Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

As a student I watched the first series of the X Files on a b&w portable (of course I had a licence :whistle)

I think it was scarier in monochrome 

Did anyone ever move them around - mine's was stuck on the same shelf its whole life? 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Discovered that "Jaxson" is a name now.

Why?

It must have been a name for a while. Edinburgh City had a 20 year old player called Jaxon Wishart in 2015.

I put these names down to folk wanting their kids to stand out. Why be a Dave Smith (perfectly good name) in a world of Dave Smiths when you can be called Sesame Paprika Golden Wonder Smith.

3 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It must have been a name for a while. Edinburgh City had a 20 year old player called Jaxon Wishart in 2015.

I put these names down to folk wanting their kids to stand out. Why be a Dave Smith (perfectly good name) in a world of Dave Smiths when you can be called Sesame Paprika Golden Wonder Smith.

Even Jaxon is more understandable. What's the S for?

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Discovered that "Jaxson" is a name now.

Why?

because look we're giving our kid a stupid name but that's not enough it needs to be spelled in a redundant way to make it look more *~* unique *~*

We should be like one of those Nordic countries that has a list of pre approved names the government makes you choose from

2 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

because look we're giving our kid a stupid name but that's not enough it needs to be spelled in a redundant way to make it look more *~* unique *~*

We should be like one of those Nordic countries that has a list of pre approved names the government makes you choose from

I would have been happy as a Ragnar I think. 

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

They'd all be Gaelic names plus Boab and Willie.

I had Google Pay on my (android) phone. Worked fine. I had an app on the homescreen that I opened to use. 

It has vanished, replaced by Google wallet. Does the same job except the app isn't on my homescreen. To open it I need to fanny about in the settings to open the damn thing. 

22 hours ago, Raidernation said:

Because they can charge what the f**k they want apparently. And no, utilities not included.

If you can, try and find a place with an individual landlord who'll be more concerned about having a good tenant that won't trash the place as opposed to squeezing you for every penny like the management companies do. Two-flats where the landlord lives on one floor and rents out the other are ideal, but I don't know how common they are in the burbs, I'd imagine it's more single family homes. Our rent's only gone up $50 since 2016. 

10 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Sportsmen who get on their knees to thank some deity when things go their way. Yes he/she if they were real took a break causing famines and wars just to do something for you cause you're so freakin special. 

But if there is an omnipotent being guiding them then they would be able to do something special for them while at the same time still causing untold misery through war and famine etc  due to their omnipotence. 

22 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Sportsmen who get on their knees to thank some deity when things go their way. Yes he/she if they were real took a break causing famines and wars just to do something for you cause you're so freakin special. 

If there are two Christians/Muslims/Jews on opposing teams does this mean the one on the winning side is liked by Christ/Allah/Whoever more than the other one?