Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Signed off work for a minimum of 2 months maybe up to 6 months and I am bored out my nut on day 5.

Shit, everyone on their best behaviour. A Mod is bored and is keeping an eye on the forum 24/7.

20 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Had a cold the last day or so. Seems the coughing snotty, sneezy stage only lasted yesterday and has now turned into horrible congestion all centred in my head. Awful. Two day headaches are not cool.

However my main gripe is the power sneezes yesterday that have resulted in me straining what feels like my entire back. Fucking agony emoji35.png

I've been fighting a cold for about three weeks now. Been stuffy and congested all this time, although thankfully don't have the sore throat any more.

22 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Had a cold the last day or so. Seems the coughing snotty, sneezy stage only lasted yesterday and has now turned into horrible congestion all centred in my head. Awful. Two day headaches are not cool.

However my main gripe is the power sneezes yesterday that have resulted in me straining what feels like my entire back. Fucking agony emoji35.png

The worst ones are when you could swear you've just torn your gooch.

55 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I thought you were supposed to feel better towards the end of having the cold not worse. I don't remember ever having a cold for this long before either. Must be an age thing I guess.

The night is always darkest before the dawn. When I get the cold, I generally feel alright while I'm full of it, but when it starts to clear up I get horrendous headaches and a general horrible feeling. :(

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The night is always darkest before the dawn. When I get the cold, I generally feel alright while I'm full of it, but when it starts to clear up I get horrendous headaches and a general horrible feeling. :(

I can't actually remember when it started, I think it's about a week now, but today is the worst I've felt yet. Coughing up big greeners, nose running like a train, head pounding and sickly feeling.

Might be the bad AIDS actually.

Just now, Rugster said:

I can't actually remember when it started, I think it's about a week now, but today is the worst I've felt yet. Coughing up big greeners, nose running like a train, head pounding and sickly feeling.

That sounds almost exactly how I get in the last couple of days of a heavy cold. I did go to the doctor once, and he confirmed it was just a heavy cold and not bad AIDS.

I don't cough up big greeners though, so Goodnight Sweet Prince.

When you ask for a rum and Coke and they charge you for a whole can of Coke without highlighting that they don't do dashes.

"£4 please"

The positive of this is when you're in a pub, typically questionable, and they have bottles of lemonade on the bar that are free. It's the only reason I drink rum and lemonade these days.

I couldn't sleep last night, partially because I had too much coffee through the day and no evening drinks but it was horrible. Had so many unpleasant thoughts going through my head and woke up in a stinking mood.

Glad it's not just me. Been sent home from work. Duvet, tissues and lucozade original are the order of the day!

The drugs don't work. Might try alcohol.