Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm not commenting on the Throbber situation tbf. I take issue with the "Chinese food is for sharing".
As Pandarilla pointed out, as long as everyone understands the score. Whe me and Mrs B get a chinese we will just get and eat our own thing.

Occasionally though if some family are round for one we will just all pick something but it will just all lie on the table for us all to get a wee bit of each. Perfectly normal, and sociable and certainly wouldnt take the form of someone "reaching over to take a bit of my dinner".

Are there folk who think it works by helping yourself off eachothers plates? [emoji23]

Chinese restaurant is fine to share, normally with a banquet for how many are there, spinny table, beers, conversation etc. Takeaway Chinese imho is f**k off and eat what you ordered, the “ooo can I try that, it looks nice” fuckers can piss right off. 

As Pandarilla pointed out, as long as everyone understands the score. Whe me and Mrs B get a chinese we will just get and eat our own thing.

Occasionally though if some family are round for one we will just all pick something but it will just all lie on the table for us all to get a wee bit of each. Perfectly normal, and sociable and certainly wouldnt take the form of someone "reaching over to take a bit of my dinner".

Are there folk who think it works by helping yourself off eachothers plates? [emoji23]
It doesn't need to be that literal. But if I ordered something and someone said "that looks nice, I'll have some" they'd be told where to go.

I'm not commenting on the Throbber situation tbf. I take issue with the "Chinese food is for sharing".
Food is done best when it's shared with good company.

It's always been this way for humans, and Chinese takeaway is no different.

It doesn't need to be that literal. But if I ordered something and someone said "that looks nice, I'll have some" they'd be told where to go.
Aye, if it wasn't previously understood that that's what was happening then of course...

Chinese restaurant is fine to share, normally with a banquet for how many are there, spinny table, beers, conversation etc. Takeaway Chinese imho is f**k off and eat what you ordered, the “ooo can I try that, it looks nice” fuckers can piss right off. 
There's no difference, if you set it up properly, and folk ken what's happening.

Ultimately it comes back to that thing we're taught as children, that it's good to share.

Food is done best when it's shared with good company.

It's always been this way for humans, and Chinese takeaway is no different.
Nah I'll choose what I want and other folk can keep their manky prawns and spicy food to themselves.

Nah I'll choose what I want and other folk can keep their manky prawns and spicy food to themselves.
Oh you don't like prawns? You should have said so at the start. That way we would have known to ignore anything you say on the subject of food, since your tastebuds are evidently broken.

Oh you don't like prawns? You should have said so at the start. That way we would have known to ignore anything you say on the subject of food, since your tastebuds are evidently broken.
**really wishes he didn't enjoy mango pizza so he could use it against you**

32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I would be embarrassed for someone leaning over and trying to grab my food. Order what you want to eat and eat it. Why on earth would you order something and then assume you'll be helping yourself to other people's food? On this issue, absolutely! I'm not commenting on the Throbber situation tbf. I take issue with the "Chinese food is for sharing".

Because it's not other people's food until its on their plate. 

I'd genuinely never considered the possibility that people might order chinese or indian food as part of a group but just for themselves. 

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I’m only here til Thursday then probably won’t be back til Christmas

"I want my turkey, mash, roast potatoes, sprouts, stuffing and chipolatas on six separate plates, with the cranberry sauce in a small bowl at the side."

56 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Ultimately it comes back to that thing we're taught as children, that it's good to share.

I wasn’t an only child, nor was I the oldest,  it was kill or be killed at meal times. All my mother taught me was better luck next time 

5 hours ago, coprolite said:

Chinese is for sharing. People that think their choice is their "own" meal generally have few social skills and poor personal hygeine. Always the same ones who come out with "mine was £5.95 and i put in £6"

Fūck off. There is nothing worse, and I include aids and paedophilia in this, than people taking a "wee bit of yours".

Order the food you want and eat it yourself. You can't have some of my chips, rice, naan or any other side I have ordered. I did so because I'm hungry, not to give it away.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson