Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I couldn't sleep last night, partially because I had too much coffee through the day and no evening drinks but it was horrible. Had so many unpleasant thoughts going through my head and woke up in a stinking mood.

Sounds like cold turkey.What were the unpleasant thoughts? Did you see any babies crawling on the ceiling?

Sounds like cold turkey.What were the unpleasant thoughts? Did you see any babies crawling on the ceiling?

Nah i haven't had a drink since Sunday and I wasn't that bad at weekend, was mostly caffeine effects I think and I get anxious quite easily. Just worried about all sorts, started with what I'm going to do for a job and where I will live then the thought of Trump becoming president and so on, just every day worried that were quite terrifying at the time. Feel ok now though!

This shower of horrible appropriating wallopers. Not everybody in Glasgow is behind the Boys in Green. Not everyone in Glasgow buys into a faux sense of community under the auspice of a historically deplorable institution standing for and amongst some of the worst aspects of Scottish society. Not everyone wants to hear a horrible attempt at getting some children to sing along to Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode when they're trying to eat their lunch. I hope every mouthbreather who turned up to this holocaust today - including those stood around the side of the fence puffing away at their fags while their children were milling about - and anyone else cutting about in shirts advertising betting companies and alcohol brands and with green and white scarves which you never see anyone else wearing at any point in the city is utterly devastated by the result tonight. I hope the assortment of Germans I've seen cutting about (and Gunther) have a party.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

This shower of horrible appropriating wallopers. Not everybody in Glasgow is behind the Boys in Green. Not everyone in Glasgow buys into a faux sense of community under the auspice of a historically deplorable institution standing for and amongst some of the worst aspects of Scottish society. Not everyone wants to hear a horrible attempt at getting some children to sing along to Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode when they're trying to eat their lunch. I hope every mouthbreather who turned up to this holocaust today - including those stood around the side of the fence puffing away at their fags while their children were milling about - and anyone else cutting about in shirts advertising betting companies and alcohol brands and with green and white scarves which you never see anyone else wearing at any point in the city is utterly devastated by the result tonight. I hope the assortment of Germans I've seen cutting about (and Gunther) have a party.

A squad of the most German-looking Germans I've ever seen asked me directions to a Brazilian restaurant in town at lunchtime. I told them in English and got a blank look, so switched to my terrible German.

Pals for life. Got what was meant to be a hearty backslap from a 6'4" Oliver Kahn-alike that could have been construed as a serious assault in a different context. I'm sure I've got a big hand print on my back.

When commentators say "It's been 8 and a half hours since *Player A*/Team B* has scored a goal". Aye let me get the fixtures out and work out some sort of timescale as to what game they're talking about. Fannies.

Half the 'stats' that get quoted about football boil my piss these days. Loads of meaningless bollocks like, "it's been 54 years since Carlisle won a league game at Anfield"...aye, so how many matches is that, then? Two, maybe? By the time they get around to anything that might possibly be relevant, you've tuned them out.

(I'd treat that Carlisle fact as dubious, BTW; it's been 846 hours since I typed an accurate fact on P&B.)

48 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

When commentators say "It's been 8 and a half hours since *Player A*/Team B* has scored a goal". Aye let me get the fixtures out and work out some sort of timescale as to what game they're talking about. Fannies.

Along similar lines is when they say it's 15, 20, 23, 38 or how many years since Team A has beaten Team B or won at XYZ Stadium when the 2 sides haven't been in the same Division for 15,20,23,38 or how many fucking years. 

20 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Half the 'stats' that get quoted about football boil my piss these days. Loads of meaningless bollocks like, "it's been 54 years since Carlisle won a league game at Anfield"...aye, so how many matches is that, then? Two, maybe? By the time they get around to anything that might possibly be relevant, you've tuned them out.

(I'd treat that Carlisle fact as dubious, BTW; it's been 846 hours since I typed an accurate fact on P&B.)

Is that 846 hours of actual posting time or 846 hours of total real time?

8 hours ago, throbber said:

Yeah - as Jimmy Carr said "If she was my daughter I would still be bathing her"

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

Hope you like Jimmy's jokes, you'll be listening to them for the next10-15 years in the cell

Edited by Swarley
Spelling