Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

47 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

All that shite should have come down during the first week of this month.

Around the 5th or 6th is the maximum that should be allowed.

Anyone who still has their christmas shite up now should be looked upon with narrowing eyed suspicion and knowing slow nods that tell them that we know what they are up to.

6th January is Twelfth Night which is supposed to be the very last day for them.

On 15/01/2023 at 13:16, tongue_tied_danny said:

Fairy lights piss me off.

I'm always mildly irritated when I visit a pub or restaurant that has a string of fairy lights draped across a window or along the edge of the ceiling.

It just looks tacky as f**k. 

Went to my old local a few years back and sat next to the window where they had fairy lights hung up across the window but they had them set to flash. We turned them off and the barmaid came running across and said we couldn’t do that as it would spoil the atmosphere. Wouldn’t even compromise to change it to set them to just be on, they had to be flashing away for the “atmoshphere” 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Went to my old local a few years back and sat next to the window where they had fairy lights hung up across the window but they had them set to flash. We turned them off and the barmaid came running across and said we couldn’t do that as it would spoil the atmosphere. Wouldn’t even compromise to change it to set them to just be on, they had to be flashing away for the “atmoshphere” 

I hope you then got up and walk out because you don’t like the “atmoshphere”?

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Should have faked an epileptic fit after she put them back on.

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

6th January is Twelfth Night which is supposed to be the very last day for them.

The traditional time to take decorations down is actually Candlemas on 2nd February. Which makes sense because January is just as miserable and dark as December:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/holydays/candlemas.shtml

It only got shifted to 6th January because of colonial Americans and Victorian Brits - two of the worst cultures in human history world to imitate. 

12 hours ago, approximately dave said:

All that shite should have come down during the first week of this month.

Around the 5th or 6th is the maximum that should be allowed.

Anyone who still has their christmas shite up now should be looked upon with narrowing eyed suspicion and knowing slow nods that tell them that we know what they are up to.

Orthodox Christians will be taking theirs down about now.

I've thought it would be good to celebrate the Orthodox Christmas instead of the Western one because you can get your presents cheap in the January sales

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I've thought it would be good to celebrate the Orthodox Christmas instead of the Western one because you can get your presents cheap in the January sales

Are Orthodox Christians better than Unorthodox ones?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Websites that foist nonsense password on you, in this case, a full 12 characters.

Websites that do this and don't have a reminder of their stupid password rules before you click forgot password. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

The shops are quieter as well.