Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This may be petty to most but it does wind me up no end. As I live a very mundane life, I always take sandwiches to work for my lunch. It seems that nowadays, no matter where I buy the bread, it always seems like it is almost stale and almost ready for the bin. It doesn't matter if I get the bread from the top, middle, bottom, front or back of the baskets, it always seems the same. It almost seems as if it has been frozen previously. There is sometimes nothing worse at lunchtime than a piece of bread breaking up in your hands and all the filling going everywhere.

Always keep your sandwich in the fridge.

This may be petty to most but it does wind me up no end. As I live a very mundane life, I always take sandwiches to work for my lunch. It seems that nowadays, no matter where I buy the bread, it always seems like it is almost stale and almost ready for the bin. It doesn't matter if I get the bread from the top, middle, bottom, front or back of the baskets, it always seems the same. It almost seems as if it has been frozen previously. There is sometimes nothing worse at lunchtime than a piece of bread breaking up in your hands and all the filling going everywhere.

Try checking the date on them.

Didn't get the job I went for last Thursday, took until yesterday to tell me. Even more frustrating is that I've got an interview tomorrow for another position in work and won't get feedback in time.

Didn't get the job I went for last Thursday, took until yesterday to tell me. Even more frustrating is that I've got an interview tomorrow for another position in work and won't get feedback in time.

The interview was going swimmingly until the applicant dropped his trousers and proceeded to perform 'the windmill'

A wee toot of speed will do the trick.

£3.30 for a pint can of Guinness in the stadium bar at Dumbarton. I'm starting to remember why I stopped going to home games a couple of seasons ago.

Went to the Scotland vs Tonga rugby international at Rugby Park last October.

£4.50 for a warm can of Caledonia Best. I just laughed and walked off.

Having to put up with STV Weege which takes over the HD channel.

F*** off with yer Macklin Motors, Forrest Furnishing etc... <_<

Should be Buick & Mackie Motors instead. ;)

Went to the Scotland vs Tonga rugby international at Rugby Park last October.

£4.50 for a warm can of Caledonia Best. I just laughed and walked off.

Few things are as depressing as paying £3-4 for a bottle of beer, only to see it poured into a flimsy plastic pint glass, barely filling it half way.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Just found out an offer we put in for a house hasn't been successful. Put the offer in last Wednesday and presumed we hadn't heard because of the bank holidays. Turns out the very same day we put in an offer the seller accepted another offer and their solicitor didn't bother to tell our solicitor or allow us to put in a second offer.

Lovely house it was as well :(

We were in the same situation not so long ago. Went to view a house for a second time Thursday night then put in an offer Friday morning. They had a viewer Friday morning agreed a price with the viewer and shook hands on it there and then. The person they agreed to sell the house to didn't even have their property on the market yet!

We've found another house a few weeks better which was both cheaper and in better condition so worked out alright for us in the end.

We were in the same situation not so long ago. Went to view a house for a second time Thursday night then put in an offer Friday morning. They had a viewer Friday morning agreed a price with the viewer and shook hands on it there and then. The person they agreed to sell the house to didn't even have their property on the market yet!

We've found another house a few weeks better which was both cheaper and in better condition so worked out alright for us in the end.

Very similar situation with me. Put in the offer but the seller decided to accept somebody else's simply because they were a cash buyer.

Got a larger, non-cardboard house in a better location for £20k less because of it. Dodged a bullet there looking back on it. Should have been more but the owners had to move to Oz pronto and agreed that if we met the valuation price then it was ours.

Very similar situation with me. Put in the offer but the seller decided to accept somebody else's simply because they were a cash buyer.

Got a larger, non-cardboard house in a better location for £20k less because of it. Dodged a bullet there looking back on it. Should have been more but the owners had to move to Oz pronto and agreed that if we met the valuation price then it was ours.

:huh: Did you buy my old house?

Oh, FFS. There's a picture of me on the official Alloa site looking like this guy:

452112085.jpg?v=1&g=fs1%7C0%7CISI%7C12%7

Thank God I left my hat and sieve at home.

Is it you on the bus? You're either a keen real ale drinker or intending to start a Caliphate in Alloa.