Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Depends what your definition of 'Indie music' is.

Aye, this.

Are we talking about limp-wristed mumbling students who haven't managed to persuade their parents to buy them decent distortion pedals yet? That seemed to be the definition of 'indie' back when I almost gave a shit about such things. I only ask because these things seem to change over the years (see 'punk', for example).

TBF he's a Dundee fan and probably suffers from "wee man syndrome" as well. More to be pitied than scolded.

I thought he'd greenied that himself for a second :lol:

Promised to meet my pal, go see his flat and help him with insurance cause he's thick as mince.

Problem is I cannot be fucked leaving bed.

Stay in bed and invite him over. Insurance isn't quite as traditional an opener as plumbing, or helping to fix the cable, but the genre could probably use a shake-up anyway.

I love indie music and anyone who doesn't is a total c**t in my books.

Basshunter was quailty.

ImageUploadedByPie & Bovril1427761954.573069.jpg

The Courteeners and The View are absolutely fantastic!!! My days of listening to Guetta and the likes are in the past

They're both mediocre, nondescript rock bands that are mostly listened to by idiots or teenage girls thinking they're 'pure indie'.

I'm sure the guy from The Courteeners is boabying Hayley McQueen though, jammy p***k.

Gareth on fine form in here.

Regarding indie landfill shite from the 05-09 period where its popularity was at its peak and when I listened to it, I only have the View's first album and nothing from the Courteeners, so they must both be especially dreadful.

Some w****r scratched the bonnet of my car and I decided as they didn't look very deep I'd try washing it and trying to buff them out.

This is the first time I've cleaned my own car for about 10 years. Halfway through washing it and the fucking heavens open after it being a beautiful morning.

Some w****r scratched the bonnet of my car and I decided as they didn't look very deep I'd try washing it and trying to buff them out.

This is the first time I've cleaned my own car for about 10 years. Halfway through washing it and the fucking heavens open after it being a beautiful morning.

The question is, what did your valet do that made you sack him (and subsequently key your car) in the first place?

Gareth on fine form in here.

Regarding indie landfill shite from the 05-09 period where its popularity was at its peak and when I listened to it, I only have the View's first album and nothing from the Courteeners, so they must both be especially dreadful.

Go and download St Jude.

Hungover train journey home there was absolute torture. Coming from Aberdeen by masel I decided to sit at a table. Train was dead and there was hunners of seats and other tables so thought I'd be fine. Don't usually mind sitting with folk but these 4 weegies got on at Stonehaven, just back from a caravan holiday.

A mum who was a total jakey reeking of stale smoke and booze, a young girl who was really actually well behaved and proper spoken and quite nice in comparison, an older girl who was a total ned and an older boy who seemed quite sound considering but a total tink, they had a dog with them too.

The maw sat across from me, the 2 kids on the aisle side, the other kid right behind me leaning over the back of my chair. Took up the whole table with all the shite they had bought from the shops, tub of cookie dough ice cream in the middle of the table they were all taking spoonfuls from. Boy lifting the spoon over my head and everything :lol: I looked up at the wrong time and saw the maw with a mouthful of it with her gummy mouth wide open, brutal stuff

Apart from their terribly bad manners, which some things seemed to be on purpose to get me to f**k off they seemed pretty harmless, got a lot of time for people like that tbh. They're obviously hard up and trying to go away and enjoy themselves on holiday just like everyone does. And the mum must have had her hands full with they kids for however long they were away.

But then the ticket man came though and they only had the 1 ticket. That's when they really started to turn into scheme goblins. Gave the ticket inspector a really hard time and kept coming up with bullshit excuses before eventually playing the sympathy card, the maw giving it the 'well this is all ahv goat left for the week' pish. Then the mum received a text from the owner of the caravan complaining they'd left it stinking and a shitehole. That's when they all turned really nasty, even the wee girl who was maybe about 11 was giving it the 'just tell her to go f**k hersel' chat. :lol:

It was a really terrible and awkward 35-40 minutes, I wanted to move so much but didn't want to seem to rude. The ticket inspector standing speaking to them for so long to made it hard to get out. By the time he fucked off we were nearly in Montrose so just stuck it out. Like I said I really don't want to get to pissed off at them cause they're just trying to enjoy themselves but they really were schemey tinks. If I ever go on a caravan holiday with my family in the future I'll be making sure I splash the cash a bit to avoid c***s like this.

