4 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

There's always a rational reason for these things.

Scooby-Doo-Reveal-GIF.gif

I should have guessed Rolf was involved but Josh Brolin and Perluigi Collina come as a bit of a shock

Ghosts, here we f**king go.....

most houses here will have a ghost house in their garden.  This will be built before the house is built to give a place for the ghost/spirits to stay and not bother you in your house.  the look like this below.  It will be built as far away from the toilet.  there will be a Buddhist ceremony at the house where the Monks make a few quid (as always).  You also have take care of them, by offering them food, drinks & tobacco on a regular basis.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOHsN52-oZb-DGV8m1sbI

If the house is then sold in the future, the new owner, will swiftly get rid of this ghost house and build their own.  The used/old ghost house will be dump in the middle of nowhere (usually in the rice fields or in the forest) not near houses.  There loads near my house (rice plantations).

abandoned-spirit-house-thailand-style-26

Now here's the fun bit. when folk/Thais are drive in their car or motorbike and know of these graveyards, they will turn off their lights if it dark, so the ghost can't see them.  Shat my pant the first time this happened to me.  Pitch f**king black and driving f**k knows where.

Thailand has the worst accident record for driving in the world to no ones surprise.  

they also are mental for the ghost shit.

Edited by SlipperyP

I had the unnerving experience of living through the David "the ghost" Bangala period for Ayr.

He was nowhere to be found for months after signing. The 'official' line was that it was a long delay in approval for the correct paperwork for his work permit, (owing to the mess of diplomatic relations and rulings following our disastrous exit from the European Union) - a clever ruse.

I suspect some important paranormal activity meant he was unable to initially join Lee Bullen and the boys. So effective was "the ghost" on the pitch, that you were never able to catch him playing any football at all, despite fooling oor Lee into occasionally adding him to the teamsheet. 

Creepy.

1 hour ago, SlipperyP said:

Thailand has the worst accident record for driving in the world to no ones surprise.  

O/T but I went there with work a couple of times in the 90s and it was always a relief to get out of the car ok. Do you still have to do a U-turn on the motorways if you want to turn right? 😱

14 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't believe in ghosts and have also experienced them.

An ex had a brother who had died by suicide and said she was haunted by him. I put it down to trauma until one night we were speaking about him and a stone ornament flew off the mantlepiece across the room.  Not toppled off but like someone had skited it and it flew across the room. 

I also don't believe the laws of physics permit free energy to exist so f**k knows.

I suppose in the olden days the idea of hearing a voice or seeing an image from 100 years ago would seem mental but we have captured that through film using what is essentially magnetic technology. And the earth is just a big magnet. 

A similar one, I have a mate who stayed the night at his aunties. He slept in the spare room.

'That room in haunted' she said, 'Of course it is' said my mate.

At night he was sleeping/half asleep and the covers were pulled from the bed. He was the only on in the room.

39 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Look up Chinese ghost hunters on youtube. It's their belief that you should shout and swear at ghosts to scare them off if you encounter them. It's quite funny.

Is there a YouTube channel where people shout and swear at people who say they believe in ghosts?

I’d watch that.  I’d maybe even participate.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Is there a YouTube channel where people shout and swear at people who say they believe in ghosts?

I’d watch that.  I’d maybe even participate.

No but you could start one. I'm sure it'll go viral.

Yes, and if they are waiting to long they will just pull out in front of you, meaning everyone is screeching to a halt for someone doing a U-turn.  This will open the floodgates and everyone who was waiting will just go for it.

Seriously driving is a death trap here, everyday single day I will see something that puts the c***s in the road thread posts look trivial.

27 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Yes, and if they are waiting to long they will just pull out in front of you, meaning everyone is screeching to a halt for someone doing a U-turn.  This will open the floodgates and everyone who was waiting will just go for it.

Seriously driving is a death trap here, everyday single day I will see something that puts the c***s in the road thread posts look trivial.

Wait, if the ghosts are waiting too long they will just pull out in front of you?

When I was growing up there was a very shortlived series on CBBC called Spook Squad, featuring Ford Kiernan looking much less affable than usual as a centuries old lord of the manner type ghost trying to scare kids away from his castle as they tried to capture his legions of ghosts.

Warped me as a kid. Didn't stop me watching it mind 😐

11 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Look up Chinese ghost hunters on youtube. It's their belief that you should shout and swear at ghosts to scare them off if you encounter them. It's quite funny.

The East Fife home dressing room will be ghost free at least

How come ghosts are always pagan monks, or scientists in lab coats who committed suicide?

You never hear anyone going on about the ghost of a jake sitting on a park bench, wearing a stained Alloa Athletic top and necking an ethereal can of Special Brew.

How come they're always doing scary shit like lifting your covers up in the night, or passing through walls, yet they never do anything mundane like making a cheese sandwich or putting a fresh toilet roll on the holder?