Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I’m with [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] here. I spend £5+ every day at work, it saves me the time of cooking up big batches of stuff and having to carry them into work on the train in the mornings. I used to also buy breakfast stuff but have recently started bringing in homemade granola (girlfriend makes it or I’d still be buying stuff) with a wee yoghurt pot. However, I also hate eatin the same things every day so the idea of making a big lasagne and eating it 3 days in a row sounds awful to me, and don’t get me started on shitehole sandwiches or cup a soup type efforts - utterly depressing.
I’m happy enough to pay for nice food tbh. I’d say it’s about 30% laziness, 70% wanting to eat nice stuff.

If you can't make better sandwiches and dinners than you can buy then there really is no hope.

Cooking batches of stuff and then freezing some is one of life's joys. No doubt you'll grow into it.

Until then, continue to throw away twenty odd quid a week (roughly a grand a year).

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

If you can't make better sandwiches and dinners than you can buy then there really is no hope.

Cooking batches of stuff and then freezing some is one of life's joys. No doubt you'll grow into it.

Until then, continue to throw away twenty odd quid a week (roughly a grand a year).

I can make stuff that’s better, but I cook dinner every night and it’s fairly time consuming, so can rarely be arsed with making more stuff to then put into wee containers to take in. I’m happy to pay £20+ a week to save myself the time of making a big pot of something and rationing it for the week, as as I said I despise eating the same thing every day so the ‘cook a big batch and use it for the week’ route would be hell to me.

I can make stuff that’s better, but I cook dinner every night and it’s fairly time consuming, so can rarely be arsed with making more stuff to then put into wee containers to take in. I’m happy to pay £20+ a week to save myself the time of making a big pot of something and rationing it for the week, as as I said I despise eating the same thing every day so the ‘cook a big batch and use it for the week’ route would be hell to me.

You don't need to use it for a week. Have it the next lunch and that's it.

It's also not about making big pots of stuff, just an extra portion.

16 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

14 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Just wait until you have teenagers at school.  It's easier now that my eldest is away on France on her gap year but my remaining two have diametrically opposite views on lunch.  My 15 daughter refuses to take anything with her and insists on walking in to town for a 'meal deal' even though it comes out of her allowance.  My 17 son is happy to take food 'put into wee containers' as it saves him cash he can later lavish on his current squeeze.  One wants to look independent and the other wants to get his hole.  I respect both.

Me?  I either take stuff I made at home or buy sandwiches.  I don't care that much as it's only lunch.

23 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

So I’d be eating the same thing I’d had for dinner the next day for lunch? I like variety, that sounds repetitive and dull to me.

As this seems to have turned into a depressing lunch contest, a boy I worked with years ago used to buy himself a £1 Farmfoods 4-pack of microwave burgers every couple of days. He'd bring one into work for lunch and had another one for dinner when he got home (so he said). Repeat every day for the year I knew him.

Bound to be dead by now, surely. From constipation, if nothing else.

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

As this seems to have turned into a depressing lunch contest, a boy I worked with years ago used to buy himself a £1 Farmfoods 4-pack of microwave burgers every couple of days. He'd bring one into work for lunch and had another one for dinner when he got home (so he said). Repeat every day for the year I knew him.

Bound to be President of the USA by now, surely. 

FTFY

Bus journeys and the annoying old c***s you encounter on them.

Who inevitably don't have payment ready, don't know where the bus is going so have to ask the driver and instead of sitting in the seats reserved for them at the front of the bus dodder up the back.

Who inevitably don't have payment ready, don't know where the bus is going so have to ask the driver and instead of sitting in the seats reserved for them at the front of the bus dodder up the back.

The same 2 have been dishing out the shite weather patter to everyone that's got between Montrose and Dundee, I hope the bus brakes sharply as they're walking down the steps.