Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Harry and Meghan in the news a bit the now, but the impartial BBC done what was basically a hit piece on Meghan lastnight.

Existance of the royals is one, them being in the news is two, the ongoing minter people are willing to make of themselves with Meghan Markle is three PTTGOMN

1 hour ago, KnightswoodVanBear said:

The Skoda adverts on the radio just now.  It doesn't matter how many times you say "Shkoda", no c**t is going to start calling them that.

Gerard Butler will start doing it now that he's inherited Sean Connerys accent.

On 30/08/2022 at 10:43, Trackdaybob said:

Wow!! You know nothing about pizza either. 

I guess you think Dominos just need to try harder. 

no such thing as bad pizza. Only tiered levels of better pizza. 

Edited by KingRocketman II
should have posted this in unpopular opinions

22 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

My flatmate's recipe for homemade pizza was puff pastry with a smear of tomato puree (out of a tube, not like he blitzed fresh tomatoes) and cheddar on top. 

You could argue it wasn't pizza at all but if it was, it was bad pizza. 

On 29/08/2022 at 18:33, Mr. Alli said:

It's Monday so I never make lunch for work. 

Every burger van shut and it took me until about the fifth or six one I passed to remember it was a bank holiday. Had to have a McDonalds *sad face*.

Drove back to office in Dyce after it and burger van outside it was open cos she was shut for two weeks the last fortnight. She does damage chilli and chips too. *Double sad face*.

Don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a Thai van over in Howe Moss Avenue. Would recommend.

14 hours ago, HailHailHayley said:

Tell me you've never had Papa Johns without telling me you've never had Papa Johns.

I've had the (mis)pleasure of sampling papa johns in the uk and america. Shite on all counts. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

Incorrect. 

If every pizza was in the Premiership, papa johns is still national league north standard. Shite on all counts. 

53 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:
1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

An absolute myth. Why would pizza be different from any other food?

am not sure my statement is widely held or believed. It is my view based on eating the flimsiest of frozen "pizzas" and living in Italy for 4 years. You won't be surprised to hear my view is not shared with many/any Italian I know. 

25 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

I've had the (mis)pleasure of sampling papa johns in the uk and america. Shite on all counts. 

Incorrect. 

If every pizza was in the Premiership, papa johns is still national league north standard. Shite on all counts. 

that English football yer talking about? Maybe better to use Seria A and the Terza Categoria. 

I pretty much like all pizza. Same for sushi. No such thing as bad sushi either in my view ha. 

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

My flatmate's recipe for homemade pizza was puff pastry with a smear of tomato puree (out of a tube, not like he blitzed fresh tomatoes) and cheddar on top. 

You could argue it wasn't pizza at all but if it was, it was bad pizza. 

that's like baking a cake or making some toast with toppings and then referring to it as pizza : ))

3 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

that's like baking a cake or making some toast with toppings and then referring to it as pizza : ))

My other flatmate at the same flat put a pizza from the garage in the oven but forgot/was too stupid to remove the foam plastic disc, which melted on to the oven and into his pizza. He picked off what he could and ate the rest. 

am not sure my statement is widely held or believed. It is my view based on eating the flimsiest of frozen "pizzas" and living in Italy for 4 years. You won't be surprised to hear my view is not shared with many/any Italian I know. 

"No such thing as bad pizza" is a pretty common thing for folk to say, probably stemming from whoever first said "sex is like pizza, even when it's bad it's good".

Of course some pizza can be bad, if it has out of date or poor quality ingredients, it's under/over cooked, if bad flavour combinations are used. Again, why should pizza be different from any other food?

No, having lived in Italy myself I'm not surprised to hear that.

In England a few years ago, I had a breakfast at Morrisons. It was great. 

Went to Morrisons in falkirk today and it was horrible. Suspicious right away as it came out the kitchen a couple of minutes after ordering. Everything cold, undercooked and congealed. 

What happened to Levelling Up? Why do we in the North get treated so badly? 

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

In England a few years ago, I had a breakfast at Morrisons. It was great. 

Went to Morrisons in falkirk today and it was horrible. Suspicious right away as it came out the kitchen a couple of minutes after ordering. Everything cold, undercooked and congealed. 

What happened to Levelling Up? Why do we in the North get treated so badly? 

Hope you complained, you got a lazy chef. I rarely do but I would with that, no excuse. The one in Inverness is still excellent.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Hope you complained, you got a lazy chef. I rarely do but I would with that, no excuse. The one in Inverness is still excellent.

I did, which is rare for me. Told the woman at the till but she just shrugged it off. 

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

"No such thing as bad pizza" is a pretty common thing for folk to say, probably stemming from whoever first said "sex is like pizza, even when it's bad it's good".

Of course some pizza can be bad, if it has out of date or poor quality ingredients, it's under/over cooked, if bad flavour combinations are used. Again, why should pizza be different from any other food?

No, having lived in Italy myself I'm not surprised to hear that.

I arrived late my first night in Sicily and found a pizza takeaway open and had the best pizza in my life. Few days later I went back and it was meh, it's luck of the draw who's working sometimes. That's a proper place though, factory pizzas like Domino are meh every time.

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Don't know if it's still there, but there used to be a Thai van over in Howe Moss Avenue. Would recommend.

Still there. Ended up going to Kebab Kuisine or something that day. 

They scanned my card twice and the food was fucking rank. Would not recommend.