Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Failure at every turn. Perhaps the funniest episode of a serious show I've ever seen. 'There's no 'E', John'. 'There are only two 'E's', John', 'There isn't an 'A', John'.

At one point it takes him a properly agonising 10 seconds to choose a letter.

In one of the many rounds he lost his word was 'GRANT', the only reason being that the letters came out something like 'XDEFGRANT'.

His family must have sent him on a bus down to Countdown because they couldn't afford to stick him in a home.

edit - The woman he was playing had a bit of a shocker as well after Oor John had already failed miserably. The nearest she got was 100 away from the correct number, although it was just a mistake. Then in the final numbers game Oor John was 7 or 8 away. I mean, what's the fucking point?

Oh aye, I forgot about GRANT. When the letters came out you just knew that was what he was going to say.

I genuinely don't think he'd ever seen the show in his life before.

"Pick your numbers, John"

"Two small ones, two middling ones and two big ones". Wot?

And what was his opponents Whitehall patter at the numbers all about?

And the guest's shite story with no punchline about cutting up a dress?

What a bizarre episode.

Craigkillie managed to get "seething" and "clitoris" when he was on Countdown.

I'd like the chance to suggest "clitoral" as in pertaining to the clitoris, so they'd have to get the big dictionary out and I might find out what it's for.

Spending ages filling in an online job application page only for it to wipe the lot when you hit the 'Save for later' button. :angry:

Don't worry, you'll get the chance to fill the same information again, again, on a 4 page form at the interview ;)

The "like us to win" competitions on Facebook where they ask for a simple answer to question. People go on to say "aww my children would live this" or "had such a hard time lately this would be brighten my day/week/year". They seem to think that this will give them a better chance........ fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkk right off - if a sound bar or food processor will brighten things up then you've not had a hard time - wankers.