Some of the chat they were having made for really interesting listening though which was a plus.

Stereotypical Glaswegian jakeys.

I've just packed all my stuff for a several day long work trip tomorrow. Everything uber organised, everything accounted for, squeezed into a tiny bag, work stuff packed in, ready to use when i get to my destination. I even shaved so i can pack my razor. My usual packing efficiency.

Just glanced at my phone. Then looked at the date more closely. Turns out im not actually going anywhere till Tuesday. I guess Ill just unpack my bag again so I can go to work as normal tomorrow.

Fail.

Edited by xbl.

You should hear what they said about you.

"Stuck up wee poof" that should "go f**k himself" are just two examples of what I've heard, so far.

I'll keep you posted. Don't shoot the messenger ;)

Go and download St Jude.

Hungover train journey home there was absolute torture. Coming from Aberdeen by masel I decided to sit at a table. Train was dead and there was hunners of seats and other tables so thought I'd be fine. Don't usually mind sitting with folk but these 4 weegies got on at Stonehaven, just back from a caravan holiday.

A mum who was a total jakey reeking of stale smoke and booze, a young girl who was really actually well behaved and proper spoken and quite nice in comparison, an older girl who was a total ned and an older boy who seemed quite sound considering but a total tink, they had a dog with them too.

The maw sat across from me, the 2 kids on the aisle side, the other kid right behind me leaning over the back of my chair. Took up the whole table with all the shite they had bought from the shops, tub of cookie dough ice cream in the middle of the table they were all taking spoonfuls from. Boy lifting the spoon over my head and everything :lol: I looked up at the wrong time and saw the maw with a mouthful of it with her gummy mouth wide open, brutal stuff

Apart from their terribly bad manners, which some things seemed to be on purpose to get me to f**k off they seemed pretty harmless, got a lot of time for people like that tbh. They're obviously hard up and trying to go away and enjoy themselves on holiday just like everyone does. And the mum must have had her hands full with they kids for however long they were away.

But then the ticket man came though and they only had the 1 ticket. That's when they really started to turn into scheme goblins. Gave the ticket inspector a really hard time and kept coming up with bullshit excuses before eventually playing the sympathy card, the maw giving it the 'well this is all ahv goat left for the week' pish. Then the mum received a text from the owner of the caravan complaining they'd left it stinking and a shitehole. That's when they all turned really nasty, even the wee girl who was maybe about 11 was giving it the 'just tell her to go f**k hersel' chat. :lol:

It was a really terrible and awkward 35-40 minutes, I wanted to move so much but didn't want to seem to rude. The ticket inspector standing speaking to them for so long to made it hard to get out. By the time he fucked off we were nearly in Montrose so just stuck it out. Like I said I really don't want to get to pissed off at them cause they're just trying to enjoy themselves but they really were schemey tinks. If I ever go on a caravan holiday with my family in the future I'll be making sure I splash the cash a bit to avoid c***s like this.

Some of the chat they were having made for really interesting listening though which was a plus.

Stereotypical Glaswegian jakeys.

Absolutely none of that happened.

Absolutely none of that happened.

I dunno, Ive been on the Aberdeen to Arbroath train in the distant past. It sounds pretty plausible to me. I'd even say it sounds familiar.

'He was smirking, staring at Chantelle whilst listening to Sexy Bitch. She's only 11'

I dont know why, but this made me laugh out loud!

West coast (anywhere with population density) = bad. East coast (encompassing north, south and west areas that are at least an hour from Glasgow) = good. That's the mindset of the greater Scottish populous, with a major hypocritical exemption for the OF fans from far and wide. And as someone who grew up both far north and west central I feel qualified to judge.