Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Amazon having a massive, autoplaying video advert for their new LOTR shite on their homepage

The IMDb can be awful for this now too.

Pop-up ads died on their arse about twenty years ago, but it appears that websites were just waiting for technology to make them easier to embed into the actual page and annoy the tits off you.

Not sure where this should go however, I am on a train from London to Edinburgh and the guy across from me has not one but two face masks on.

And everytime that I reach into the bag under my seat and open a beer he looks disgusted. Doesn't help that it is bottles of Corona.

Not sure where this should go however, I am on a train from London to Edinburgh and the guy across from me has not one but two face masks on.
And everytime that I reach into the bag under my seat and open a beer he looks disgusted. Doesn't help that it is bottles of Corona.
Offer him one. Let us know how it goes

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wonderful employers have decided as i have been off 4 times in a year i have to get a verbal warning,my last 2 were Covid and a cheeky wee 5 day stint in hospital.

While you shouldn't be getting a warning in the first place a verbal warning isn't worth the paper it's not written on

I’d picked a new modern outside light for the back door to replace the 24 year old one. Before I went to buy it I checked the wiring to the existing light and found it’s double insulated, so the cable coming out of the wall doesn’t have an earth wire, and surprise surprise the new light I was going to get is a class 1 light so has to be earthed. The only double insulated lights I can see in Screwfix, B&Q etc. are old fashioned ones like the one I want to replace.

19 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wonderful employers have decided as i have been off 4 times in a year i have to get a verbal warning,my last 2 were Covid and a cheeky wee 5 day stint in hospital.

I've been there. I was put on an improvement program due to my "behaviour" after three spells of illness (without sick pay) within a year. I was informed about all of the "help" I'd be given on this program, only for my boss to f**k off for three months and return with a form to sign confirming that the program was over. It makes it more annoying when you know your absence cost the business nothing, but policy dictates that you need your knuckles rapped regardless. I had to arrange my own cover, FFS.

Anyway, I hope you've learned your lesson and won't be letting your employer down in such a fashion again, you slugabed.

52 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I've been there. I was put on an improvement program due to my "behaviour" after three spells of illness (without sick pay) within a year. I was informed about all of the "help" I'd be given on this program, only for my boss to f**k off for three months and return with a form to sign confirming that the program was over. It makes it more annoying when you know your absence cost the business nothing, but policy dictates that you need your knuckles rapped regardless. I had to arrange my own cover, FFS.

Anyway, I hope you've learned your lesson and won't be letting your employer down in such a fashion again, you slugabed.

It hasn't worked

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

I didn't get paid at first but i appealed and got the money within 2 days(we get 85%) I don't think the supervisor wanted to issue the warning but his hands were tied,2 off my sick periods drop off at the end of this month anyway.

I didn't get paid at first but i appealed and got the money within 2 days(we get 85%) I don't think the supervisor wanted to issue the warning but his hands were tied,2 off my sick periods drop off at the end of this month anyway.
First week of October "booked" off?

45 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:
1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

First week of October "booked" off?

I am on annual leave for a week in Oct so i am good😉

22 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I'm always amazed at the return to work interview process.

'Could you have prevented your absence?'

'Well in this case I have Monkey Pox, so not fucking primates might have helped'

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'm always amazed at the return to work interview process.

'Could you have prevented your absence?'

'Well in this case I have Monkey Pox, so not fucking primates might have helped'

Well i did lose 2 and a half pints of blood,but if they brought me a trolley i could have done some deliveries in the hospital as i only had 2 drips in one arm.But they never asked so their fault IMHO.

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Footballers, during set plays and warm ups seems to be the time for this, pulling their shorts up from the bottom. Why?

On this subject, also footballers lying around the pitch after losing a run of the mill game in September with the same sort of dejection you used to see on a team which had lost a cup final on penalties. Fooling absolutely no one. 

1 hour ago, Day of the Lords said:

On this subject, also footballers lying around the pitch after losing a run of the mill game in September with the same sort of dejection you used to see on a team which had lost a cup final on penalties. Fooling absolutely no one. 

TBF they might be on a big win bonus

On 02/09/2022 at 16:20, The Skelpit Lug said:

If you mean hotels, would it not come from having to physically sign the guest registration book? 

Book in? Check in? Sign in? 

Well confusing.

Thank f*** we aren't getting into Europe. 

To be fair Utds late brevity charge was enough for me! 🤪

22 hours ago, BFTD said:

I refuse to let The Man tell me when and where I'm allowed to take my pants off!  :angry:

My sleep deprived morning brain read that as "I used to let he-man take my pants off!"

Anyway, my petty thing that annoys me today is when you get this sort of forecast on the BBC weather.

We all know that we're not getting three days of spectacular thunder and lightning, just tell us straight up that its going to piss with rain three days in a row, you c***s.

Screenshot_20220904-072130_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Rizzo