Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

This pile of shite that looks to have  been abandoned on the road.

image.jpeg.2cdfaed0d062f36fb1ed01c15a4cb59a.jpeg

Number plate fell off today, an absolute tangerine fuckwit.

Thank you.

You could nick it, tow it to Edinburgh for the Fringe, and Airbnb it as 'quirky and bijou' to some daft Yanks for a grand a night.

Or just torch the piece of shit.

4 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

You could nick it, tow it to Edinburgh for the Fringe, and Airbnb it as 'quirky and bijou' to some daft Yanks for a grand a night.

Or just torch the piece of shit.

Peter Murrell's motorhome looks far less impressive than I had imagined

1 hour ago, Billy Jean King said:

I wasn't even meaning in a political sense.  It's not always reported in that context but every single cancelation or rescheduling seems to make the National bulletins yet flight and train cancellations generally don't. Perhaps I'm being naive and it is a subliminal political dig but it's tedious now.

Cancelling a ferry to/from an island means stranding folk either on/off the island affected. Cancelling a train means either a shan replacement bus service, ticket acceptance on an equally shan regular bus, or charging the taxi fare to Scotfail. 

It's pretty straightforward why one is viewed as a news story and the other is not. 

Neighbour had to phone plod, he parked it right on her bumper* (less than a centimetre of a gap) She said she checked on dvla said it should be white, not tangerine. 😃 Bold boy at the end will be well pissed off, hard to get in and out of his driveway now.

*no euph.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Cancelling a ferry to/from an island means stranding folk either on/off the island affected. Cancelling a train means either a shan replacement bus service, ticket acceptance on an equally shan regular bus, or charging the taxi fare to Scotfail. 

It's pretty straightforward why one is viewed as a news story and the other is not. 

So why aren't plane cancellations headline news or the fact ferries being cancelled has only recently become headline worthy?

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

That hesitant weird slow walk that late-middle age / recently retired couples do when they walk into a pub or restaurant.

I suspect my dog concurs, as so far they're the only type of folk he's growled at.  Shifty f***ers.

Is this when people shuffle into a business, then stop in the doorway and look around for a while like they've forgotten what they came in for, and maybe have a quick chat about it while the wife rummages through her handbag to find their brain tablets? Meanwhile there's a queue building up behind them until someone asks them to move, at which point they look shocked and occasionally annoyed to discover that that other people exist in the physical dimension they've recently teleported into.

Personally, I'm always very aware that I should try to keep public walkways clear, just in case I ever find myself in front of, for example, a seething and increasingly impatient heavy-set giant in an Alloa Athletic shirt.

When people involve you in their drama and you don’t even know them.I had a random send  a message request on social media earlier,never met or heard of her in my life however she seemed to think I’d want a live Q&A with her.

“hey girl! Im ****** from ***** you don’t know me but I’m wondering how you know this person,your name came up in conversation I’d appreciate it if you didn’t tell them I messaged…” 

My initial thought was why aren’t you asking the person that brought up my name?

15 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

That hesitant weird slow walk that late-middle age / recently retired couples do when they walk into a pub or restaurant.

I suspect my dog concurs, as so far they're the only type of folk he's growled at.  Shifty f***ers.

Maybe they're used to Brewers Fayre and are waiting to be seated by their host, not realising that your downmarket Wetherspoons has an every man for himself policy? 

8 hours ago, Empty It said:

So why aren't plane cancellations headline news or the fact ferries being cancelled has only recently become headline worthy?

Exactly. It's the fact news outlets never used to bat an eyelid at a ferry cancellation. Abd as if to reinforce it BBC Scotland on breakfast this morning leading on.........yip another ferry (non) story.

9 hours ago, Empty It said:

A flight to fucking Malaga is not public transport infrastructure to the extent as ferry links within Scotland and disastrous ferry cancellations have always been headline worthy. 

The reason why there are more headlines about ferries being cancelled is because more of them are being cancelled (because 'repurposed for use on other routes' and running tinpot, one boat services still = cancelled). That's because Cal Mac and Ferguson's Shipbuilders are two completely incompetent organisations, working together for maximum disruption. 

I can't help but think that there's a rather straightforward solution to this terrible injustice of crap services being highlighted for being crap by the nasty media. 

Edited by vikingTON

33 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Exactly. It's the fact news outlets never used to bat an eyelid at a ferry cancellation. Abd as if to reinforce it BBC Scotland on breakfast this morning leading on.........yip another ferry (non) story.

Todays story is from a Lib Dem FOI request about........maintenance costs over the last 5 years in Cal Mac.

Apparently this is "news".

BBC Scotland (and particularly breakfast) are unlistenable now, its like the aural Daily Express.

27 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's these little calculations that blow my mind.  

Was just catching up on the final episode of Race Across the World last night, where the stat that got me was the finish point on the East coast of Canada is closer to Dublin, than it is to where the contestants started on the West coast of Canada.

29 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Todays story is from a Lib Dem FOI request about........maintenance costs over the last 5 years in Cal Mac.

Apparently this is "news".

BBC Scotland (and particularly breakfast) are unlistenable now, its like the aural Daily Express.

Tbf that's because they don't have enough journalists, so the journalists they have rely on low hanging fruit. I agree an FOI is hardly news it's more accurately olds given it stuff happend in the past that's been published by the government.

I think someone at the Beeb has decided they need ferry stories and instead of getting out, maybe getting an undercover journo into the ship building site they are reporting useless information.