Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

The size of the font on these placename roadsigns.  It's for a village, not a place the size of Birmingham.

Screenshot_20231126-092919.thumb.png.3fa9bbf13d29a35948b38999398b47f8.png

That's just so toonsers get a warning that they have came off at the wrong slip road

Anyways just spent the last 3 hours of my life fighting with a printer to scan a couple of documents that had decided it didn't want to connect to the network 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Anyways just spent the last 3 hours of my life fighting with a printer to scan a couple of documents that had decided it didn't want to connect to the network 

When I've had that trouble it's usually worked using a phone instead of the laptop.

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Every car I have ever owned only seems to be able to hold 4.5 litres of washer fluid leaving me to just pour the rest on the windscreen or on the road.

Could you not just put the cap back on and put it in the boot for when you use another half litre or so ?

24 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Every car I have ever owned only seems to be able to hold 4.5 litres of washer fluid leaving me to just pour the rest on the windscreen or on the road.

19 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

Could you not just put the cap back on and put it in the boot for when you use another half litre or so ?

Completely agree.  What an utterly weird statement.

56 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

It's the same with toilet roll.  There are hunners of sheets but you only need a few- all the rest end up in the bin ...it's so annoying

* I assume the OP is taking the piss.....can't be a serious comment......is it?

59 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

You need to give the engine some revs to get the washer fluid moving through the pipes, then you'll be able to add the remainder. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

Just need some to evaporate then you can fit the rest in. You could maybe speed the process up by having your windows down and the heating... ach never mind, you should know by now.

Edited by 'WellDel

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

My MOT guy does mine, no idea what he does with the rest.

7 hours ago, stanton said:

What’s more annoying is, every time I put my car in for a service, I always fill the washer bottle up to the top, and they still charge me for washer fluid 

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

If ever there was a thread to bring out the OsFTW, it's this one.

On 24/11/2023 at 20:39, FK1Bairn said:

People who walk along busy streets having video calls with friends/family and stop in front of you then stare as if it's your fault you've walked into them. 

Also people who insist on having confidential work calls on busy trains. 

If they really concentrating on their phone it is sometimes possible to stop, 

let them approach within 4 paces, they you shout 'Oooohhh' at them.

Have managed to make three idiots drop their phones so far.