Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

10 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Plantation shutters. 😬 Why do people who live in yer average modern house with modern size windows insist on installing these fvcking abominations when they block 30% of light even when the vanes are in 'open' mode due to their frame size ? Awful..........and apologies if this triggers any of our plantation-shutter-owning bourgeois posters.............

And breathe..................

Folk across the road from me have these things. They also had joiners in working in their hoose for about the past 5 years.

Im guessing it’s now a fully fledged oak panelled sex dungeon.

Folk across the road from me have these things. They also had joiners in working in their hoose for about the past 5 years.
^^^ Absolutely desperate for an invite
1661319316219.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I wouldn't be so sure. There's been Jiyners at the front of the hoose in Fintry building a three foot by three foot front porch and they've been at it about 6 weeks now. 

Alarming, IMO.

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

I wouldn't be so sure. There's been Jiyners at the front of the hoose in Fintry building a three foot by three foot front porch and they've been at it about 6 weeks now. 

Alarming, IMO.

Sex dungeon for Falkirk fans imo.

13 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You can't just put "ball" after a managers name and claim its a style of football.

The manager is subscribing to a style of football that already exists.

Only to be topped by BAZBALL, the new name for English cricket after they won a couple of games under the new management of Brendon McCullum.

Seemed to be dropped after the South Africans gave them a kicking last week.

DPD

I'm waiting on a thing to be delivered/picked up. Got a text this morning to say they'd be here between 12:35 and 1:35. At 1:28 I got a text/email saying they'd missed me and will be back tomorrow.

At about 1:22 a DPD van drove down the street and past my tenement. On the webpage for the delivery there's a picture of the front door and a fence and car in front of it, this being the only car in front of the fence and there being a gap in the fence about ten feet to the left of where the picture was taken.

Will it be bad form if the same guy turns up tomorrow, actually makes it that extra ten feet, and I call him a lazy c**t?

Not so petty, but email from the property managers at my apartment complex about the rent if I renew in November

Currently $1350/month. They want $2150/month for another 12 month lease. If I go  for 6 or less...........$2500/month

7 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

DPD

I'm waiting on a thing to be delivered/picked up. Got a text this morning to say they'd be here between 12:35 and 1:35. At 1:28 I got a text/email saying they'd missed me and will be back tomorrow.

At about 1:22 a DPD van drove down the street and past my tenement. On the webpage for the delivery there's a picture of the front door and a fence and car in front of it, this being the only car in front of the fence and there being a gap in the fence about ten feet to the left of where the picture was taken.

Will it be bad form if the same guy turns up tomorrow, actually makes it that extra ten feet, and I call him a lazy c**t?

That is strange as DPD drivers only get paid if they deliver the parcel.

19 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That is strange as DPD drivers only get paid if they deliver the parcel.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's what I was thinking but maybe the parcel weighed a ton and he couldn't be arsed.

He was delivering an empty box to put my (32 inch) telly in to take it for repairing.

1 minute ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

He was delivering an empty box to put my (32 inch) telly in to take it for repairing.

I've found collections are much more unreliable than deliveries, not sure how payments work for them.

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

DPD

Got a text right now to say between half three and half four. How do people live making so many online orders and deliveries and returns? I've spent two days doing this and I want to die

17 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Got a text right now to say between half three and half four. How do people live making so many online orders and deliveries and returns? I've spent two days doing this and I want to die

Last time I had a collection I gave up after 3 reschedules and dropped it off at a pick up point, the local Coop. I realise you need the box supplied though. 

36 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

On my day on the road collecting delivery, (perth), I always chapped the door, never do that shite you explained, however the collect side was brutal. Pickup, knock, hi here........oh sorry not ready can you give me 5 mins, nae.

or pickup, parcel not wrapped, wrapped in paper, wrapped in a way as soon as you pick up it falls out the wrapping.....

For the time that took somedays, it was worthless, as I would end up missing other deliveries.. (Remember we can only drive for so many hr) for me it was 10 hrs.

Looks like a I am here make sure your ready next time. 

I am selling some furniture on FB Marketplace, a woman had agreed to buy it and come round today but has now gone completely silent, no response to a message asking if she's still coming.  I don't even mind if she doesn't buy it, it's the weird silence that I find strange.

On 24/08/2022 at 15:31, Raidernation said:

Not so petty, but email from the property managers at my apartment complex about the rent if I renew in November

Currently $1350/month. They want $2150/month for another 12 month lease. If I go  for 6 or less...........$2500/month

Whit? How can it jump that much? Does the rent include energy bills?

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Today's guy turned up five minutes into the slot and it was away. What a system.