Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

Trust a Trader dotcom radio adverts.

Don't think I've heard that one but I presume it's one of those where the announcer simulatesthesmallprintbytalkingreallyquicklyandrunningallhiswordstogether. Those really piss me off.

6 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'd crawl 100 miles over shit smeared broken glass to hear her fart down a walkie talkie.

Behave yourself.

People posting bizzare sexual fetishes as a means of stating they find someone attractive.

ETA: and my consistent inability to spell bizarre correctly. Or is it bizzarre? Bizare?

Edited by Mark Connolly

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

Don't think I've heard that one but I presume it's one of those where the announcer simulatesthesmallprintbytalkingreallyquicklyandrunningallhiswordstogether. Those really piss me off.

Nope, voiceover by Paddy McGuinness.

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

People posting bizzare sexual fetishes as a means of stating they find someone attractive.

ETA: and my consistent inability to spell bizarre correctly. Or is it bizzarre? Bizare?

Bazaar?

12 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Isn't it just clarifying an extant practice?  Even when I played Yooni rugby in the early 80s we all know you'd be supported by a prop/flanker/both when I leapt like a salmon to try and catch a lineout ball.

Not when I was a wean.  You jumped without anyone helping you.  Not too many salmons in the forwards as I remember.  Plenty of whales.

55 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

People opposing a new runway at Heathrow Airport because they live nearby and don't want more planes. If you don't want an excess of planes flying over your house don't live next door to a fucking airport.

I do think Gatwick was the way to go though. Half the build time, half the cost and you can get there from London quicker than the tube to Heathrow. And you can spend the time between flights in Brighton.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

People opposing a new runway at Heathrow Airport because they live nearby and don't want more planes. If you don't want an excess of planes flying over your house don't live next door to a fucking airport.

It's quite remarkable that they think protesting will achieve anything.

If you aren't some wealthy aristocrat why do you think the government will give a rats ass what you say.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Ditto people who complain about living near a pub or a football ground.  Don't decide to live there!