Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just found out an offer we put in for a house hasn't been successful. Put the offer in last Wednesday and presumed we hadn't heard because of the bank holidays. Turns out the very same day we put in an offer the seller accepted another offer and their solicitor didn't bother to tell our solicitor or allow us to put in a second offer.

Lovely house it was as well :(

Work colleagues who leave their desks immediately after phoning and leaving a message asking for someone to call them back. Without fail the person calls back straight away and a series of pointless message taking ensues. Just hang around for 5 minutes FFS, or even better send an e-mail and ask them to call back when you know you will be at your fecking desk!

The main stairwell in the office is closed for the week so that it can be painted. Fair enough, so now the 2 Gaelic-speaking lifts are being used constantly.

The real issue came up when I went to go for a shit to find out of the 2 cubicles on the first floor, to find one out of order and the other resembling a bucking bronco as soon as arse touches pan. Unless you sit completely still on it you'll be spinning like a 12" on the liberally attached toilet. This adds valuable minutes onto an undeclared shitebreak as I now have to take the painfully slow lift downstairs to find a comfortable toilet and not something I'm particularly happy with.

The main stairwell in the office is closed for the week so that it can be painted. Fair enough, so now the 2 Gaelic-speaking lifts are being used constantly.

The real issue came up when I went to go for a shit to find out of the 2 cubicles on the first floor, to find one out of order and the other resembling a bucking bronco as soon as arse touches pan. Unless you sit completely still on it you'll be spinning like a 12" on the liberally attached toilet. This adds valuable minutes onto an undeclared shitebreak as I now have to take the painfully slow lift downstairs to find a comfortable toilet and not something I'm particularly happy with.

Shite in the lift.

Shite in the lift.

Disgusting suggestion.

You shite in a rubbish bin, put that in the lift, and send it down to the floor with the nice lavvies. The folk down there will ken what to do.

The pay dates at work being changed. As from next month we'll be going from being paid every 4 weeks to getting paid the last Friday of every month, which will include a few five week months as well.

Not so sure that'll be a problem for much longer TBH.

Trying to work out what kind of "meat" is in this Chinese "Chicken" Satay.

I used to eat from a Chinese that was right next door to a vets. I'm sure they had a little deal going on as some of the meat was definitely of dubious origin. Always delicious though.

Trying to work out what kind of "meat" is in this Chinese "Chicken" Satay.

Leftovers from last Autumn's fatal fire at The Canton in Alloa?

Just kidding; nobody died. Nobody human, anyway.

There are humans in Alloa?

I thought they all escaped.

They tell me that the natives are genetically identical to homo sapiens. It took a while, but I can see it now. Either that or I've been infected.

Still not convinced by Falkirk, however.

Falkirk is a paradise.

No quite but it's alright! We have Kelpies you know.

Aye, so I keep hearing. Not sure what they are, but it sounds like another term for the Duke of Argylls to me.