Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yeah and the worse part of it all is they then claim that they can't give you a better deal. Which is obviously crap. I guess they've realised that people are going to be switching contracts every 2/3 years now anyway and there's no point I lowering prices. Which seems stupid. I think my contract with T-Mobile (Ee really) ends in 6 months, be interacting what they say, because my phone (iPhone 5s) is still as good as the day I got it and I can't be bothered changing it. Still I always did like a haggle!

Chuggers. Managed to get stopped by three today. It really irritates me how fakely interested they are in mundane tasks.

'What you doing today?'

'Need to buy toothpaste.'

'Oh that's amazing, I actually ran out of toothpaste last week and had to buy some too, wow, wonderful.'

Tempted to say the most ludicrous thing I can think of next time I get stopped by a chugger to see if they still maintain their faux interest.

'A communist themed orgy? Wow, fantastic, always wanted to go to one of those.' Creeps.

Yeah and the worse part of it all is they then claim that they can't give you a better deal. Which is obviously crap. I guess they've realised that people are going to be switching contracts every 2/3 years now anyway and there's no point I lowering prices. Which seems stupid. I think my contract with T-Mobile (Ee really) ends in 6 months, be interacting what they say, because my phone (iPhone 5s) is still as good as the day I got it and I can't be bothered changing it. Still I always did like a haggle!

Except it isn't.

The prices you get quoted in store are the absolute best in store staff can do, regardless of what network you're with.

The problem these days are consumers who feel they are entitled to something because they've been with a company x amount of years.

Edited by The Lochend Brazil

Except it isn't.

The prices you get quoted in store are the absolute best in store staff can do, regardless of what network you're with.

The problem these days are consumers who feel they are entitled to something because they've been with a company x amount of years.

I was more meaning in relation to when you see a deal from the same company that's lower and then they refuse to accept and honour that.

I agree with the entitlement stuff, that's pure fantasy in reality and something nobody should ever expect. Loyalty doesn't exist any more at the end of the day.

I find it odd that companies wont price match better deals that you can find, most generally want to keep your custom, but hey it's their loss. I'll always let them know the offer I can get and see if my current company will match it. If they can offer close enough I'll usually accept it to avoid the hassle of moving, but if not - see ya.

I was more meaning in relation to when you see a deal from the same company that's lower and then they refuse to accept and honour that.

I agree with the entitlement stuff, that's pure fantasy in reality and something nobody should ever expect. Loyalty doesn't exist any more at the end of the day.

Well at the end of the day, if you're getting a deal on EE, regardless of where it's from, you're staying on EE.

It's ridiculous at times and it's something in store staff get all the time but ultimately have no answer for.

How come it's more expensive to get an O2 tariff from O2 than it is to get an O2 tariff from Carphone Warehouse?

Genuinely cannot answer that. Networks try to sell the benefits of dealing exclusively with the network whereas CPW and formerly P4U make a loss on their handsets by offering them on lower tariffs. It's to keep the market competitive and give consumers a choice I guess.

It's infuriating they don't let go of these 'agreements' and let store staff deal with it but that's the way it is for now.

Chuggers. Managed to get stopped by three today. It really irritates me how fakely interested they are in mundane tasks.

'What you doing today?'

'Need to buy toothpaste.'

'Oh that's amazing, I actually ran out of toothpaste last week and had to buy some too, wow, wonderful.'

Tempted to say the most ludicrous thing I can think of next time I get stopped by a chugger to see if they still maintain their faux interest.

'A communist themed orgy? Wow, fantastic, always wanted to go to one of those.' Creeps.

What the f**k is a "chugger"? I've only ever heard of "having a chug/chugging" as meaning having a w**k.

How come it's more expensive to get an O2 tariff from O2 than it is to get an O2 tariff from Carphone Warehouse?

Commission, it's like comparison websites, they charge extra so they make money.

This may be petty to most but it does wind me up no end. As I live a very mundane life, I always take sandwiches to work for my lunch. It seems that nowadays, no matter where I buy the bread, it always seems like it is almost stale and almost ready for the bin. It doesn't matter if I get the bread from the top, middle, bottom, front or back of the baskets, it always seems the same. It almost seems as if it has been frozen previously. There is sometimes nothing worse at lunchtime than a piece of bread breaking up in your hands and all the filling going everywhere.

This may be petty to most but it does wind me up no end. As I live a very mundane life, I always take sandwiches to work for my lunch. It seems that nowadays, no matter where I buy the bread, it always seems like it is almost stale and almost ready for the bin. It doesn't matter if I get the bread from the top, middle, bottom, front or back of the baskets, it always seems the same. It almost seems as if it has been frozen previously. There is sometimes nothing worse at lunchtime than a piece of bread breaking up in your hands and all the filling going everywhere.

Warburtons is your answer.