Badly behaved weans in shops.

I was in a supermarket the other day buying a bottle of wine. This maw
was there doing the same and had her 4ish years son and a toddler (in a
buggy) with her. The 4 year old was running his hand down the row of
bottles and enjoying the clinking noise as the bottles knocked
together. The conversation went like this:

Maw: Don't do that
Son: Ignores her
Maw: Please stop doing that - we have to leave soon.
Maw: Please stop it. You may break a bottle.
Me: You have been told 3 times to stop it. Now just listen to your mother.
Son: Starts to greet.
Maw: Turns beetroot, grabs son by the hand and bustles off in the opposite direction.

When is it right to give another person's weans a telling?

Badly behaved weans in shops.

I was in a supermarket the other day buying a bottle of wine. This maw

was there doing the same and had her 4ish years son and a toddler (in a

buggy) with her. The 4 year old was running his hand down the row of

bottles and enjoying the clinking noise as the bottles knocked

together. The conversation went like this:

Maw: Don't do that

Maw: Please stop doing that - we have to leave soon.

Maw: Please stop it. You may break a bottle.

Me: You have been told 3 times to stop it. Now just listen to your mother.

Son: Starts to greet.

Maw: Turns beetroot, grabs son by the hand and bustles off in the opposite direction.

When is it right to give another person's weans a telling?

i'd have said to her that you would point out she hadn't stopped the wee c**t when she noticed and is due the shop money

canny stand when folk don't control their bairns to avoid tantrums

F**king Ryanair.

I need to take a flight and take my son (12 months old) with me. They want £30 to take him, but he has to sit on my lap, for a flight that will cost *me* £25 for a seat.

...and they won't let you just buy an extra adult ticket for an infant. So you pay more than an adult flight costs, *have* to put them on your lap, and don't even get any baggage allowance for them.

FFS. :blink:

This is fucking infuriating. When we were taking regular flights between London/Prestwick/Edinburgh and Stockholm with Ryanair and Easyjet I'd just lie about whichever wean was under 2 at the time and put him/her down as 11 or 12 (rather than 1 or 2) when I booked online. If they quibbled I'd claim I made a genuine typo and pointed to my receipt as evidence of payment.

Obviously we still had to use the extended lap belt at take off and landing but we got a proper seat in-flight and I felt I got one over 'the system'!

Badly behaved weans in shops. <br /><br /><br />I was in a supermarket the other day buying a bottle of wine. This maw<br /><br />was there doing the same and had her 4ish years son and a toddler (in a<br /><br />buggy) with her. The 4 year old was running his hand down the row of<br /><br />bottles and enjoying the clinking noise as the bottles knocked<br /><br />together. The conversation went like this:<br /><br /><br />Maw: Don't do that<br /><br />Son: Ignores her<br /><br />Maw: Please stop doing that - we have to leave soon.<br /><br />Son: Ignores her<br /><br />Maw: Please stop it. You may break a bottle.<br /><br />Son: Ignores her<br /><br />Me: You have been told 3 times to stop it. Now just listen to your mother.<br /><br />Son: Starts to greet.<br /><br />Maw: Turns beetroot, grabs son by the hand and bustles off in the opposite direction.<br /><br /><br />When is it right to give another person's weans a telling?<br />

<br /><br />Don't get me started, I nearly tripper over a wean in morrisons the other day, he was pushing Himself up and down the aisles on a wee skateboard. And where was the mother? Yep, Gabbing to another woman, totally unaware that her brat was whizzing around

F**king Ryanair.

I need to take a flight and take my son (12 months old) with me. They want £30 to take him, but he has to sit on my lap, for a flight that will cost *me* £25 for a seat.

...and they won't let you just buy an extra adult ticket for an infant. So you pay more than an adult flight costs, *have* to put them on your lap, and don't even get any baggage allowance for them.

FFS. :blink:

This might cheer you up.

Driving home on 79th street having to cope with all the badly driven mum-mobiles (20 mph and miles back from the traffic just so they can catch every fucking red light) and the knob-goblins that need to jum across 2 or 3 lanes at the last minute to make their turn!