Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I don't think I'm a grammar Nazi by any stretch of the imagination, and a fair few of my posts barely make much sense, but my biggest grammatical pet peeve on here is the use of ellipsis. I hate when I see posts that are seperated................................. like this ....................... because the poster ................... feels that is what is ...................................... needed. In many other cases, people on this forum use ellipses instead of full stops at the end of a sentence.

Ellipsis is only three dots, and it's a bug bear of mine.

Sorry for coming across as a complete tool!

Edited by Ludo *1

I don't think I'm a grammar Nazi by any stretch of the imagination, and a fair few of my posts barely make much sense, but my biggest grammatical pet peeve on here is the use of elipsis. I hate when I see posts that are seperated................................. like this ....................... because the poster ................... feels that is what is ...................................... needed. In many other cases, people on this forum use elipses instead of full stops at the end of a sentence.

Elipsis is only three dots, and it's a bug bear of mine.

*Ellipsis

Hotels with their pishy wee breakfast glasses making you move back and forward between the juice dispenser numerous times.

These days I just act like a dick and hold up the queue by filling, drinking, re-filling, drinking x3.

You should sneak in a taller glass, Partridge style.

The peak time bus meant to be an addition to the holiday Sunday service timetable which was meant to be an hour ago but still hasn't feckin turned up. Not going to get home til at least 20:15 now and I could have been in the beer garden straight after work if I'd known this carry on was in the pipeline.

Hotels with their pishy wee breakfast glasses making you move back and forward between the juice dispenser numerous times.

These days I just act like a dick and hold up the queue by filling, drinking, re-filling, drinking x3.

You should sneak in a taller glass, Partridge style.

Got your big plate Alan?

£185 for a vicar to do the business for a funeral. That was 1/2 an hour at the daughters house to get a bit of info on the deceased and an hour on the day for church and graveside. Fucking robbing b*****ds ! But nice work if you can get it, £120 an hour ffs

Sweat the small stuff on BBC3 pretty much sums up everything I hate about modern society.

You hate Holly Willoughby?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I don't think I'm a grammar Nazi by any stretch of the imagination, and a fair few of my posts barely make much sense, but my biggest grammatical pet peeve on here is the use of ellipsis. I hate when I see posts that are seperated................................. like this ....................... because the poster ................... feels that is what is ...................................... needed. In many other cases, people on this forum use ellipses instead of full stops at the end of a sentence.

Ellipsis is only three dots, and it's a bug bear of mine.

It's worse when instead of......... it's,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I hate having IBS. My dad has Crohns disease and I will probably get it if my stomach and digestion system is the way it is at my age. My diet is fine I'm just an sucker for spicy food.

See everyone that's got a Samsung phone and uses the app to post on here? Gonnae go into the app settings and turn off the "posted from my...." shite please?

Eh, no.

See everyone that's got a Samsung phone and uses the app to post on here? Gonnae go into the app settings and turn off the "sent from my...." shite please?

I tried asking already but was met with a negative answer. I'd put them all on ignore but I think it'd just be me, you and whatever alias L4L comes back with left to chat.