Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Tonight's documentary describing Fort William as "the worst team in Britain". Fort William compete in a completely different pyramid system from Wales and England. 

They probably mean worst from a morality point of view. 

Plus they are shite.

2 hours ago, Swarley said:

As someone who does graphs for a living this is an absolute abomination. Not just that 2 x 2 metrics are the same colour, but also the use of a pie chart.

What's wrong with a pie chart? They're showing proportions of a whole. Seems appropriate for the pie.  

If i seem overly confrontational it's because i fucking love pie charts. 

But i do like a more user-friendly (while still aesthetically pleasing) colour scheme. 

I don't do graphs for a living though.  Just a bit of fun. 

46 minutes ago, coprolite said:

What's wrong with a pie chart? They're showing proportions of a whole. Seems appropriate for the pie.  

But i do like a more user-friendly (while still aesthetically pleasing) colour scheme. 

S02E02-4KozrA2B-subtitled.jpg

53 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not sure what is worse - doing graphs for a living or for a bit of fun?

See also, people who stop suddenly on a path to talk or whatever, and are apparently totally unaware that they are now an obstacle.
See also, people who talk to each other in shop doorways then accuse you off being rude for asking them to move. Italy was full of such types.

Woman in front of my family at an ice cream kiosk in a park got to the front of the queue, took out her phone and dialled.  The side of the conversation i heard went:

"what you wantin? 

....ice cream..... 

.... They've got lollies or cones..... 

... Callippo,  mivvys,  magnum,  eh?.... 

.... Eh?.... 

..... Classic,  caramel or mint..... 

Eh? 

.... Vanillla,  chocolate rum and raisin,  strawberry,  cookies and cream,  raspberry ripple eh?... 

.... [to mannie,  not into phone] DI YE DAE TUBS? [back to phone] Aye they dae tubs.... 

.... Pistachio and mint choc chip.  Aye? Ok. What about mum?....

...Hi mum.  They've got chocolate...... Etc. "

At least 10 minutes for this one boot to order half a dozen ice creams.  

15 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Woman in front of my family at an ice cream kiosk in a park got to the front of the queue, took out her phone and dialled.  The side of the conversation i heard went:

"what you wantin? 

....ice cream..... 

.... They've got lollies or cones..... 

... Callippo,  mivvys,  magnum,  eh?.... 

.... Eh?.... 

..... Classic,  caramel or mint..... 

Eh? 

.... Vanillla,  chocolate rum and raisin,  strawberry,  cookies and cream,  raspberry ripple eh?... 

.... [to mannie,  not into phone] DI YE DAE TUBS? [back to phone] Aye they dae tubs.... 

.... Pistachio and mint choc chip.  Aye? Ok. What about mum?....

...Hi mum.  They've got chocolate...... Etc. "

At least 10 minutes for this one boot to order half a dozen ice creams.  

A yew years back I went to the McDonalds drive through and picked up some lunch for the wife and I. I forget exactly what, but one of the things she had asked for had sold out so I ordered something else (that she had had in the past, so I knew she liked) instead. 

When I got home, though..

"Why didn't you phone me?"

"I was at the drive through, talking into the speaker that was taking the order."

"Still could have called. Let me know what else they have." etc etc. 

Basically, I should have phoned to read out the entire menu whilst sitting at the speaker. 

3 hours ago, scottsdad said:

A yew years back I went to the McDonalds drive through and picked up some lunch for the wife and I. I forget exactly what, but one of the things she had asked for had sold out so I ordered something else (that she had had in the past, so I knew she liked) instead. 

When I got home, though..

"Why didn't you phone me?"

"I was at the drive through, talking into the speaker that was taking the order."

"Still could have called. Let me know what else they have." etc etc. 

Basically, I should have phoned to read out the entire menu whilst sitting at the speaker. 

Yeah,

'What you wanting from McDonald's?'

'What is there?'

The same stuff that has been served at McDonald's for about 40 years perhaps?

Plantation shutters. 😬 Why do people who live in yer average modern house with modern size windows insist on installing these fvcking abominations when they block 30% of light even when the vanes are in 'open' mode due to their frame size ? Awful..........and apologies if this triggers any of our plantation-shutter-owning bourgeois posters.............

And breathe..................

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

9 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Plantation shutters. 😬 Why do people who live in yer average modern house with modern size windows insist on installing these fvcking abominations when they block 30% of light even when the vanes are in 'open' mode due to their frame size ? Awful..........and apologies if this triggers any of our plantation-shutter-owning bourgeois posters.........

Almost 30 years on from being a, "plantation-shutter-owning bourgeois poster".  We owned a 4 bed modern townhouse in Twickenham in the early 90s and fitted it from top to bottom in said shutters even before they became à la mode..  Looked smart AF and, as far as light transmission goes, you can open up said shutters to have 100% light.

The small mews house I'm in the process of buying also has said shutters and I'm in two minds about replacing them.  The alternative is Roman* blinds and, while they probably look better, are less flexible than your bête noire.

*Aye, I know.

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
5 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
Families/obese couples who take up the whole pavement and make no attempt to make room for others.

See also, people who stop suddenly on a path to talk or whatever, and are apparently totally unaware that they are now an obstacle.

Yes, I always want to ask if they'd do the same thing on the road if they were driving. 

But I'm a sh*tebag and keep my mouth shut. I'm also scared they might say that yes they would

2 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Plantation shutters. 😬 Why do people who live in yer average modern house with modern size windows insist on installing these fvcking abominations when they block 30% of light even when the vanes are in 'open' mode due to their frame size ? Awful..........and apologies if this triggers any of our plantation-shutter-owning bourgeois posters.............

And breathe..................

They'll be laughing at this when 40 plus degree summers become a regular thing..