Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Maybe actually a Reason to be Cheerful seeing as it leads to me getting an extra 10 minute break at work.

I thought everybody saved it for work?

1. A few minutes extra in bed

2. Paid to shite

3. Save on bog role.

I thought everybody saved it for work?

1. A few minutes extra in bed

2. Paid to shite

3. Save on bog role.

Meh, I prefer shiting at home. I'm not a total weirdo who would refuse to go at work, (someone at my work goes home and comes back and then stays longer at the end of his shift to make the time up) but I prefer my own throne. Toilet roll is like printer paper at my work too.

Guest The Phoenix

Toilets in my work are brutal, whoevers designed it has done a horrible job, everything echoes and they're always permanently reeking...

Do my best to avoid them

Lichtie's workstation...

toilet_desk.jpg

Mobile phone operator employees.

Consumers are savvy nowadays. We do our research. I have two months left on my o2 contract, so about £65 or so to pay up before I can upgrade at the start of June. They let you upgrade early if you pay up your contract and offer a modest deduction on line rental, which would let me upgrade just now for about £45 plus whatever the new deal was.

I did a price comparison for a new iPhone 6 16GB and found a deal with EE through a third-party supplier which would give me 4G, 2GB data, Unlimited Texts and Calls, for about £55 up-front then £31.99 a month for 24 months (so about £820 all in over 2 years).

I don't particularly want to leave o2. I've been with them for my mobile since 2004, for my broadband since 2009 until 2013, for my home phone from 2010 to 2013 and Pay Monthly since 2013. But given their best deal on the iPhone 6, whether I do it now or wait two months, is £129.99 up-front followed by £41 per month for basically the same thing except 3GB data, and therefore about £1110 over the two years) it's a bit of a no-brainer to move unless o2 are willing to match it, and I'm still saving hundreds even if I do it before my contract with o2 runs out.

I get in touch with them on their online chat and explain the situation, and ask what they are willing to do to try to beat the EE/DirectMobiles.co.uk offer to make it worth my while to stay with them.

Cue prevaracation after prevaracation to try to get me to wait until June, telling me why O2 is better because of O2 Refresh (which I already understand and don't care about), trying to tell me that they were rated the best network by consumers 3 years in a row (I don't give a f**k, EE are just fine), telling me that there's no guarantee of network coverage despite the fact I live in fucking GLASGOW. Then the killer, boasting about O2 Priority Moments, the rewards scheme I have literally never used. Then just point blank refusal to do anything until June.

Total inflexibility on their part, and they've probably lost my custom because of it. £800+ of custom going to a rival. Well done them.

Guest The Phoenix

Cue prevaracation after prevaracation to try to get me to wait until June, telling me why O2 is better because of O2 Refresh (which I already understand and don't care about), trying to tell me that they were rated the best network by consumers 3 years in a row (I don't give a f**k, EE are just fine), telling me that there's no guarantee of network coverage despite the fact I live in fucking GLASGOW. Then the killer, boasting about O2 Priority Moments, the rewards scheme I have literally never used. Then just point blank refusal to do anything until June.

resized_joseph-ducreux-meme-generator-pr

^^^ Ad Lib

Yeah and the worse part of it all is they then claim that they can't give you a better deal. Which is obviously crap. I guess they've realised that people are going to be switching contracts every 2/3 years now anyway and there's no point I lowering prices. Which seems stupid. I think my contract with T-Mobile (Ee really) ends in 6 months, be interacting what they say, because my phone (iPhone 5s) is still as good as the day I got it and I can't be bothered changing it. Still I always did like a haggle!