Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I don't hate tea and coffee. I just don't like them, or indeed hot drinks in general.

I actually love the smell of freshly brewing/brewed coffee and love the smell of the tea aisles in supermarkets, but absolutely not a fan of the drinks and think many of the rituals around them are odd.

What about iced coffee? I didn't think I'd like it, but started it on holiday in Turkey. 

On 20/07/2023 at 13:19, Zetterlund said:

I had this recently with a new bit of equipment at work.

Turned it on for the first time and got a rapidly flashing red light. Checked manual, flashing red = ok, solid green = fault.

As if life isn't complicated enough.

We had new consumer unit fitted a few years back and I was completely confused by Red = Circuit On / Green = Circuit Off.

When was this non-intuitive nonsense instigated ?

3 hours ago, BTFD said:

Ice-T?

3 hours ago, Brother Blades said:

Liked his early stuff. 

Somewhat related to this. I was going upto Rothes last week and drove through Oldmeldrum High Street with this blaring :

An old woman come out the shop and started giving it the head nod and gangster signs and we shared a good laugh.

It's things like that that keep me in this job. :lol:

Edit : very much not a PTTGOMN but I thought I'd share as you both reminded me of it.

Edited by Derry Alli

54 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Somewhat related to this. I was going upto Rothes last week and drove through Oldmeldrum High Street with this blaring :

An old woman come out the shop and started giving it the head nod and gangster signs and we shared a good laugh.

It's things like that that keep me in this job. :lol:

Edit : very much not a PTTGOMN but I thought I'd share as you both reminded me of it.

I have been listening to a lot of NWA and Public Enemy lately, some really superb stuff.

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I have been listening to a lot of NWA and Public Enemy lately, some really superb stuff.

Used NWA’s music to prep for meetings when I was a Stop Steward. Rolling into the facility bumping “F**k tha Police” or something else from Straight Outta Compton always got me in the correct mindset for dealing with management stupidity.

13 hours ago, TxRover said:

Used NWA’s music to prep for meetings when I was a Stop Steward. Rolling into the facility bumping “F**k tha Police” or something else from Straight Outta Compton always got me in the correct mindset for dealing with management stupidity.

That's the strength of street knowledge.