Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Ach he's alright. I really enjoy the programme. Although there are some right random "celebs" on it e.g. who's that Steptoe impersonator Grace Dent this week? 

Grace Dent reviews restaurants for The Grauniad and probably does other shite. 

4 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

There's someone on here who posts in the Masterchef threads that absolutely adores Grace Dent. I can't remember who it is, but I'm sure he'll be along to tell you how wrong you are about her at some point 🤣

@Bairnardo

8 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

There's someone on here who posts in the Masterchef threads that absolutely adores Grace Dent. I can't remember who it is, but I'm sure he'll be along to tell you how wrong you are about her at some point 🤣

I know I shouldn’t, but I absolutely adore Grace Dent too.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

I know I shouldn’t, but I absolutely adore Grace Dent too.

Only seen her on this week's shows but doesn't lift my kilt in any way. Presumably she has a way with words when it comes to food as she lacks any humour and looks awful.

Edited by jimbaxters

Leaving the car park at work yesterday, I went over a speed bump. Felt a bang, and saw a coil spring in my rear view mirror. The left rear one snapped clean off. 

Drove home doing 50 on the motorway, and the garage says it'll be 2 weeks before they can fit it in. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Leaving the car park at work yesterday, I went over a speed bump. Felt a bang, and saw a coil spring in my rear view mirror. The left rear one snapped clean off. 

Drove home doing 50 on the motorway, and the garage says it'll be 2 weeks before they can fit it in. 

C***s on the road thread for this pish

53 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Do it yourself.

On 15/01/2023 at 13:16, tongue_tied_danny said:

Fairy lights piss me off.

I'm always mildly irritated when I visit a pub or restaurant that has a string of fairy lights draped across a window or along the edge of the ceiling.

It just looks tacky as f**k. 

All that shite should have come down during the first week of this month.

Around the 5th or 6th is the maximum that should be allowed.

Anyone who still has their christmas shite up now should be looked upon with narrowing eyed suspicion and knowing slow nods that tell them that we know what they are up to.

3 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

All that shite should have come down during the first week of this month.

Around the 5th or 6th is the maximum that should be allowed.

Anyone who still has their christmas shite up now should be looked upon with narrowing eyed suspicion and knowing slow nods that tell them that we know what they are up to.

To be honest, I cannot imagine what circumstance would make this OK at any time.