Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Father Dougal McGuire said:

The term 'touch base' gets me absolutely seething every time I hear it.

Try actually touching her 'base' and see how you get on ;) 

Got a last minute invite to a black tie do and went to hire a kilt jacket at 4pm. The woman was obviously looking to close up early and, after measuring me, told me she couldn't process the sale and I'd have to come back tomorrow for it. How difficult can it be to take cash from me and bung it in a bag?

9 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Got a last minute invite to a black tie do and went to hire a kilt jacket at 4pm. The woman was obviously looking to close up early and, after measuring me, told me she couldn't process the sale and I'd have to come back tomorrow for it. How difficult can it be to take cash from me and bung it in a bag?

Was her name Mrs Philpy?

Not one for getting angry, but I keep getting pishy marketing texts from Tesco. 

Can't cancel via text. Need to phone a number. After negotiating a labyrinth of options (3 -> 3 -> 8 --> 1) ... you then get told "Press 1 if you no longer wish to receive our marketing messages". 

* Press 1

"Thank you. You will now receive our marketing messages". 

Utter cretins. 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

To extend, this whole thing about folk forcibly showing you "hilarious" videos on their phones.

Folk making a c**t of themselves on Youtube stopped being funny ages ago. So did folk ranting on youtube. So did folks pets doing stupid things.

I find myself a full on crabbit b*****d when it comes to the majority of "funny vidz"

Amen. The Scottish tabloids love reporting this stuff as news.

Watch our hilarious video of some sunbed-addicted brickie from Coatbridge singing along to ABBA in his van.

Amen. The Scottish tabloids love reporting this stuff as news.

Watch our hilarious video of some sunbed-addicted brickie from Coatbridge singing along to ABBA in his van.

And folk that spend their full break at work sitting with their face in their phone.

This might seem extremely harsh, but it does my head in nonetheless. When people have to shoehorn something - normally some kind of illness/disease - to claim that it's such a personal issue that affects nobody more than them.

For example, people giving to Cancer Research because it's "personally something that has affected me and my family." Is there honestly anyone in the country that doesn't know a close friend or family member who has had cancer?

See also; dementia, Alzheimer's, heart attacks and strokes.

3 minutes ago, smpar said:

This might seem extremely harsh, but it does my head in nonetheless. When people have to shoehorn something - normally some kind of illness/disease - to claim that it's such a personal issue that affects nobody more than them.

For example, people giving to Cancer Research because it's "personally something that has affected me and my family." Is there honestly anyone in the country that doesn't know a close friend or family member who has had cancer?

Also people who didn't give a f**k about people suffering from those diseases before contracting them, and suddenly are all over the media begging for research money. The usual reaction is how brave they are.

You forgot Dengue fever, everyone knows someone that has suffered.

42 minutes ago, smpar said:

You also forgot about people that die. They are always the best person in the world, a real salt of the earth who would do anything for anybody..... Most of the time they never leave a pot to piss in and some other poor fecker has to pay to bury them.

Also people who didn't give a f**k about people suffering from those diseases before contracting them, and suddenly are all over the media begging for research money. The usual reaction is how brave they are.

I've always given something of a fùck, but being diagnosed myself didn't turn me into some kind of hero - just the same bloke as yesterday, with added cancer. My subsequent support of McMillan is more down to the realisation of what a seriously amazing job those working in oncological treatment do (Hiya, Debbie, hiya Michelle!) and the shameful lack of funding allocated to this area. From the domestics to the consultants, everybody at Jimmy's just raises the spirits of all who have to come for treatment with their efficiently positive attitude.

Yet another charity which could deliver so much more if we weren't spunking billions on a fucking train line and nuclear weapons.

16 minutes ago, supermik said:

You also forgot about people that die. They are always the best person in the world, a real salt of the earth who would do anything for anybody..... Most of the time they never leave a pot to piss in and some other poor fecker has to pay to bury them.

If they were young, they always had a "bubbly personality." And wherever they lived is "a close knit community."

12 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I've always given something of a fùck, but being diagnosed myself didn't turn me into some kind of hero - just the same bloke as yesterday, with added cancer. My subsequent support of McMillan is more down to the realisation of what a seriously amazing job those working in oncological treatment do (Hiya, Debbie, hiya Michelle!) and the shameful lack of funding allocated to this area. From the domestics to the consultants, everybody at Jimmy's just raises the spirits of all who have to come for treatment with their efficiently positive attitude.

Yet another charity which could deliver so much more if we weren't spunking billions on a fucking train line and nuclear weapons.

Stop whining, you win the quiz every week.

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

"The school's headteacher said he/she was an exemplary pupil, who was popular with the staff and the other pupils".

"A loveable rogue" or "cheeky chappy" invariably means "fucking arsehole who was widely disliked".