo. Just imagine he was sick in bed that day instead. 

There have been a variety of Labour leaders who've had moments that people point to and say, "if only this hadn't happened, he'd have been Prime Minister".

I think we're kidding ourselves on here - until the Conservatives regress to widespread open degeneracy, England is never going to vote Labour anyway.